Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Britain
    On a feckin bus.

Witchie, how about befriending a local stray cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Witchie wrote: »
    Lying on the bed under the fan melting and trying to decide whether to go to the beach or pool at hotel next door. Ummmmm

A cat just strolled in as brazen as fook. Told it "get out ya cheeky baxtard" and it did. ��
    Lying in bed freaking out with bf laughing at me. I was on the toilet and heard a thud on the ceiling. Looked up and a rat was running along the beams. Screamed the place down and himself came running in and has been laughing at me since. Seems rats in your house is no big deal in India.

Are the cats in India lazy or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not sure I can as have paid for the month and to be honest kinda can't afford to as am trying to save my money for flights that will have to take now that I no longer feel safe taking trains on my own across India.

Part of me feels like just going home but then I sit here photo.php?fbid=10154195114311916&set=p.10154195114311916&type=3 and wonder if a rat will do me much harm!

What a panic. Traps? A cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Waiting in the gym for class to start, so far I'm the only one here... Still laughing at my 2 eldest who pleaded for about an hour for the day off because of snow... They're so disgusted I didn't give in, but jaysus it was funny listening to all they were going to do today if they did get a snow day.
    They'd just disappear upstairs with their phones and I'd see them at dinner time .
    Lol, bitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    I don't know, I have an irrational fear of them (I'm even paranoid sitting on the toilet incase one can climb up and chomp my ass) so I'm probably not the best person to offer advice but there's no way in hell I'd stay, having it pissing all over my house catching weils disease. Waking up some morning with it dragging its ass over my face, sharing food and water. Theyre fearless too.
    I dunno, maybe it's something you could deal with but ugh **** that

Having breakfast, wrecked. Need sleep

Yeah that was worrying me. The only good thing is that I have a mosquito net so it can't really get to me but I did worry this morning about it pissing on me from the rafters and I sleep on my back with my mouth open....

Am torn, really don't know what to do.

Witchie, how about befriending a local stray cat?

there are loads of them about but they are....
    Winterlong wrote: »
    Are the cats in India lazy or what?

...lazy feckers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie... I'm amazed that's the first rat that you have seen :)

Africa
    No.... I have seen 1 outside at the hotel I was staying in. Biggest mofo I ever saw but this was the first one in my house and it has me freaked out. Am seriously thinking of abandoning Asia. Not sure I can deal with dirt and squalor much longer despite beautiful beaches and sun.

India isn't reflective of ASIA, if you still want to travel and work online, try Boracay Islands in the Philippines.

Post prandial rest after a blissfully domestic hour or two.

The owner was supposed to clean the cottage but never lifted the many mats and rugs and cleaned either them or .. under them....:eek:

So am working my way through them.

found a veritable forest of lemon balm ... had to leave mine behind along with my lavender etc.. sob, sob, sob ! Did manage to bring the small rosemary and young tree lupin grown from seed and not planting them out as no idea if the lease will go beyond the end of the year. Renting sucks sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

No.... I have seen 1 outside at the hotel I was staying in. Biggest mofo I ever saw but this was the first one in my house and it has me freaked out. Am seriously thinking of abandoning Asia. Not sure I can deal with dirt and squalor much longer despite beautiful beaches and sun.

I hate the feckers...I shiver when I see them...even writing this I'm looking around me....but don't leave the feckers stop you from enjoying your trip Witchie. Doesn't matter if it's a one star or a five star hotel, rats don't mind. Just be aware that they are around.

Stay safe.

• Advertisement

Splurged more energy on more floors... so back abed again.. Bliss !

Witchie. there was one night in my first cottage in Ireland when a noise woke me and I switched the light on to find a pine marten on my table eating my fruit! We co-existed for years. Someone online described it as a "cat sized rodent."

Just think squirrel without a bushy tail...

Back to work, so have to slum it again :)
    33577555235_1b958e0473.jpg
    33577555045_ccf1903179.jpg
    33420782732_fb2bf30af1.jpg
    33536984146_557e4063df.jpg
    Cant decide if i shall make an Nespresso or go enjoy the free breakfast and I have to "suffer" here until Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Africa
    smurfjed wrote: »

meh, still doesn't beat the Governor's Residence.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Just hopped back into bed with a cup of tea for five minutes.

Tea <3

Africa
    smurfjed wrote: »
    33577555235_1b958e0473.jpg
    33577555045_ccf1903179.jpg
    33420782732_fb2bf30af1.jpg
    33536984146_557e4063df.jpg
    Cant decide if i shall make an Nespresso or go enjoy the free breakfast and I have to "suffer" here until Friday :)

I officially hate you as I sit in my rat infested living room trying to motivate myself to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I officially hate you as I sit in my rat infested living room trying to motivate myself to work.

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Where are you?

India. Do keep up. :p

Sung abed, listening to my biggest cat purring by my elbow. Think he has found the mohair scarf I knitted that will not sell... Lazy day ahead; bliss..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Britain
    In bed in East Clare, a fine layer of snow out there !! Eating a bowl of porridge and drinking calomille tea, usually puts me back to sleep..
    No work today, one of the FEW benefits of shift work..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Just had a barney with herself...which i seem to have won......

Im going to pay for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Physiotherapy waiting room :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

South America
    I'm in Dublin.

Is anyone in India?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hanoi, Vietnam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Sitting in the car willing myself out of it for my run.

Love running in the rain but that wind :(

And my lovely hair that I've just got done. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

On sofa watching Germany v England, don't mention the war. Man flu has turned into full on cough, sniffling, bit of a headache, with probable early stages of a respiratory tract infection. Not anywhere near sick enough to call in for work in the morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

On the sofa trying to un-brick my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Britain
    On the couch watching googlebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Sitting on a train after handing in a 2 week notice to work

In bed listening to the wind and steeling myself to go out today ie soon. The thought occurs that it will be warmer in the car than in here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NCT centre, loads of fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement