Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Drinking pints and browsing boards in a bar in Nha Trang, east Vietnam.

Booked into a hotel instead of the backpackers hostel again. I'm enjoying the solace to be honest before I start my new job in Sydney in just over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Looking at the gorgeous day from the couch remembering a time when I'd be outside cutting grass, washing the car, tidying up after winter or going for a ramble with the kids up the fields.
    The cost of injury I guess. Makes me sad. (and guilty cos I missed the gym this morning out of pure laziness!)
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Guilty as charged by Mike.ie

https://flic.kr/p/Rz5cd7

@chikeckie is Nha Trang as Boring as I remember it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

sitting outside for the moment :) listening to the birds chirp - if my neighbours would just keep quiet it would be too lovely!

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    @chikeckie is Nha Trang as Boring as I remember it ?

On first impressions, its pretty **** tbh but I only arrived in about at 5pm this evening. Might get out of here a day early and head for Hoi An. Its 11.30 at night on a Saturday and a lot of the bars have closed up.

I'd estimate about 70% of the people here are Russian holidaymakers. I think over 750 flights land here each year directly from Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    Sitting in my living room trying not to cough or fart in case moany arse next door complains about the noise again.

My fella and I were having a bit of hanky panky during his break today at lunchtime and this french voice wafts through the walls saying "hello, I can hear everything, please stop". We did.

Then the landlord's mother and brother came down and told me there was a complaint from next door about the noise.

Fair enough last night when we were a bit noisy and drunk but during the day when they wake me at 8 every morning making breakfast and chatting? Feck right off.

Gonna try move to a different apartment tomorrow.

Africa
    Sitting in my living room trying not to cough or fart in case moany arse next door complains about the noise again.

My fella and I were having a bit of hanky panky during his break today at lunchtime and this french voice wafts through the walls saying "hello, I can hear everything, please stop". We did.

Then the landlord's mother and brother came down and told me there was a complaint from next door about the noise.

Fair enough last night when we were a bit noisy and drunk but during the day when they wake me at 8 every morning making breakfast and chatting? Feck right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Wondering if Witchie (in the spirit of enténte cordial) will ask her French neighbours to come over and join in tomorrow, no more complaints being filed at least then !

Sitting on leaprechaun sized stool downtown Yangon eating noodles at 1am. . Wondering WTF, as I'm drunk as a skunk 😀

• Advertisement

Africa
    Erik Shin wrote: »
    Wondering if Witchie (in the spirit of enténte cordial) will ask her French neighbours to come over and join in tomorrow, no more complaints being filed at least then !

Nope. Not a chance.

Think I should crawl into bed now and snuggle up to himself for a few hours before he has to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Africa
    mike_ie wrote: »
    Ran into a fellow boardsie in Yangon, Myanmar, so having a few pints in Union Bar right now...
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Guilty as charged by Mike.ie

Slowly recovering in my kitchen....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

B00! wrote: »
    sitting outside for the moment :) listening to the birds chirp - if my neighbours would just keep quiet it would be too lovely!
    Witchie wrote: »

Wondering if BOO! lives in Goa..... :D:D

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    On first impressions, its pretty **** tbh but I only arrived in about at 5pm this evening. Might get out of here a day early and head for Hoi An. Its 11.30 at night on a Saturday and a lot of the bars have closed up.

I'd estimate about 70% of the people here are Russian holidaymakers. I think over 750 flights land here each year directly from Russia.

Rum for breakfast. Doubt I'll be leaving Nha Trang today.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On a train from Swansea back for the ferry after drunken madness yesterday. Hadn't drank in a year or so, had a year's worth in one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

About to head out to an early St Patrick's Day parade that two of our grandchildren are in. The sun is out and will, hopefully, stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

FEIS....since half eight...take me now lord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Still in bed, trying not to feel guilty about it

33356230696_9514a04c18.jpg

Dinner time.. no idea what this is, but it beats the fried beetles

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joe Chang

Sitting on my chair and listening to Iron Maiden - Aces High.

• Advertisement

Britain
    In a pub called Wigwam along with my book. Having a pint of something called Blonde Hag and a Tunnocks tea cake :D

Just spent 3 hours walking around a shopping centre with my daughter, told her before we left that i wasn't buying her a thing.....€40 later and a McDonald's i have a feeling I was played like a fiddle

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Rum for breakfast. Doubt I'll be leaving Nha Trang today.

Still going strong. Currently in a swanky club in the beach and its 11.28pm here. Eyeing up a move to the dance floor. I'm boarding a train at 5am for Hoi An. In a berth with 3 other poor sods who I've yet to meet.

In the words of Fr Fintan Stack "I had my fun and thats all that matters"

*Sits back and takes long slow drag from cigarette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Just back from a great day out in Dun Laoigaire. Sunshiney walks and sea air and food and beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just relaxing in the pub :)

Just drank a bottle of wine... Onto the beer now....And a little divilment on boards....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Britain
    On the couch feeling sorry for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

just :o sitting ... imagining myself cheerily cleaning de house, in hopes of finding the motivation

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Still in the pub, very sore after playing pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

In my living room watching an old Suede gig (1995) on Youtube and debating whether to read G.R.R. Martin's "Dance with Dragons" or make a start on re-read the entire Harry Potter series from scratch. Board.ie is providing an excellent distraction from this agonised internal debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement