Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFX and FFX-2 headed to PC.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's one of the things that bugged me about FFX an made is seem so rushed. Nearly all the challenges for the best weapons and equipment are stupid minigames that outstay their welcome and not based on any mastery of the combat system like in most other RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I had a mini heart attack when i booted it up for the first time only to have everything in Japanese & with no obvious way to change it. I'd thought i had downloaded the wrong version of the game until i copped that the options were in the launcher and not the game itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's one of the things that bugged me about FFX an made is seem so rushed. Nearly all the challenges for the best weapons and equipment are stupid minigames that outstay their welcome and not based on any mastery of the combat system like in most other RPGs.

Never did get the one for Tidus' weapon - Chocobo racing.

Pain in the hole that one.

Hopefully it's easier on PC.

There's that butterfly one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I had a mini heart attack when i booted it up for the first time only to have everything in Japanese & with no obvious way to change it

True gamers simply learn Japanese :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gbear wrote: »
    Never did get the one for Tidus' weapon - Chocobo racing.

Pain in the hole that one.

Hopefully it's easier on PC.

There's that butterfly one as well.

Yeah I remember I had to use a trick for the Lightning one, but the Chocobo and butterfly especially were the hardest.

I never got around to defeating all the Dark Aeons either, I think my party was fully leveled up though by end of the game...with wakka doing 13 x, 99,999 on his ULT or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Into the end game now.

I've always thought it was really well done.
    The standard bosses are a bit on the underpowered side (which makes Sin a bit of a anti-climax) but there's a nice steady graduation of enemies from regular ones in the Omega dungeon, to the monster Arena's Area monsters, Created Species and Original Monsters, right up to the Dark Aeons.
    It makes you actually want to grind because there's something at every step of the way.

It's a pity it's such a massively disproportionate pain in the hole to get Tidus and Kimahri's celestial weapons.

The rest are a piece of piss, especially with the 4x speed option in the remake (an absolute godsend for capturing pokem.. I mean fiends).
    After only about 2 or 3 hours I already have Yuna, Lulu and Auron's, and Rikku and Wakka's shouldn't take long. Just a bit of blitzball grinding and then the Cactuar mini-game.

Advertisement