Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a Credit Card?

• 10-05-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Essence of the story is this...

In 2009 with the onset of the crash I decided to tighten in the reigns & sort out my finances. I had two credit cards both with Ulster Bank. I've been with them over 25 years. Back in 2009 I cancelled both cards. I'm in full time employment. Both my wife & I are. We haven't renegade on any payments, all bills domestic & otherwise are fully paid. We have no loans. Financially we're OK. Everything we've needed has been paid for by cash or done without. Of late I've been wondering if it was possible to get a Credit Card? I've applied with UB & been declined. I've applied to KBC and declined. Essentially, we're looking at taking a holiday for the first time since 2008 and having a credit card would be very beneficial. Has anyone got any advice on how & where I might be fortunate enough to get clearance for a Credit Card? I don't understand why I've been declined to date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Pontiac wrote: »
    Essence of the story is this...

In 2009 with the onset of the crash I decided to tighten in the reigns & sort out my finances. I had two credit cards both with Ulster Bank. I've been with them over 25 years. Back in 2009 I cancelled both cards. I'm in full time employment. Both my wife & I are. We haven't renegade on any payments, all bills domestic & otherwise are fully paid. We have no loans. Financially we're OK. Everything we've needed has been paid for by cash or done without. Of late I've been wondering if it was possible to get a Credit Card? I've applied with UB & been declined. I've applied to KBC and declined. Essentially, we're looking at taking a holiday for the first time since 2008 and having a credit card would be very beneficial. Has anyone got any advice on how & where I might be fortunate enough to get clearance for a Credit Card? I don't understand why I've been declined to date.

There was a thread on here a few months ago about a young women who were earning like €40k a year and couldn't get a credit card either. Do you have a mortgage? You might be rejected for a credit card as you have no credit history

If that is the case, you might get a tiny loan from a CU and pay it back to get a credit rating. I personally don't understand why CU's dont offer a credit card here. Phone the bank and ask if you would get a credit card, if you had a credit history

I imagine you didnt get a card, as you dont have a credit rating.

Advertisement