Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Britain
    Becoming great friends with the bathroom, damn this 24hr bug :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Go on inside to then :) I read your other post about being home and having a nice mammy dinner and a bit of tlc. You're lucky to have that.
    It's a damn sight better than sleeping in your car.

My dad is texting me non stop, calling me "mo grà" and "mo chroì" and begging me to come in.

Guilt trip central. I just want to be ALONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Cant you be alone in your room lady?

Britain
    Sitting on the sofa, too tired to get up and go to bed. All I need to do is get off the sofa, have a smoke in the garden while the dog does her business, take my meds, lock up and put the alarm on. It's easier to sit here on the sofa!

Oh yeah, have only 11% battery on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying in bed taking selfies, my hearts racing at a million miles a minute and I feel like I could run a marathon

I have my entire day backwards
    I wake up wrecked and get energy throughout the day
    Maybe I'm solar powered

• Advertisement

Britain
    Laying in bed taking selfies, my hearts racing at a million miles a minute and I feel like I could run a marathon

I have my entire day backwards
    I wake up wrecked and get energy throughout the day
    Maybe I'm solar powered

Hahaha, this is so me most of the time. Can't become properly functional til lunchtime, then gradually get more energetic as the day rolls on and by 11pm am full of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Trying to relax in bed, delighted that I've lost a few pounds, but really terrified as my period is late :o

Britain
    xLisaBx wrote: »
    Trying to relax in bed, delighted that I've lost a few pounds, but really terrified as my period is late :o

Oh jaysus. The worry. Do a test to put your mind at ease.

Oh jaysus. The worry. Do a test to put your mind at ease.

Good idea. I'll do one in the morning. It's highly highly unlikely, but the brain plays the worst case scenarios over and over again!

Here's what you do. Work yourself into a nervous wreck for a week or so. Put on your favourite most expensive underwear, buy a pregnancy test and by the time you've spent 15 euro on a stick to pee on, while wearing your fav pants, your period will start before you even get home. Everytime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My first pregnancy symptom was losing a load of weight ... just sayin!

Britain
    My first pregnancy symptom was losing a load of weight ... just sayin!

Don't frighten the girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

My dad is texting me non stop, calling me "mo grà" and "mo chroì" and begging me to come in.
    ...fųck that.

The worst thing about people doing something intolerable is when they're doing it because they're trying to be nice.

Here's what you do. Work yourself into a nervous wreck for a week or so. Put on your favourite most expensive underwear, buy a pregnancy test and by the time you've spent 15 euro on a stick to pee on, while wearing your fav pants, your period will start before you even get home. Everytime.

You've just given me a great laugh, thank you! I'll put on the Victoria's Secret French boxers in the morning, buy an expensive pregnancy test, wear white jeans, yeah, you're right, it'll come then :D

Don't frighten the girl!

*Faints*

I don't think the world is ready for a tiny LisaB, the drama! Ah I've been on a diet for a few weeks so I think the weight loss is accounted for, although the sore boobs are scary enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Have you been doctor googling xLisaBx?

Time to let the doctor go to bed and be proactive tomorrow.

Britain
    *Faints*

I don't think the world is ready for a tiny LisaB, the drama! Ah I've been on a diet for a few weeks so I think the weight loss is accounted for, although the sore boobs are scary enough!

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you :) I know all to well the panic of a thinking I'm pregnant and the absolute relief when my period came.

Don't over think it. I was feeling a bit ropey in April, by May I'd missed my period by about 4/5 weeks. Couldn't walk past lush I was retching, smell of coffee, retching, couldn't eat, couldn't bear the smell of food cooking. Everything was making me feel unwell. I was nauseous, tired, dizzy. Constantly felt I was going to pass out.

Had my bloods done, admitted to hospital with myxodema and swear to god i never thought I'd be as relieved in my life to have a serious illness

Have you been doctor googling xLisaBx?

Time to let the doctor go to bed and be proactive tomorrow.

I study bits of ObGyn, so I know about conception and early signs and things, times like this I wish I was clueless about it!

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you :) I know all to well the panic of a thinking I'm pregnant and the absolute relief when my period came.

Thank you!
    Yeah it's happened before alright, absolute relief, I've just come off the pill and I heard that can play around with things a little bit at the start too.

• Advertisement

Don't over think it. I was feeling a bit ropey in April, by May I'd missed my period by about 4/5 weeks. Couldn't walk past lush I was retching, smell of coffee, retching, couldn't eat, couldn't bear the smell of food cooking. Everything was making me feel unwell. I was nauseous, tired, dizzy. Constantly felt I was going to pass out.

Had my bloods done, admitted to hospital with myxodema and swear to god i never thought I'd be as relieved in my life to have a serious illness

You really had a lot of symptoms, must have been terrifying.
    Have you an Underactive thyroid with it? I'm Underactive myself and have gone through the swelling of myxo before, ain't nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

*Faints*

I bet all is well. Actually loosing a bit of weight can cause late periods.
    Be grand.
    Hormones scare. :D

You really had a lot of symptoms, must have been terrifying.
    Have you an Underactive thyroid with it? I'm Underactive myself and have gone through the swelling of myxo before, ain't nice!

Yeah lol my tsh was at 347 (it was supposed to be about 1 or 2)
    My doctor thought the lab made a mistake, as she only ever seen it go as high as 50. The doctor in a+e never seen anyone with it either, he was really surprised I was alert! I didn't have swelling but I was very poorly. Voice gone, sight blurry, mixing up my words when I was talking, it was basically like I was drunk. Never heard of myxodema before until then but apparently its from profound hypothyroidism. But hey, at least I wasn't pregnant.

Yeah lol my tsh was at 347 (it was supposed to be about 1 or 2)
    My doctor thought the lab made a mistake, as she only ever seen it go as high as 50. The doctor in a+e never seen anyone with it either, he was really surprised I was alert! I didn't have swelling but I was very poorly. Voice gone, sight blurry, mixing up my words when I was talking, it was basically like I was drunk. Never heard of myxodema before until then but apparently its from profound hypothyroidism. But hey, at least I wasn't pregnant.

It's so true though, anything over a pregnancy at the wrong time!

I know it would be grand if I had a baby in 9 months, I'd just manage to graduate on time and stuff. It's terrifying though to have an unplanned pregnancy with hypothyroidism, that's why I'm concerned, I'm sure you were thinking the same too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

It's so true though, anything over a pregnancy at the wrong time!

I know it would be grand if I had a baby in 9 months, I'd just manage to graduate on time and stuff. It's terrifying though to have an unplanned pregnancy with hypothyroidism, that's why I'm concerned, I'm sure you were thinking the same too!

What's meant for you won't pass you LisaB.

Try get a test tomorrow put your poor mind at ease. Ya can take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Waiting in terminal 2 to head off on the honeymoon. Life is tough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ocditsme

Working. Night shift nearly over...
    Can't wait for me bed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Britain
    In bed, alarm about to go off in 2 minutes. Could do with another 6 hours sleep.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Britain
    Another hour or so left at work, this part always draaaaaaaaaags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

About to go to bed. Dreading going into the office in the morning. It means dealing with lady that invades my 'personal space' to talk about herself and how she feels or telling lame inoffensive jokes and of course just the general passive aggressiveness that I have to deal with from work colleagues on a daily basis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement