Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds Douglas

Options
  • 10-05-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

McDonald's is Douglas has been closed the past free days and is surrounded by horsing with sinage saying its for renovations, however there does not seem to be any work going on there... Strangely there were no notices prior to the closure informing their customers either.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Noticed that, but there were a lot of work vans there the other morning when I passed.
    Strange if there's no work going on, that place is always busy so they would likely want it to be opened asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Re-Opening May 18th as far as I know. Seems like a bit of a modern re-fit, including the ever more popular touchscreen terminals seen in other stores

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

CianDon wrote: »
    Re-Opening May 18th as far as I know. Seems like a bit of a modern re-fit, including the ever more popular touchscreen terminals seen in other stores

That are a pain in the hole! Broken more often than working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There was notices given alright yas just didn't see them... Oh love a Mcids Coffee in the morning..

Annoyed actually as twas kinda the last of the nice newish, normal ones left. Bet now there is going to wait for it more screens for kids in there like the one in Ballincollig

Ah was cursing ye today, had to go out so thought sure ill get a wrap thing in Mcie D's not knowing what it was in my head. And sure went to Douglas..Dose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Place in Douglas is a Gold Mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

Milly33 wrote: »
    There was notices given alright yas just didn't see them... Oh love a Mcids Coffee in the morning..

Annoyed actually as twas kinda the last of the nice newish, normal ones left. Bet now there is going to wait for it more screens for kids in there like the one in Ballincollig

eh have you visit blackpool and commons rd milly

Blackpool is like the worst McDonalds in the world.. It is very hard to get wrong by byjasus they do up there...
    Commons road nope either would be more the other side..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭got2meearlier

Customer service in Ballincollig McDonalds is the absolute pits. Its the SLOWEST service and the orders are wrong more often then right. Much easier to use the kiosk then try to order from the staff in there. They are almost always out of something. Happy meal toys, Fruit bags etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Customer service in Ballincollig McDonalds is the absolute pits. Its the SLOWEST service and the orders are wrong more often then right. Much easier to use the kiosk then try to order from the staff in there. They are almost always out of something. Happy meal toys, Fruit bags etc.

who gets fruit in mcdonalds??

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Has it reopened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

mikeym wrote: »
    Has it reopened yet?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭got2meearlier

you know to offer the baby along with his happy meal in the pretence its healthy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Is there much improvement inside after the reopening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

No difference really, they took out some seats in the center area to add in some self service machines and changed the counter area to remove a few tills to replace them with an order collection counter. That appears to be it from the public side of it, the kitchen looks to be redone but I couldn't see any other difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.corkindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2016/08/04/4124371-douglas-are-loving-it/

update on new look Douglas McDonalds which now has self service units.

Advertisement