Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create white polka dots on coloured paper using Photoshop

Options
  • 10-05-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have just learnt how to create a polka dot pattern using Photoshop. However, I have blue paper and I want to create WHITE polka dots on it. I have tried inserting the pattern on to a transparent and white background and nothing prints. I also tried background colour and it printed black with blue polka dots(same blue as the paper) Is there a step I am missing or is it not possible?

Don't know if this makes a difference but the original pattern was pink polka dots. I used the "create a new filler adjustment layer" and "create clipping mask" to change the pink to white.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

You have to have white pigmented ink/toner to print white on colored paper. Additionally you have to tell your printer that "white" does not mean "no print". You have to actually assign a printable color to the white ink. In Photoshop it will look like a color. (At least that's how we had to do it when I worked for a print shop. We usually preferred to use the actual offset printer.)

Advertisement