Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

At home trying to build a flat pack furniture set, with a screwdriver and a hairbrush. Somehow managed to cut the back of my wrist with a sticking out screw and bled all over my not yet built white flat pack. Should have been a brownie as a kid, they'd surely teach this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Clock watching to see how soon I can settle for the night. so little stamina still but had a satisfying simple day kind of home-making .. just the small things.... And pottering with the dog outside.. Dwarfed by the mountains..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Just hung out clothes. Praying it doesn't rain.

Need to go to town to get some Groceries and necessities but that involves waking up fully and getting washed and driving and being amongst people and navigating around a couple of different Shops. I don't feel well at all, I feel like puking and I ache all over plus Mother Nature is making her presence known. I don't feel like going but I suppose I better go. :rolleyes::( I don't want to adult today I just want to build pillow-forts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Britain
    On a bus. Sigh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Wrapped up (cocooned) in a blanket. Fire lit. Snacks and ginger ale within arms reach. Movie about to start on the tv.
    I am going to embrace this Hygge thing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Sitting at home in apartment, Big cold snap hitting here, these apartments were not built for the cold :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Britain
    Waiting for the end of a raffle in kartworld Watergrasshill. Charity event run by agri contractors around Cork for West Cork Rapid Response. Back on the bus next and next stop is Reardans in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Sitting in front of a lovely stove fire watching the news. Went mattress shopping today. It's quite odd lying on a bed with a stranger asking if I'm comfortable..

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Britain
    Got a bad dose of the manflu but Match Of The Day is starting so I'm not going to bed just yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

On the couch browsing adverts, eating a massive toblerone and half watching a show about how aliens built the pyramids which is narated by a fella that looks like he was electrocuted.Twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

On the couch watching the Tommy Tiernan Show from last thursday on the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

On the couch browsing adverts, eating a massive toblerone and half watching a show about how aliens built the pyramids which is narated by a fella that looks like he was electrocuted.Twice.

lLxCoWM.jpg
    I'm on the couch watching I am legend again.

Im on the couch talking to a old school friend on skype whose in the french foreign legion. What a different life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

On the couch watching the film 'some mother's son'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I got a lil Fan Heater off someone and there's a multitude of about 4-inch-sections of fluff/dust matted/molted/moulded lol into the vents and the same again inside in the Fan itself or Engine or whatever ya want to call it, but I've been trying to figure out how to clean the feicing thing for a few days now, cloths no good, I was watching Videos showing people cleaning portable Heaters but they take them apart, knowing me I probably wouldn't be able to put this back together again if I took it apart. But on more googling I found a Tin of Air Compressor suggested to be a common cleaning aid for it. So that's what I'm at here now with my Tin of Air. Blashting the ar$e off it. But it's working really well too so it is, it's getting the deeply intertwined / engrained fluff/dust right outta there. A Tin of Air is a mighty bit of stuff. It's quite a soothing and therapeutic thing too I must say. Like with popping bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'm just leaving a bukakke party, some night

Bed waiting for something to happen..The water system here would have Heath Robinson baffled and the toilet cistern has stopped filling. And an overflow pipe outside is spouting vigorously..

If I turn the water off outside I get no water in the house but the overflow stops.

so I have turned the water off outside to avoid a lake forming..

I have filled a big bottle and a bucket and left a note on his gate for the farmer who has sheep up here. SOMEONE locally must know the system such as it is...

So am resting on my laurels now!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Lovely sunny day here so I am of out for a Americano aka a black coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking out over the Persian Gulf from the top floor of a Sheraton hotel, clear skies, 20C, just perfect for flying :)

Graces7 wrote: »
    Bed waiting for something to happen..The water system here would have Heath Robinson baffled and the toilet cistern has stopped filling. And an overflow pipe outside is spouting vigorously..

If I turn the water off outside I get no water in the house but the overflow stops.

so I have turned the water off outside to avoid a lake forming..

I have filled a big bottle and a bucket and left a note on his gate for the farmer who has sheep up here. SOMEONE locally must know the system such as it is...

So am resting on my laurels now!.

Back in bed... well, all fixed... what they said was an overflow pipe was the main water inpipe to the house , come adrift from the roof...All fixed and I now have water and have met good neighbours... Bliss...Snooze time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    Sitting on my bed in my new hotel room. After 4 fantastic days in Ella I took the most horrendous bus trip ever to Wellawaya where I had to get off before I speckled the people lucky enough to have seats with my breakfast. Scariest thing I have ever done and I nearly drowned white water rafting.

Got a taxi the rest of the way and got to see my first elephants in the wild on my way to Ude Walawe National Park. Will probably do the safari in the morning as really not feeling well after that journey.*

*drinking beer, vodka and the local poitin type drink Toddy with the guys who own and run the hotel I had been staying at until 3 this morning, may or may not have contributed to the feelings of ill health on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Same place I am most days, in the shadow of the Burj Khalifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Sitting down next to my 2 year old boy in crumlin after his big operation knowing hell never remember the terror and stress we have gone through , or himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

italodisco wrote: »
    I'm just leaving a bukakke party, some night
    Did you get an eyeful?

Couch, feeling crappy but don't know if I'm C coming down with something or am just run down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

How massive?

Answer in grams please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    Sitting in the garden of my hotel waiting for 5 English people to join me so that we can go on safari. It is 5.38 am and we leave at 5.45. Actually feel sick with tiredness but am sure I will be ok when the excitement of seeing my elephant friends hits.

I'm in bed wishing I was the one going to see elephants. I love elephants so much.

Im on the way to bed, sleep needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Carribean
    How massive?

Answer in grams please.

Dont get me started on nestle and their sneaky ways.Its not the only skulduggery they have their mits in. Right now, I'm watching some crappy thing about the '90s on channel 4,I've had a few smokes and a couple of beers its easy on the brain so it will do for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement