Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote Martin Marjoram for President (**TUI**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I concur, you should see Irwins facebook page for her campaign, its totally laughable. I like Martins campaign against FEMPI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I don't want either of them right now. Him because I find the "classroom teacher" just a little bit like he's pretending to be a second level teacher and whoever dropped his stuff to our school was horribly rude to our secretary (witnessed by staff members). Her because how anyone could stand over that document just issued I do not understand

hence which is the "better" of the 2 candidates is the big question or more so, which has been proven to be the worst??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It's like picking a Gov all over again, working backwards on the ballot, impossible to pick somebody you actually want.

I think we need somebody like Christie in TUI and MM is a lot nearer that than JI is, 3rd level or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

In the politics of the TUI i would have more faith in Martin.

The last thing we need is a further ed president. The last one told is JC reform was a fait accompli.

Im jot not sure many members know the job that had to be done to get support for the JC campaign.

He will certainly get my vote.

• Advertisement

In the politics of the TUI i would have more faith in Martin.

The last thing we need is a further ed president. The last one told is JC reform was a fait accompli.

Im jot not sure many members know the job that had to be done to get support for the JC campaign.

He will certainly get my vote.

He's third level apparently

IT Tallaght afaik.

IT Tallaght afaik.

Yes he is from IT Tallaght. I know him reasonably well.

The third level branches were very helpful in securing support for the JC campaign.

Look at JC - effect on FE = 0

Look at LRA - effect on FE = what? No s and s ( as proudly announced by the previous president) cp hours? Whats the situation here? Afaik theres not much to it either. I will take correction on this!

We have more in common with third level than FE in my opinion

Yes he is from IT Tallaght. I know him reasonably well.

The third level branches were very helpful in securing support for the JC campaign.

Look at JC - effect on FE = 0

Look at LRA - effect on FE = what? No s and s ( as proudly announced by the previous president) cp hours? Whats the situation here? Afaik theres not much to it either. I will take correction on this!

We have more in common with third level than FE in my opinion

If you don't mind me asking, I'm looking for someone who is actually going to stand up for us against the department. Is he that person? Will he actually fight like the current ASTI president is doing?

If you don't mind me asking, I'm looking for someone who is actually going to stand up for us against the department. Is he that person? Will he actually fight like the current ASTI president is doing?

He will do his best. The current president has done so too i feel.

• Advertisement

His profile reads like he's that person.

In fairness though, JI has shown herself to be less than useless so he's the only person for the job.

He will do his best. The current president has done so too i feel.

I would disagree on the current president but that's my own opinion. Thanks for the feedback

Our ballots were distributed today, would love to see MM get it, telling anybody that will listen that he's the better of the 2.

Good few in my place seem to be voting MM, really hope he's successful, we need a bit of questioning, instead of the compliance we have to date.

Voted today too, most were looking for ballot on CP hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fridayfeeling

Marjoram attended the TUI Cork Branch Meeting and I was very impressed with him. Less so with Joanne Irwin. She'll cave on all the major issues. TUI members should also note that despite the TUI Executives call for a Yes vote on The LRA members should vote NO. Otherwise you will be stuck with the Croke Park hours for the rest of your career. At the Cork branch meeting last Wednesday there was an overwhelming rejection of Declan Glynn's call for a Yes vote. 'd like to know what the feedback was from other branch meetings?

Result in, Irwin won, no breakdown but MM posted that it was a substantial margin.

A real pity and not progress for anybody that wants the TUI to change direction.

What was turnout like?? Assume its low

Result in, Irwin won, no breakdown but MM posted that it was a substantial margin.

A real pity and not progress for anybody that wants the TUI to change direction.

Disappointed to hear that. I like Martin, hes a very passionate trade unionist
    I don't agree with his current stance on the issue at hand but im sorry he lost out.

To my mind his opponent will be lacklustre at best and absolutely ****ing useless at worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Disappointed for Marjoram. I have no faith in Irwin. I think she will be very weak at a time when we need to be stronger than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

TheDriver wrote: »
    What was turnout like?? Assume its low

Turnout was 7,231 (50.4%), discounting spoiled votes, the valid poll was 7053.
    Irwin got 4,638 votes (65.76%) and Majoram 2,415 (32.24)% so a fairly comprehensive victory for Irwin.
    If voting went anything like it did in my wife's school (who's this Majoram bloke, oh he's third level, let's give it to Irwin), it's no surprise. My wife thinks a significant number of her female colleagues also voted for Irwin because there is a perception that TUI executive is already full of men who do nothing for them. Certainly an element of truth there! A shame because Martin Marjoram has certainly been very outspoken over the years judging from our local branch correspondence.

Darwin wrote: »
    Turnout was 7,231 (50.4%), discounting spoiled votes, the valid poll was 7053.
    Irwin got 4,638 votes (65.76%) and Majoram 2,415 (32.24)% so a fairly comprehensive victory for Irwin.
    If voting went anything like it did in my wife's school (who's this Majoram bloke, oh he's third level, let's give it to Irwin), it's no surprise. My wife thinks a significant number of her female colleagues also voted for Irwin because there is a perception that TUI executive is already full of men who do nothing for them. Certainly an element of truth there! A shame because Martin Marjoram has certainly been very outspoken over the years judging from our local branch correspondence.

Being third level certainly went against him i think. I also think that the current vice president going around selling the JC as a victory she had achieved around the time of the branch nominations didn't help on that front either.

He might be better to contest for VP next time round and use the role as a stepping stone. There were never presidential bollots as far as I remember, the VP always moved along. That was until Craughwell contested it a few years back.

Advertisement