Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trails in Devil's Glen, Wicklow

Options
  • 10-05-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I posted this over on the Wicklow forum, but thought it would be a good idea to post it here too, hope that's alright.

Just wondering anyone is very familiar with the Devil's Glen trails. I found this map from Coillte that shows some trails starting close to Nun's Cross that skirt around a smallish pond.

Been having a look on Google Maps, but can't spot any of these trail entrances, except perhaps this one little gate marked 'private'.

Does anyone know if it is possible to enter the Glen this way? Or will I just have to go round on the regular route to the car park.

I ask because I want to head down there for a hike but don't have a car. I know I can get the 133 bus to Ashford, and it would be handy if there was a trail into the glen a bit closer than the route you'd take by car.

My other option would be to get a taxi to take me to the Glen from Ashford, and back again afterwards, so if anyone has details of local taxi drivers I'd really appreciate it. I did find one number for Ashford Cabs so might give them a try later.

Comments

Advertisement