Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE are you right now? (No Hats)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Britain
    In bed can't sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Economy class in a packed B777. . Hoping that they take pity on me and move me to one of these seats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Africa
    foxy06 wrote: »
    In epcot orlando waiting on the fireworks

Don't talk to me about bleedin fireworks. I live in the little India area of Kuala Lumpur and as it is Dwaili/Deepavali ....the festival of lights....my nights have been filled with fireworks for almost a week now. The other night it didn't stop til after 5am and it was getting bright. Beautiful to look at but noisy when you are trying to sleep.

Took a wander down through the area last night around midnight until 1.30ish and it's crazy. Evey few seconds big boxes of fire crackers are set off in the middle of the road or footpath. The noise is unreal. Had people laughing at me everytime I jumped.

Today is the actual day so apparently tonight should be quieter. Am glad coz really felt like was in a war zone.

Just about to leave my apartment and goo look at the markets in the light of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Britain
    Traffic Mullingar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Costa... buying coffee I never drink :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Freezing cold sitting on the sofa. Watching a documentary about the Battle of Chosin Reservoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Witchie wrote:
    Don't talk to me about bleedin fireworks. I live in the little India area of Kuala Lumpur and as it is Dwaili/Deepavali ....the festival of lights....my nights have been filled with fireworks for almost a week now. The other night it didn't stop til after 5am and it was getting bright. Beautiful to look at but noisy when you are trying to sleep.

Wow, that's class!

I'm cotside, I should have half a cake and half a candle cos the boy is a whole half year old.. that just flew, he's trialling off oxygen, managed 20 hours yesterday, this means when he gets his breaks from the feeding pump (2 x 2 hours daily) I can bring him for a walk up the corridor! :D

Slow but sure.

My home for the next 4-5 nights....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭gifted

smurfjed wrote: »
    My home for the next 4-5 nights....

I'd be straight onto the union rep..wouldn't put me dog into it....

Bastard...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to Brendan Grace on CD

• Advertisement

Britain
    Desk 02-54, Second Floor, Georges Dock, Dublin 2. Hopefully in a couple of hours I will be in Heuston Station drinking a pint while waiting on a train.

Africa
    branie2 wrote: »
    Listening to Brendan Grace on CD

Why would you be so mean to yourself? :eek:

Moving between the sofa and the stove as I cook a veg and black bean chili and rice.

Fireworks are even more mental than last night. The 2 temples in front of my building are just at it non stop for the past 2 hours. Also can see more further over in Brickfields. It's absolutely crazy. I thought last night was the last of it.

Happy Diwali/Deepavali everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Carribean
    Desk 02-54, Second Floor, Georges Dock, Dublin 2. Hopefully in a couple of hours I will be in Heuston Station drinking a pint while waiting on a train.

We found him boss, we found The Jackal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Britain
    In my office, out in Portrane, looking at the filthy windows after the storm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,182 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

In my office, turning a sows ear of a training course into a silk purse

Africa
    Hitting the leaba early tonight coz have a busy day tomorrow. Am going to meet the production crew of a pantomime as have volunteered to help out backstage. Had been looking for an English speaking theatre group for ages and one popped up on my Facebook timeline the other day. They are doing a production based on the Wizard of Oz in November and I can't wait to be involved, even if am only making cups of coffee. I love being on stage, behind stage, in front of stage....

Also potential to make some new friends.

Am trés excited. I hope I sleep!

Outside. Avoiding coworkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Britain
    Did the walk all the way to the coffee shop for a whole hour! buggy, baby, oxygen tank on wheels (just in case) 7, 6, 2 year old and the 2 grown ups. The stress!
    He was so excited his heart rate kept hitting 180 but he calmed his nappy after a few minutes and fell asleep.
    At home now, feet up all in their beds except me.

Bed....there's only so many arseholes I can take **** from in one day and I've reached my quota for the week.......

Entertain me folks....lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Few arseholes around here as well gifted.

Bed my self after a long long day. Out from just after 7.30am till about 45 minutes ago. Although the last couple of hours were quite sociable, and a chance to chill out after the first 12 hours.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Britain
    Heeeeyyyyy power is back as of 20:00hrs
    Cleared out the fridge freezer it didint make it I'm afraid, however the chest freezer in the shed survived the 3 days no bother..... It's Sooooo good to have power back, internet availability nearly surpassed normal leccy, I can do without the everyday electrical stuff, but take away my wifi God damn you opheila!!!!
    But I had bacardi gin and vodka so it never really happened

Reclined on the sofa. I overdid it on the pizza this evening. I think my eyes were bigger than ma belly this time.

4.45 am.....sitting at kitchen table...arseholes after upsetting my sleep...gggrrrrt

I love breakfasts in hotels, lots of salmon and kippers washed down by Nespresso.
    My great plan of spending 4 nights in this hotel was destroyed, I will end up sleeping in my own bed tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rest of Europe
    Couch at home eating breakfast while the little fella watches Teletubbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Having my morning beer with breakfast. Back to city living later after two days waking up so the sound of the sea. Supposed to be off to Madrid tomorrow but my friends father in laws health has deteriorated so everything last minute booked to go to Granada instead for a couple of days thanks to the interwebs.

On couch.....form hasn't been good since yesterday......roll on the weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Ros na Rún

• Advertisement

Britain
    Parkwest & Cherry Orchard..... on the train from Heuston.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement