Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Care

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

dirtyden wrote: »
    Hi dirtyden, 

Your feedback about no contact details was passed on, thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

So what was the response?
    Hi dirtyden,

We are completing a review of the automated response sent to customer in case of credit card limit change. We will look to add a contact number further to your feedback. On our new online service for credit cards, Card Care, you can request a credit limit change and the auto response contains a contact number. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

techdiver wrote: »
    Also, your password doesn't allow special characters. Really??
    Any word from the reps on whether this has been updated since techdiver's post?

Disallowing special characters in an online banking password field is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

Disallowing special characters in an online banking password field is unacceptable.

Haven't heard anything since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

techdiver wrote: »

Haven't heard anything since.
    Good Morning, 

I have followed up with our support team on this matter, and we can confirm some special characters can be used. Obviously, for security reasons we’d be unable to go into any further detail on this. If a special character that is not accepted is used you will receive an error message. Thanks again for your feedback, it has been passed on.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

Hi there, it looks like login is possible only from an Irish IP address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

lo0kash wrote: »
    Hi lo0kash, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you let us know what sort of error message you are receiving when you try to log in?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi lo0kash, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you let us know what sort of error message you are receiving when you try to log in?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

"Web site exception encountered. Please check the URL and try again."

Same url works from an Irish IP address no problem.

Thanks,
    Lucas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi lo0kash, 

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks,
    Lucas
    Hi Lucas, 

Can we check with you that you are using link here?

If you are still experiencing difficulties with link above can you please let us know  here.  

Thanks,

Tara C

Hi lo0kash, 

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks,
    Lucas
    Hi Lucas, 

If you are still experiencing difficulties with link above can you please let us know  here.  

Thanks,

Tara C
    Yes got same message using link you provided.

Thanks,
    Lucas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi lo0kash, 

Thanks for your post. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks,
    Lucas
    Hi Lucas, 

Thanks,

Tara C
    Yes got same message using link you provided.

Thanks,
    Lucas
    Hi Lucas

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties accessing Card Care. This service is available to customers worldwide, we've not received any other similar reports. Perhaps try accessing from a different device/ browser or maybe check with your internet provider.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Hi,

Can you please let me know how I can get a contactless visa card fory BOI current account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

sdhway wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you please let me know how I can get a contactless visa card fory BOI current account?
    Hi sdhway, thanks for getting in touch.
    If you're registered for 365 Online, you can send us a request for a contactless card using the 'Ask a Question' option on the Online Service Desk. Alternatively, please call 0818 365 365 and one of our advisers will be happy to help.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hi there, 

is it possible for you guys to fix the card care website. it is still not letting me pay online due BOI refusing to accept my card (KBC current account). I then have to call up, be offered a text for cardcare followed by a 10-15 wait directing me to cardcare telling me how quick easy and efficient it is. 

I then get onto your agent who advise a payment with that card cant be made, i then argue about how i have done it countless times, be put on hold wait for person to come back and say they can take a payment, request a number that i can call to get rid of all this pointless IVR rubbish be told i cant.

Surely you have a fix or a valid reason you wont just put a basic payment option on the website.

thanks 

recyclops wrote: »
    Hi there, 

is it possible for you guys to fix the card care website. it is still not letting me pay online due BOI refusing to accept my card (KBC current account). I then have to call up, be offered a text for cardcare followed by a 10-15 wait directing me to cardcare telling me how quick easy and efficient it is. 

I then get onto your agent who advise a payment with that card cant be made, i then argue about how i have done it countless times, be put on hold wait for person to come back and say they can take a payment, request a number that i can call to get rid of all this pointless IVR rubbish be told i cant.

Surely you have a fix or a valid reason you wont just put a basic payment option on the website.

thanks 
    Hi recyclops, 

We're just double checking this for you and we will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jjdevels

Hi,I was apply for a loan 5k tree days ago ,but still waiting an answer, how long need to waiting for that? ??Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

recyclops wrote: »
    Hi there, 

thanks 
    Hi recyclops,

We'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your full name and contact number and we'll arrange a call?

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sod77

Hi, everytime I try fill in the overseas travel the message "your request cannot be completed in its current form, please contact customer services" comes up. Can you help me?

Sod77 wrote: »
    Hi, everytime I try fill in the overseas travel the message "your request cannot be completed in its current form, please contact customer services" comes up. Can you help me?
    Hi Sod77,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Can you please make sure that you are entering the international dialling code of your contact number when giving the travel notice? If you continue to have trouble with this, please contact our Credit Card team on 1890251251 and they will be happy to help you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davidmaguire23

I received a debit card in the post but the pin I got with it doesn't work , this is my first time getting one , what do I do ? I need to get money out for my holidays next week . HELP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I received a debit card in the post but the pin I got with it doesn't work , this is my first time getting one , what do I do ? I need to get money out for my holidays next week . HELP
    Hi Davidmaguire23, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

If the pin you received is a four digit pin then this should work for your card but you'll need to use it at an ATM for the first time. If the pin is 6 digits long then this would be your 365 pin which is used for phone and internet banking.

Have you tried to use the card at an ATM first?

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

12 minustes on hold for Card Care seems excessive, I couldn't stay on hold any longer. 

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

I've locked out my cardcare account, made a mistake during password reset wizard. 

How do I get it unlocked?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SemperFidelis,

Thanks for your post.

You'll need to contact the credit card team on 0818251251 to have this unlocked.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Made a request on card care last Thursday and received confirmation email stating that I would have decision in three working days. I have received no further correspondence any idea why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Made a request on card care last Thursday and received confirmation email stating that I would have decision in three working days. I have received no further correspondence any idea why?

Hi corner back 2,

Thanks getting in touch with us here.

Our lending team would aim to process all of these requests within three working days but this time frame may change if there is a large amount of applications made around the same time that your application was made.

Please be assured that our lending team will contact you as soon as your application has been fully processed. I'd also ask you to check your Spam and Junk folders in your email as sometimes our emails can go into these sections automatically.

Thanks again for the message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 WhyWasThatFor

Hi,

I rang your 1890 call centre on Jan 16th (at a cost of over €5) to request that my credit card account be changed to a different BOI current account (as I was closing the existing current account). I was informed that this would be done but that it may not kick in until the following month and that I should manually topup/pay for January. I've just checked my CC statement for March and the CC card has not been associated with the new account and there are interest charges for an overdue payment.

Could someone please contact me to discuss (and please don't suggest recalling your 1890 number).

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi,

I rang your 1890 call centre on Jan 16th (at a cost of over €5) to request that my credit card account be changed to a different BOI current account (as I was closing the existing current account). I was informed that this would be done but that it may not kick in until the following month and that I should manually topup/pay for January. I've just checked my CC statement for March and the CC card has not been associated with the new account and there are interest charges for an overdue payment.

Could someone please contact me to discuss (and please don't suggest recalling your 1890 number).

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

thanks for reaching out here on Boards.

We'd advise that if you have your Credit Card available to view on 365 online, that you send a message through the 'Ask a Question', section of the service desk, when logged in through a browser or PC.

Alternatively, if you need to call, and have access to a landline, please call 056 775 7747 and an advisor will be happy help you.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

and 5 years later you got rid of it 

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Customer's with credit card only accounts will be able to register for Banking 365 online. To register your credit card account we would recommend that you call our customer service team directly on 0818444365 and our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement