Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United v United (Farewell Upton Park or how I learned it's called the Boleyn Ground)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This is all a little weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No good ex players they could talk to?

Considering some the players that have come through West Ham even in the last 20 years, surely they could have done better\

This is nuts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haha this is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Olympic Opening Ceremony this is not.

****ing taxis on the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:confused:

I'm sure some boardroom suit thought this would be brilliant but....like....didn't they do a dry run and somebody realise how dumb this is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats the fastest Tony Cottee ever moved on that pitch:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

As cheap and tacky as the locals.

Taxi for the post match organisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

"In taxi no.3" :pac:

I think they are trying to pacify the crowd until the United Bus gets onto the Motorway

• Advertisement

Wasn't the chairman giving out earlier about th delayed kick off?msaying that people had buses and trains to catch and would have to miss the post match?

They've enough taxis there to get everyone home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

nullzero wrote: »
    There began my hatred of West Ham. Sick we threw the lead away tonight, thought we did as much as could be expected against West Ham in that occasion and atmosphere.
    West Ham fans making idiots of themselves yet again, we know they love sticking it to United but tonight was their occasion and in the end they marred it for themselves. Blowing bubbles indeed, wallies.

:D:D:D Bitter much??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Fair play to West Ham, they fully deserved the win even based on the first half alone. But this is a load of cringy bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Why are they leaving the Boleyn so soon?...sure it's only been a few weeks since they left Upton Park.

It's a bit cringe but I was a West Ham I'd be enjoying watching the old footage.

Your wan is fecking awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Teddy Sheringham looks like he stepped off the set of Peaky Blinders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Teddy Sheringham looks like he stepped off the set of Peaky Blinders.

Why is he even there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is Teddy Sheringham trying to copy Stephen Hunts style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No Danny Dyer or Ray Winstone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What's the capacity of the Olympic stadium. Will West ham fill it week in week out

Why is he even there?

Coz he played over 70 times for WHU and did quite well.

No Danny Dyer or Ray Winstone?

They'll be it the new film about tonight's match

jamesbere wrote: »
    What's the capacity of the Olympic stadium. Will West ham fill it week in week out

60k.

52k season tickets sold already. Expected sell out every week

jamesbere wrote: »

60K capacity...52K season tickets sold. Yes they will certainly fill it for the first season anyway. All depends after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh dear. And the images of the fans in the crowd. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Didn't they confiscate Bobby Moores season ticket a couple of years before he died? Told him to move on. Now they eulogise him for their own end.

No sign of Geoff Hurst which was strange he probably didn't want to share the stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ludo wrote: »
    Coz he played over 70 times for WHU and did quite well.

Bit tenuous really. Especially considering the other London teams he played for :D

Ludo wrote: »
    60K capacity...52K season tickets sold. Yes they will certainly fill it for the first season anyway. All depends after that.

That's fair enough. Probably be a bit of pressure on them now to be a bit successful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The powers that be threatened to cancel the ceremony after the match if there was a pitch invasion...... bet everyone wishes there was a pitch invasion now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This was the worst musical performance I've seen today and I saw a good bit of the Eurovision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It might have been discussed earlier, but what penalties will be put on United for helping to delay the kick off again. I'm not excusing th e crowd acting the tit and coming a few weeks after they arrived late for the Spurs game, to me means someone needs a kick in the hole.

This was the worst musical performance I've seen today and I saw a good bit of the Eurovision.

They'll have graham Norton commentary next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

That band were dire at the end.

I wonder has the Utd bus left yet??? :D

I think the scummy actions of the West Ham fans have ruined the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

It might have been discussed earlier, but what penalties will be put on United for helping to delay the kick off again. I'm not excusing th e crowd acting the tit and coming a few weeks after they arrived late for the Spurs game, to me means someone needs a kick in the hole.

The clowns who were firing bottles at the bus would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

So gentrification of London led to it being reffered to as Boleyn Ground.

Bye bye Upton Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mansize wrote: »
    So gentrification of London led to it being reffered to as Boleyn Ground.

Bye bye Upton Park

It being called the Boleyn Ground for more than 100 years led to it being referred to as the Boleyn Ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mikeym wrote: »
    That band were dire at the end.

I wonder has the Utd bus left yet??? :D

I think the scummy actions of the West Ham fans have ruined the night.

Why would the united bus leave? we were at home:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just back from the Rovers game so only watching the highlights on SSN. But looks like West Ham should've had the game over by halftime with the chances.

Especially the Carroll chance. Were United over committing or something even in the first half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Interesting read on it ? helping to delay the kick off ? Who knows what the reasons were why the coach was late.. if anyone at the United end was culpable.. fair enough fine them.. whatever... What I didn't like was Bilic using the late coach as an excuse for his own fans attacking the bus... he should be censured for making such remarks in my view as it excuses violence and therefore by proxy could be seen to incite it which isnt on.. poor form on his part...
    as for the game I thought West Ham were value for the win.. United.. piss poor for 80% of the game really.. story of the season...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

dfx- wrote: »
    Just back from the Rovers game so only watching the highlights on SSN. But looks like West Ham should've had the game over by halftime with the chances.

Especially the Carroll chance. Were United over committing or something even in the first half?

Nope, just shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Strumms wrote: »
    Interesting read on it ? helping to delay the kick off ? Who knows what the reasons were why the coach was late.. if anyone at the United end was culpable.. fair enough fine them.. whatever... What I didn't like was Bilic using the late coach as an excuse for his own fans attacking the bus... he should be censured for making such remarks in my view as it excuses violence and therefore by proxy could be seen to incite it which isnt on.. poor form on his part...
    as for the game I thought West Ham were value for the win.. United.. piss poor for 80% of the game really.. story of the season...

As I said in the op, there is no excuse for the hooligans pelting the bus, they are responsible for that. However, United got caught in traffic at Spurs a few weeks ago. Anyone with an ounce of wit would have erred on the side of caution and been early. If nothing else, it meant they had to inch tru even larger crowds arriving so soon before the kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why would the united bus leave? we were at home:rolleyes:

So did the West Ham Utd players just walk to and from the stadium? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

As I said in the op, there is no excuse for the hooligans pelting the bus, they are responsible for that. However, United got caught in traffic at Spurs a few weeks ago. Anyone with an ounce of wit would have erred on the side of caution and been early. If nothing else, it meant they had to inch tru even larger crowds arriving so soon before the kick off.

Its already been pointed out, repeatedly, that Utd were late at Spurs cause a police man sent them down the wrong road.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Its already been pointed out, repeatedly, that Utd were late at Spurs cause a police man sent them down the wrong road.

From what I can see..they were late for Spurs match and as a result got stuck in traffic. They tried an alternative route at police suggestion which led them to a low tunnel which then delayed then further. So again if they had left enough time the secondary delay would not happen. It is unprofessional to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love how blame is sorely on the victim and not the guilty party here.

Although the gutless performance made it worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

. However, United got caught in traffic at Spurs a few weeks ago. Anyone with an ounce of wit would have erred on the side of caution and been early. If nothing else, it meant they had to inch tru even larger crowds arriving so soon before the kick off.

Anybody with an ounce of wit would also know that United were late to the Spurs game because the police diverted the bus down a road that they couldnt pass through due to a low bridge....... nothing to do with poor planning on the United side anyway.

But hey lets ignore the facts and blame United for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Non-Utd fans should be delighted with them turning up late. They've lost both games, been completely outplayed and conceded 6 goals, then there's the added bonus of being able to laugh at the sheer incompetence of it from a club Man Utd's stature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

West Ham will be kicking themselves that they aren't in with a shout of Top 4.

Points dropped at home to Palace (1-0 to 1-1 due to a ridiculous sending off), away to Leicester (2-1 to 2-2 with a dodgy enough penalty in the 94th min), and then the 4-1 thrashing at home to Swansea.

That's 7 points right there that could have seen top in 4th going into the final game! Even beating Swansea last Sat would have put them in a great position for Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Also Chelsea got a dodgy last minute peno against them in the 2-2 draw at the Bridge.

There was a few weeks where they seemed to get poor decisions against them every weekand they cost them quite a few points.

Advertisement