Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Kodi

Options
  • 10-05-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I got a raspberry pi 2, that I installed OpenELEC on. It installs and configures, various addons work and update etc.

The problem I have is that I can't get video addons working. Youtube gives me an exception when I try to open any of its options.

I enabled logging and found that when it was trying to pull stream data it was giving this error: ccurlfile:: open failed with code 0

I googled this and found it can be network related, people have had the same issue across various Kodi versions. Some people found that their ISPs firewall/Safe guards can cause it, so they've disabled them. Others found editing their DNS servers helped.

I've tried changing to googles DNS servers, that didn't work. I've looked at the router advanced settings, but don't see anything in regards to "SafeGuards" or funky firewall configuration.

So my query is has anyone had an issues with their UPS horizon (internet only) router and video addons in Kodi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

So, it it UPC, UPS or Virgin Media you are with?:o

You haven't mentioned if you are connecting wirelessly or wired. There are many factors involved, especially with wireless. There is a speedtest addon you could install within kodi, this might shed some light on your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

degsie wrote: »
    So, it it UPC, UPS or Virgin Media you are with?:o

You haven't mentioned if you are connecting wirelessly or wired. There are many factors involved, especially with wireless. There is a speedtest addon you could install within kodi, this might shed some light on your issue.

I'm with UPC who became Virgin media. I'm still using my horizon router (UPC) however. It's a wired connection. It's not a speed issue, it appears to be like a port or firewall issue.

I'm hoping someone on here has successfully configured kodi with an horizon router who could she'd some light.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

I'm using a pi 3 for Kodi. Like yours it is wired to the UPC Horizon box and it works absolutely flawlessly.

For what it's worth, almost every issue I've had with my pi's has been down to either a cheapo SD card or a cheapo USB power supply/cable - might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Hey Guys,

I got a raspberry pi 2, that I installed OpenELEC on. It installs and configures, various addons work and update etc.

The problem I have is that I can't get video addons working. Youtube gives me an exception when I try to open any of its options.

I enabled logging and found that when it was trying to pull stream data it was giving this error: ccurlfile:: open failed with code 0

I googled this and found it can be network related, people have had the same issue across various Kodi versions. Some people found that their ISPs firewall/Safe guards can cause it, so they've disabled them. Others found editing their DNS servers helped.

I've tried changing to googles DNS servers, that didn't work. I've looked at the router advanced settings, but don't see anything in regards to "SafeGuards" or funky firewall configuration.

So my query is has anyone had an issues with their UPS horizon (internet only) router and video addons in Kodi?

The u tube plugins is not working right recently to many connection issues. But u tube work fine I can't the name of other plugins but there are other that pull videos from utube with out issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

iainBB wrote: »
    The u tube plugins is not working right recently to many connection issues. But u tube work fine I can't the name of other plugins but there are other that pull videos from utube with out issue.

The YouTube plugin found in the kodi repo still works if you sign in AFAIK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement