If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv upgrade between lg or hisense

Options
  • 10-05-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi

I am looking at either the LG 43UF770V or the hisense 50m3300!!
    Which would you recommend please?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

hi

thanks
    Hi Schmegeggin, thanks for the post

The Hisense 50m3300 at the money is a cracking TV for the money, picture quality is very good on it.
    The LG 43UF770 would be a considerably better TV picture wise, the LG range are definitely highly rated

If size wasn't as important, I'd say definitely the 43UF770 would be the better set overall.

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 29 schmegeggin

hi

thanks

The Hisense 50m3300 at the money is a cracking TV for the money, picture quality is very good on it.
    The LG 43UF770 would be a considerably better TV picture wise, the LG range are definitely highly rated

If size wasn't as important, I'd say definitely the 43UF770 would be the better set overall.

Cheers
    Brian
    thanks Brian for the feedback, just spotted the LG 49UF690V for the same price, apart from size which is the better tv?
    thanks

hi

thanks

Cheers
    Brian
    thanks Brian for the feedback, just spotted the LG 49UF690V for the same price, apart from size which is the better tv?
    thanks
    Hi Schmegeggin,

The 49" is a great TV for the size and money, but the 43" is the better overall picture quality

The 43" has a better processor, and also a higher refresh rate, which is particularly good for watching sport/action movies/gaming

Cheers
    Brian

hi

thanks

Cheers
    Brian
    thanks
    Hi Schmegeggin,

The 49" is a great TV for the size and money, but the 43" is the better overall picture quality

The 43" has a better processor, and also a higher refresh rate, which is particularly good for watching sport/action movies/gaming

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian, thanks again for the response, I am looking to get the LG 43UF770V shipped to Ireland, is that the best price you can do for me? I'd love to get the 49 inch version but it's just out of my price range!!!
    thanks

also meant to ask does this come with the magic remote?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi

thanks

Cheers
    Brian
    thanks
    Hi Schmegeggin,

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian, thanks again for the response, I am looking to get the LG 43UF770V shipped to Ireland, is that the best price you can do for me? I'd love to get the 49 inch version but it's just out of my price range!!!
    thanks
    Schmeg,

Thanks for the posts - that LG 43UF770 is really excellent value - its €599 and that price includes delivery anywhere in Ireland AND of course our 6 year warranty.

I'm pretty sure it includes a Magic Remote, but I've asked the guys to physically check the box to be 110%.

You can check it out here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201314-43uf770v.aspx

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Brian

thanks for getting back to me, just one final question,  you have a samsung ue48ju6400 that looks great, is it better than the lg 43uf770v?

if so, could you match the john lewis price of £489.95?

sorry I cant post direct links as boards says I am a new user!!!

thanks again

Hi Brian

thanks for getting back to me, just one final question,  you have a samsung ue48ju6400 that looks great, is it better than the lg 43uf770v?

thanks again
    HI Schmegeggin,

It's a tough call between these 2, it depends what's most important for you. The Samsung is probably as good a picture, and has a better smart system/menu, and is a 48", but the LG still has a higher refresh rate (if you watch a lot of sport/action films with long panning shots, that's where you'd notice this most)

On the price match, their price wouldn't include delivery to Ireland. If you wanted to pay in sterling, I can match the price at £489 but there would be a delivery charge of £6.99 so will do it at £495 delivered and including our 6 year guarantee

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian

thanks again
    HI Schmegeggin,

It's a tough call between these 2, it depends what's most important for you. The Samsung is probably as good a picture, and has a better smart system/menu, and is a 48", but the LG still has a higher refresh rate (if you watch a lot of sport/action films with long panning shots, that's where you'd notice this most)

On the price match, their price wouldn't include delivery to Ireland. If you wanted to pay in sterling, I can match the price at £489 but there would be a delivery charge of £6.99 so will do it at £495 delivered and including our 6 year guarantee

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian

thanks for getting back so quickly, when I have the time I watch sports and movies, is it really that noticeable on the samsung?
    LG has 1400PMI and samsung has 900PQI, do these convert to HZ for direct comparison?

Thanks again

Hi Brian

thanks again
    HI Schmegeggin,

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian

thanks for getting back so quickly, when I have the time I watch sports and movies, is it really that noticeable on the samsung?
    LG has 1400PMI and samsung has 900PQI, do these convert to HZ for direct comparison?

Thanks again
    Hi Schmegeggin

There isn't a direct conversion to Hz for these, each manufacturer uses their own tech terms 

• PQI (Samsung) – ranges from 100-2400
    • PMI (LG) – ranges from 1000-2300
    • Hz (LG and Sony) – ranges from 100-1300
    [*]

The values correspond to the position in the range from that manufacturer, so The LG at 1400 PMI is low to medium in the range, the Samsung at 900PQI is low in the range

Confusing I know :)

Brian

• Advertisement

2 quick queries, does the samsung have hdcp2.2 compliant hdmi connectors?
    And amazon are selling the 49" version of the lg for £529, any chance of a match in price?
    thanks again.

And amazon are selling the 49" version of the lg for £529, any chance of a match in price?
    thanks again.
    Hi Schmeggegin, Unfortunately on this one I wouldn't be able to price match.

From that link it's showing on Amazon at £549, which would only be for the standard warranty of 1 year, plus £7.50 for delivery to Ireland

Our pricing at £579 plus £6.99 delivery would be for a 6 year warranty.

Cheers
    Brian

thanks again.

From that link it's showing on Amazon at £549, which would only be for the standard warranty of 1 year, plus £7.50 for delivery to Ireland

Cheers
    Brian
    ok thanks, when I posted the link it was at 529 but not anymore!!!!
    Also with regards to the samsung ue48ju6400 tv is it hdcp 2.2 compliant?

thanks again.

Cheers
    Brian
    ok thanks, when I posted the link it was at 529 but not anymore!!!!
    Also with regards to the samsung ue48ju6400 tv is it hdcp 2.2 compliant?
    Ah right ok, even at the £529 I wouldn't have been able to do a price match either because of the warranty. Amazon charge £105 ish for a 5 year warranty

On the 48JU6400 yes the Hdmi are HDCP 2.2 compliant 

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.