Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sitting here knowing I need to scrub down but have no energy. If I can muster into the Triton I know then I can treat myself with wine and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

On a 3 hour train ride around the city of Yangon, extremely interesting way to see the local culture

Something like this really makes you realise that growing up in Ireland wasn't so bad after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just messing about in my bedroom with camera equipment. Morning chorus going on outside but no sleep last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Just messing about in my bedroom with camera equipment. Morning chorus going on outside but no sleep last night :(

What kind of messing???....lol lol

gifted wrote: »
    What kind of messing???....lol lol

Just fixing my tie ;)

But seriously I'm probably the only one in my school with their uniform on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Sitting on the couch ...In the dark... Wondering who I drank copious amounts of wine and 9% beer afterwards..... Erik is one sick puppy today!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

Stuffed after a full Irish in Terminal 2 On the plane now feeling as full as a lord looking forward to catching up on last night's sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In bed still feeling slightly stuffed and dirty.

Have been cutting back on the kebabs and pizza, and had the first one last night in 2-3 weeks, my second in 7 or 8, and can still feel it slushing sound my stomach.

I most definitely need a belly rub, and a pint or two of water.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Britain
    Trying not to clock watch while planning my escape..

On school struggling to stay awake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bounced in to work today. A 3 day week lies ahead before a long long weekend.. Sure how hard can that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    School run done, on the couch wondering if the housework really needs doing today cos I tried to make tea but I hadn't boiled the kettle..it might be safer to go back to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

smurfjed wrote: »
    On a 3 hour train ride around the city of Yangon, extremely interesting way to see the local culture

Something like this really makes you realise that growing up in Ireland wasn't so bad after all.

Had a similar experience on the train this morning. Shared a room with a Vietnamese lad who was travelling up north to get medicine for his sick mother. 2 nights travelling it was taking him to get what he needs. He offered me half his food, which i declined but he persisted so I ate it not to seem rude.

The food was plain rice with crushed up peanuts for flavour. Very bland but it made me realise how lucky I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Had a similar experience on the train this morning. Shared a room with a Vietnamese lad who was travelling up north to get medicine for his sick mother. 2 nights travelling it was taking him to get what he needs. He offered me half his food, which i declined but he persisted so I ate it not to seem rude.

The food was plain rice with crushed up peanuts for flavour. Very bland but it made me realise how lucky I am.

I hear ya. When I stayed with friends in Kandy, Sri Lanka and saw how they lived I was very humbled.

Even now, my boyfriend's assertations that one day - in the next 3 years, he will build his parents a house instead of the bamboo hut they live in, really gives you a wake up call. He is so proud that he is saving to build them 2 rooms.

So right now I am about to get stuck into some work while sipping a Kingfisher beer and watching paint covered people frolicking in the sea at Palolem beach as they celebrate Holi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

In my back garden waiting to go do an exam

Urg. It's a nice day though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

resting.. .. not done much of anything. Tired. Postponed the day away due to a small situation here that needs a little attention.

Lovely quiet mild weather; did not even light the fire.. Lovely !

Watched "Cry the Beloved Country " on youtube.. hard times but such beauty

Leaving Yangon at some totally uncivilised hour, my traveling partner is saying repeated prayers to the goddess of hangovers ! She is gonna have a long day.

Vientiane Laos via Bangkok here we come.

Thank you Mike_ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

looking at a sink of dishes that need done.

Laying on the couch awake with back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Listening to the silence. Not just an absence of noise but a deep .... silence. Abed of course.. serious razzling tomorrow so resting today...

sweet silence....

• Advertisement

Overlooking the Mekong River and Thailand, drinking ice cold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kitchen, about to make a bit of breakfast, having to listen to FM Radio due to my current unreliable Internet connection, and wondering if it's too early in spring to mow the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Relaxing on the couch watching Better call Saul...

At work. Trying to work but really am waiting for the Cheltenhamhorse racing to start. All money on 'Lifeboat Mona'. Bound to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    Sitting in the bar of the hotel were my fella works, throwing sneaky eyes at each other. Aww bless him, he is just too adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Africa
    No power for the past five hours, so just back from having a very reserved beer at the beer station across the road...

uICTbgZl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

Lying in bed after a long Nightshift in work.
    Can't sleep due to my wonderfully happy and noisy kids and the excruciatingly​ painful toothache that I've had for a week and can't afford to get it looked at !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Winterlong wrote: »
    At work. Trying to work but really am waiting for the Cheltenhamhorse racing to start. All money on 'Lifeboat Mona'. Bound to win.

You're giving me ideas on this!!!

I'm sitting at work now wondering whether to throw a few bets on. It's a lovely day today too, nice and mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Winterlong wrote: »

That's where my money is too :)

• Advertisement

That's where my money is too :)

Mona looked a great ride, but not today. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement