Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening equipment, recommended brands?

Options

Comments

I have Stihl hand held blower and vacuum for the past four years and never had any problems. I'd say buying second hand would be safe enough the engine is never put under any pressure and if the
    right mix is used all the time they should last.

I have used the vacuum once. They are not great the bag is small and the leaves have to be very dry. I wouldn't even bother with a vacuum if I replaced it. I just blow the leaves into a corner and put them into a tonne bag.

The blower is very good at blowing wet leaves off paths and driveways

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

The question I would have buying these types of things second hand is if they are still any good, why would owners want to sell/trade them? Unless they were commercial, in which case they would probably be hammered anyway.

I bought a Husqvarna (125BV) blower/vac last winter, and am happy with it so far. I would second the comment above about the Vac; you will not get much use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for the replies. The 125BV was one I was on the verge of buying recently.

I am starting to think I might go for blower only. I have tarmac recently put down and after cutting grass usually have some cuttings on it, plus bits that fall off the lawnmowers wheels as I drive across it. I had always seen myself vacuuming it up to keep my tarmac in good condition, I suppose I could just blow it all back where it came from.

I might go 4 stroke though, its a pain to do the mixing for my strimmer.

Advertisement