Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 80710723 Help please

Options
  • 10-05-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,
    I hope I am posting this in the right place and that somebody can help me. My son bought a new game (think it's called Tempest) and he can't play it as it needs to be updated but the update keeps stopping before the end. Think the furthest it got is 63%. Short of throwing the game out the window is there any thing we can do. To say it's frustrating is an understatement!! Please help!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What platform is this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shriner

Oh I am sorry - it's for PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

I dont have a PS3 but this solution pops up a lot on google,maybe you can try it?
    A PS3 Error 80710723 signifies a network/router error. Try going to SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > (if wired, choose path 1. if wireless, choose path 2.)

1. WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

2. WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shriner

Thanks so much for your reply. We have tried this fix but it doesn't seem to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Shriner wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your reply. We have tried this fix but it doesn't seem to help.

Have you tried putting the PS3 ip address into the DMZ on your router? Your PS3 will need a static ip address to do that,

or you could forward the following ports,

Playstation Network Required Ports

TCP 80
    TCP 443
    TCP 5223
    UDP 3478
    UDP 3479
    UDP 3658

personally I would stick it in the DMZ,do the update then revert back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can play it offline without the update. Once the PS3 is not connected online to PSN it won't look for an update and you can play it the way it is.

Advertisement