Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3000 for health insurance good value?

• 10-05-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

My parents are currently paying three grand as cover for themselves and two teenagers.

They're on VHI One Plan(€1095 net premium) and kids on One+ Plan.

From googling around I found Laya Simply Connect Plus suggested as an alternative, priced at €1,099 per adult.

Does anyone know if this is the gross price or net price after tax relief?

Anyone any other suggestions of better value plans?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

My understanding is that the prices include the tax relief.

Check http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison for comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

The trick with health insurance is to find the obscure plans with no marketing on them. Eg the nurses and midwives plan from VHI is pretty decent. VHI has another plan similar to it but has no orthopedic cover

Generally if you phone up VHI and spend about 15 mins on about how you want to cancel as their plans are totally overpriced. Eventually they start suggesting cheaper and comparably plans. I spent 15 mins on the phone with them to find me a cheaper plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Merowig wrote: »
    My understanding is that the prices include the tax relief.

Check http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison for comparison

Yes your right. Thanks for link.
    newacc2015 wrote: »
    The trick with health insurance is to find the obscure plans with no marketing on them. Eg the nurses and midwives plan from VHI is pretty decent. VHI has another plan similar to it but has no orthopedic cover

Generally if you phone up VHI and spend about 15 mins on about how you want to cancel as their plans are totally overpriced. Eventually they start suggesting cheaper and comparably plans. I spent 15 mins on the phone with them to find me a cheaper plan

Cheers. What plan did you go with in the end?

Advertisement