Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with mapmyride

Options
  • 10-05-2016 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Morning Folks,

Yesterday I cycled home and I recorded the spin on mapmyride (app on I-Phone)

according to it I rode 22.8 Km in 2hours 3 mins @ an average speed of 1,017.6 kmph!

My journey is a shade under 30kms and I was home in just under 1hour 25 mins. Is anyone else who uses the same app having issues or am I just special

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

you must be very special - its never given me those kind of stats. I just get the 25k avg time after time after time. maybe your one is right and my one is wrong :P

seriously though - i use it on an android for both running and cycling and never had issue with it. might just be a one off event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

The only time I have these kind of issues is when its unable to get an accurate GPS fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

For the last 3 weeks or so it hasn't been saving the rides although it recorded them while riding. What showed up after each spin looked ok (if not a bit on the slow side)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

It seemed to be acting up yeaterday.
    Both my brother and I use it, I'm on iPhone and he is using android.

Both left for spins early yesterday morning. Different routes and starting points.

His didn't start recording till he was 15k from home, then kicked in.

Mine didn't record a thing on my 25k commute then when I got off the bike and accessed it it gave me a similar reading to the OP. 20k at 1350 kph or some such nonsense..

Worked fine coming home and was spot on today in and home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

can't convert my mapmyride workouts into tcx files to log them onto strava in the last few days. from what I can gather now you have to have the premium version. anyone else having this issue lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I have stopped trying to record rides, I just log a ride using that option instead. I dumped strava sometime ago cos it all went Petetong on me, maybe im jinxed!

Advertisement