Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking failed message on Asus motherboard

Options
  • 10-05-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Approximately 10% of the time I get the following message on boot: "Overclocking failed Please press F1 to enter Setup". It's an Asus M5A97 R2.0 and an AMD FX6300.

At that point, entering the BIOS and hitting Exit and Discard changes boots the system normally.

The system is not overclocked, in fact in the BIOS settings it's on power saver/quiet profile. I don't want nor need it overclocked (in fact, quiet is my highest priority).

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you have the eco saver mode enabled its possible its reducing vCore too far and preventing post. Cycling through the bios causes a second attempt and things are then just stable.

Put it on Auto/normal across the board and see what happens.

Advertisement