Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

On and off the sofa doing latenight housework I didn't get done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Meguro, Tokyo at work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed, full of strong sweet coffee... Listening to the sweet utter silence after the storm yesterday. Sweet sweet silence. when it gets light will tidy the tantrum effects, replace the gas cylinder etc. But for now, resting in the sweet silence. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    Lying (fully clothed I may add) on the bed in my hotel room in Vasco da Gama trying not to throw up again. I had a temperature last night which thankfully has gone down again but my raging headache and sore throat have not dissipated.

Now the vomiting. Gonna keep an eye on the temp and if I have a fever will be going to the hospital. Fingers crossed its not dengue or some other ****e like that and that am just having a bit of bug.

Booked myself into a really nice, out of my budget hotel for 2 days to try to recuperate but the problem is I now have to get my act together enough to go get the bus that will take an hour to get there. Pray for me that there is no sharting or vomiting on the bus. I have no clean clothes left and am relying on the next hotel's laundry services. It's 11am here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

In weekend mode....hyper as fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Lying in bed after dreaming I had two essays and an exam due in a day and hadn't a clue. Chemistry of all things urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Baybay

San Fransisco. In bed after a lovely, end of holiday meal in Mortons.

Africa
    Sitting in posh hotel lobby trying not to puke but unable to check into my room coz dumbass here left her passport in the previous hotel an hour away.

They took it to photocopy it at check in and were meant to drop it up to me yesterday evening. I forgot that they hadn't and left this morning.

Grrrrr

Edit: In my room relaxing now and feeling a bit less pukey. Thankfully I had uploaded copies of my passport and visa to google drive and was able to email them copies until my passport arrives from the other hotel, which is likely to be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First day off, of a looooonng weekend, and awake since about 7am, and can't even blame some bird called Doris this time. Might get out of the bed in another hour or so to survey the previous nights damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Lying in bed after a full nights sleep (I've been up about 12 times to referee, make toast, get water, clean yoghurt off the child and kitchen floor and change a sh!tty bum (not mine))
    The universal babysitter has now got something on to please everyone and peace is prevailing ... For now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie.... as your travels continue, try eating one raw onion each day, it will help with the stomach problems.

Dragging my arse outta bed, extremely happy at getting a $1000 tip last night for doing my job :)

Garden etc. sorted. Everything back in its rightful place. Although I could hardly lift that gas cylinder which makes me very glad it did not hit the glass door when Doris had her tantrum . House is bright with daffodils as so many got blown over. All serene and at my knitting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

On a train to Dublin to visit the passport office. Then staying up for the weekend with family to go for dinner, see a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

smurfjed wrote:
    Dragging my arse outta bed, extremely happy at getting a $1000 tip last night for doing my job

Can I ask what your job is? You must be good 😊

Africa
    smurfjed wrote: »
    @witchie.... as your travels continue, try eating one raw onion each day, it will help with the stomach problems.

Not sure the accompanying acid reflux would appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

In my bedroom, going through the wardrobe to decide what to keep/junk/give to the charity shop

Horrible job I hate getting rid of stuff, but I'm being brutal as I'm finding stuff I forgot I had

Taken from my office window :)
    https://instagram.com/p/BOXcAuRgqg-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    smurfjed wrote:
    Dragging my arse outta bed, extremely happy at getting a $1000 tip last night for doing my job

:0
    I'm nearly afraid to ask what you work at ..
    (any jobs available?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Working from bed. Nose on me like a tap. Seeing double.
    Woe is me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

smurfjed wrote:
    Taken from my office window

Truly disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

At home in bed with a dodge tummy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Britain
    In doc's waiting room being forced to listen to country music. Am i not sick enough?!

It's like a sick ward in here.

I'm coughing in winterlongs air space

To add to the misery; lying down after one last attempt to get a better car insurance quote.. only to find that they are all double the one from my existing company.. then the postman arrives ( as I am hanging washing up in my dressing gown..) with a reminder from my existing firm. so they get the money ... REALLY!

I'm coughing in winterlongs air space

I just farted under your duvet. Soz.

Graces7 wrote: »
    To add to the misery; lying down after one last attempt to get a better car insurance quote.. only to find that they are all double the one from my existing company.. then the postman arrives ( as I am hanging washing up in my dressing gown..) with a reminder from my existing firm. so they get the money ... REALLY!
    Insurance is just one of those things. Changed my car in January and I have my licence (full) ten years. Have 11 years driving experience (1 year on provisional)
    Never had a claim, no penalty points, full no claims (not even a windscreen) and my insurance has doubled from what it was last year. It's sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Britain
    Insurance is just one of those things. Changed my car in January and I have my licence (full) ten years. Have 11 years driving experience (1 year on provisional)
    Never had a claim, no penalty points, full no claims (not even a windscreen) and my insurance has doubled from what it was last year. It's sickening

Halved my insurance this year,went through a broker and got insurance in Denmark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Britain
    At my desk in my apartment, printing out things for my manuscript and eating Digestives Nibbles :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement