Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Care

Options
  • 10-05-2016 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, 

Based on our customer's feedback, we are delighted to announce that we have launched a fantastic new online facility for personal Credit Card holders called Card Care. This service provides a wide range of existing and additional service options like: 
    • View real time Balance & Transactions including Pending Transactions
    • Update your Contact Details (Address, home/work phone and email address)
    • Request a Replacement Card
    • Notify us if you are travelling abroad
    • View your pin number online
    • View & Download statements and export details
    • Pay your credit card with your visa debit card

This service is available to all Bank of Ireland principle credit card holders, with no requirement to hold a Bank of Ireland current account. 

To register for this service just click this link. When registering please ensure that your personal details and the name on your card (including the title if on the card) match exactly what is on file for you with Credit Card Services. 

If you need assistance with Card Care or would like to read more about this service, please see our helpful FAQ's section on our website. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 leem8

Any plans to introduce this as an app? That would be really helpful!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A nice feature well overdue. I always thought it strange that you could not add a credit card to 365 without adding a bank account.
    I received an email about this Card Care today but I ignored it as it looked a bit suspicious as it directed to a different domain. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

As above; I received an email about this and went to the website to try find it there. I eventually found it through the links on the bottom right under "Our products". You have to understand that anyone with any online savy will not click a link in an email asking them to input their credit card details anywhere. The email should provide steps on how to access this feature from your main website and it should be more prominent on your website.

I went to register my card and you want me to create a password that is 8-20 characters long. You have a max length on the password field and are stating what it is on the website. Do you know how inept that makes your IT team seem?

You also want me to enter my name, create a username and an account name. Why do I need so many names? Why can't I make my email my username (again max 20 characters)?

And the obvious question: Why on earth can't I just do this through my banking 365 which is already linked to my credit card?

I have given up on the process because I honestly think it would be unsafe to proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

leem8 wrote: »
    Any plans to introduce this as an app? That would be really helpful!
    Hi leem8 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Sorry, no plans in place to introduce as an app although we'll certainly pass on your interest to our Card Services Team. 

Many Thanks
    Alison 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

KoolKid wrote: »
    A nice feature well overdue. I always thought it strange that you could not add a credit card to 365 without adding a bank account.
    I received an email about this Card Care today but I ignored it as it looked a bit suspicious as it directed to a different domain. 
    Hi KoolKid,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

We’re happy to hear our new Card Care.

A link to card care can be found here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Seifer wrote: »
    As above; I received an email about this and went to the website to try find it there. I eventually found it through the links on the bottom right under "Our products". You have to understand that anyone with any online savy will not click a link in an email asking them to input their credit card details anywhere. The email should provide steps on how to access this feature from your main website and it should be more prominent on your website.

I went to register my card and you want me to create a password that is 8-20 characters long. You have a max length on the password field and are stating what it is on the website. Do you know how inept that makes your IT team seem?

You also want me to enter my name, create a username and an account name. Why do I need so many names? Why can't I make my email my username (again max 20 characters)?

And the obvious question: Why on earth can't I just do this through my banking 365 which is already linked to my credit card?

I have given up on the process because I honestly think it would be unsafe to proceed.
    Hi Seifer

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

As always, we do appreciate all feedback given here. Your suggestions and concerns regarding our new site will be passed directly to our Card Services Team.

And we'll pass on your ideas to our BOI365 Online Development Team regarding existing options on our BOI365 site. 

We do hope you will reconsider as we feel, once registered, this new site has many benefits to our Card customers.

Many Thanks for taking the time to post, 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Great idea - having trouble registering.

My details "cannot be verified"

On the phone now but waiting 10+ minutes...........:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Great idea - having trouble registering.

My details "cannot be verified"

On the phone now but waiting 10+ minutes...........:mad:
    Hi James, 

Thanks for your post. 

I see from your other recent post on Boards to us that you mention you are not the primary card holder on the Credit Card account. Please note that only the Primary card holder can register for Card Care. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi I signed up for this and applied to do something I had been meaning to do for a while, namely change my card limit. It is currently quite low and for ease of use and so that I could purchase medium priced items I decided a small increase in limit would be useful.

I go an automated reply saying my request for an increase was not granted. My credit rating is pristine. I have never left my credit account unpaid at the end of the month, I overpay on my mortgage. Why would I not be allowed a minor increase in credit limit? My current account is with bank of ireland and it obvious that I can manage what I was looking for.

The automated email reply gave no reason but suggested I contact customer services but did not indicate any means of contacting them.

For a bank that is forcing customers away from the branches your remote customer service is always a let down.

dirtyden wrote: »
    Hi I signed up for this and applied to do something I had been meaning to do for a while, namely change my card limit. It is currently quite low and for ease of use and so that I could purchase medium priced items I decided a small increase in limit would be useful.

I go an automated reply saying my request for an increase was not granted. My credit rating is pristine. I have never left my credit account unpaid at the end of the month, I overpay on my mortgage. Why would I not be allowed a minor increase in credit limit? My current account is with bank of ireland and it obvious that I can manage what I was looking for.

The automated email reply gave no reason but suggested I contact customer services but did not indicate any means of contacting them.

For a bank that is forcing customers away from the branches your remote customer service is always a let down.
    Hi,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. To discuss an increase of your Card limit please call our Credit card services team on 0818251251 & a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C

• Advertisement

Hi,

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. To discuss an increase of your Card limit please call our Credit card services team on 0818251251 & a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C
    That does not answer my question. Why would I get an automated email reply with absolutely no information on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C
    That does not answer my question. Why would I get an automated email reply with absolutely no information on it?
    Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I have passed on your feedback in relation to the automated email not including contact information, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

If you contact one of my colleagues in the Credit Card team on 0818251251 they will be happy to help you.  Reps are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

This was my first thought exactly - what sense could it possibly make to have this as a separate service to an existing 365 service? As if we don't have enough login details for things to keep track of already. I also echo the concerns about having a clickable link in an email - this is exactly the kind of thing banks should be warning their customers against, not actively encouraging.

To discuss an increase of your Card limit please call our Credit card services team on 0818251251 & a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

If you want people to call to adjust a card limit then WTH is the point of specifically advertising this as a feature of the new service in the first place??

Serious lack of common sense in BOI, it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

This was my first thought exactly - what sense could it possibly make to have this as a separate service to an existing 365 service? As if we don't have enough login details for things to keep track of already. I also echo the concerns about having a clickable link in an email - this is exactly the kind of thing banks should be warning their customers against, not actively encouraging.

To discuss an increase of your Card limit please call our Credit card services team on 0818251251 & a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

If you want people to call to adjust a card limit then WTH is the point of specifically advertising this as a feature of the new service in the first place??

Serious lack of common sense in BOI, it would seem.
    Hi moc moc a moc,

We certainly appreciate all feedback from our customers and we will ensure your comments are forwarded to the relevant department.

Have a good day and if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks
    Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Hey,

I've tried to register for card care, however I keep getting your details cannot be verified. I've tried calling but was on hold for over 20 mins so hung up.
    Are you guys able to help?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

crazyderk wrote: »
    Hey,

I've tried to register for card care, however I keep getting your details cannot be verified. I've tried calling but was on hold for over 20 mins so hung up.
    Are you guys able to help?

Thanks
    Good Afternoon, 
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear that you were waiting so long to get through, if you need to be verified then this would be necessary to speak to a rep with account access. I apologise this has been an inconvenience to you, our reps are available until 8pm, if this suited you more. 
    Thanks, 
    Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Also just came here to see if this is legit. Agree that the email looked dodgy too, gmail actually adds this message as a warning at the top of the email: "[font=arial, sans-serif]Be careful with this message.[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] Similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information. Unless you trust the sender, don't click on links or reply with personal information.  [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Learn more[/font]"

It's a good service (if it works), I agree that it should have been incorporated into Banking 365.

One major grievance that you could pass onto your IT team though- When validating user data, you will get "not valid" if you include an apostrophe. For an Irish company in particular this is a rookie mistake. So Name O'Surname won't work, but Name O Surname will. 

Also just came here to see if this is legit. Agree that the email looked dodgy too, gmail actually adds this message as a warning at the top of the email: "[font=arial, sans-serif]Be careful with this message.[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] Similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information. Unless you trust the sender, don't click on links or reply with personal information.  [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Learn more[/font]"

It's a good service (if it works), I agree that it should have been incorporated into Banking 365.

One major grievance that you could pass onto your IT team though- When validating user data, you will get "not valid" if you include an apostrophe. For an Irish company in particular this is a rookie mistake. So Name O'Surname won't work, but Name O Surname will. 
    Good Morning mahamaggehad,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, we will certainly pass this on feedback to our IT. We are always open to feedback either way and thanks for taking the time share this. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

I tried registering and I am also getting - "Your details cannot be validated. Please try again."

I am the primary card holder and my details are correct.

EDIT: IT seems you have to include the "Mr" before your name.

Also, your password doesn't allow special characters. Really??

techdiver wrote: »
    I tried registering and I am also getting - "Your details cannot be validated. Please try again."

I am the primary card holder and my details are correct.

EDIT: IT seems you have to include the "Mr" before your name.

Also, your password doesn't allow special characters. Really??
    Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. We're glad to hear that you were able to get registered to enjoy our new website Card Care. Apologies if there was any confusion, and we will be passing on any feedback.

Thanks,
    Evie  

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I received an email about this. What I chiefly noticed was the line:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The above services are now available online using Card Care. As of 30th June 2016, these services will no longer be available over the phone."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I take it this is really a removal of a service previously available, which doesn't bother me that much as I don't habitually phone about my card. Admittedly, this reduction in service is mildly annoying coming as it does on the heels of the decision to replace all Visa credit cards with Mastercards, without any choice of the customer.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, I do have two questions:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. I notice that replacement cards can no longer be ordered by phone. Does this mean that lost or stolen cards can no longer be reported by phone? I'd have thought that loss of a card should be reported as soon as it is noticed, and by phone to have the instant assurance that BOI know the missing card needs to be cancelled.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Why do I need to register if I already use banking365? Or are all of these services already available within banking365, and is the request for me to register a mistake? (Just to be clear, I do use banking365 to check balances and that sort of thing).[/font]

Balf wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I received an email about this. What I chiefly noticed was the line:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The above services are now available online using Card Care. As of 30th June 2016, these services will no longer be available over the phone."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I take it this is really a removal of a service previously available, which doesn't bother me that much as I don't habitually phone about my card. Admittedly, this reduction in service is mildly annoying coming as it does on the heels of the decision to replace all Visa credit cards with Mastercards, without any choice of the customer.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, I do have two questions:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. I notice that replacement cards can no longer be ordered by phone. Does this mean that lost or stolen cards can no longer be reported by phone? I'd have thought that loss of a card should be reported as soon as it is noticed, and by phone to have the instant assurance that BOI know the missing card needs to be cancelled.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Why do I need to register if I already use banking365? Or are all of these services already available within banking365, and is the request for me to register a mistake? (Just to be clear, I do use banking365 to check balances and that sort of thing).[/font]
    Good Afternoon Balf, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, while our services are changing please be assured that these are to promote a quick and easy experience for our customers. The majority of services are available online to the customer so they can manage their accounts 24/7 at their own convenience. 

To answer your first query, no; we will continue our 24/7 lost and stolen line for our customers on 1890706706/003535677570007 to help those more vulnerable customers who have lost or had their card stolen. This service will not be withdraw for these customers as you have mentioned they will need that instant reassurance and we will of course continue to provide it.
    With Card Card you have all the functions available on 365, but with the added benefits of being able to see your balance, view real time transactions, request a limit online, among the existing features of 365. Card Care will be of particular benefit of those customers who do not have a current account ( and therefore do not have 365 Online banking) these customers previously did not have online account access but now will be able to utilise all the features of 365 Online plus the additional features mentioned previously on their Card Care account.

In your case you do not have to use to use the service if you are happy to just use the 365 Online service however, with Card Care you will see your balances and transactions update immediately. The current credit card service on 365 Online service will not change.

I hope this answers your queries, but if you have any follow up or new queries please let me know or click on the link below my name to send me a PM if you prefer.

Thanks for getting in touch today,

Evie 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

Hi Evie

Thanks for the reply. I've just a few minor details to clarify.

- I'm not clear on what you mean by the phone service to report lost and stolen cards being aimed at 'vulnerable' customers. I just quickly checked the basic terms and conditions for personal accounts on the BoI website, and they clearly state (as I would expect) that all customers are requested to report a missing card immediately to the bank by phone, with a requirement to confirm in writing if required. I take it this hasn't changed, and is obviously in the interest of both bank and customers.

- Why is the issue of a replacement card being separated from the reporting of a lost card? Or is the requirement to order replacement cards online just for cards that are damaged, but not lost?

- I'm sure you'll appreciate that so much stuff is being done online that we end up with online accounts for phone, energy and whatnot. Why, if I already have a set of authentication details for banking365, do I need to create a further set to access this credit card service? You'll appreciate, from the customer point of view, you are just my bank. I wouldn't expect to need two different passwords and log on to two different sites to access my accounts.

Balf wrote: »
    Hi Evie

Thanks for the reply. I've just a few minor details to clarify.

-  I'm not clear on what you mean by the phone service to report lost and stolen cards being aimed at 'vulnerable' customers. I just quickly checked the basic terms and conditions for personal accounts on the BoI website, and they clearly state (as I would expect) that all customers are requested to report a missing card immediately to the bank by phone, with a requirement to confirm in writing if required. I take it this hasn't changed, and is obviously in the interest of both bank and customers.

- Why is the issue of a replacement card being separated from the reporting of a lost card? Or is the requirement to order replacement cards online just for cards that are damaged, but not lost?

- I'm sure you'll appreciate that so much stuff is being done online that we end up with online accounts for phone, energy and whatnot. Why, if I already have a set of authentication details for banking365, do I need to create a further set to access this credit card service? You'll appreciate, from the customer point of view, you are just my bank. I wouldn't expect to need two different passwords and log on to two different sites to access my accounts.

Hi Balf,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

In answer to your queries, of course if your card is lost or stolen all customers can call our 24/7  Lost/Stolen Department on 1890 706 706 or from outside of Ireland on +353 567 757 007 and a representative will be happy cancel your card.

If you do not wish to register for Card Care you can continue to view your card on your Banking 365 Online. However as mentioned there are some added benefits in registering for Card care. See here for information.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C
    Good Morning,

I have passed on your feedback in relation to the automated email not including contact information, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

If you contact one of my colleagues in the Credit Card team on 0818251251 they will be happy to help you.  Reps are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day

Helen
    Hi, any feedback from your IT team then?

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Tara C
    Good Morning,

Have a good day

Helen
    Hi, any feedback from your IT team then?
    Hi dirtyden, 

Your feedback about no contact details was passed on, thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glorob

I have just hung up the phone after ringing 1890 251251 and being left on hold for 46 minutes.

Glorob wrote: »
    I have just hung up the phone after ringing 1890 251251 and being left on hold for 46 minutes.
    Good Afternoon Glorob, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you were waiting so long. If there is anything we can help with here please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Hi dirtyden, 

Your feedback about no contact details was passed on, thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

So what was the response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 merry08

Hi...I am trying to register for card care however there are two names showing both of them are me and my date of birth when I choose one it brings me back to the register page to input my details...I can't proceed any further, was on the phone for half an hour and just gave up...please help

Advertisement