Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning on a site with a derelict cottage

• 10-05-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi all

hoping to get some advice on here. looking at a site that has a derelict cottage on it. i'm assuming that we'd need to knock this before building a house on the site. it is within the settlement boundary for the local town but it doesn't have a planning history. the fact that there is a house on it, does this mean anything in relation to the planning or would it be like we are starting on a new site??

and can anyone give me a rough idea of how long planning would take for a country site like this in cork?? or are there any website where i could get timeframes and prices for the planning process??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Check out site specifics like is it a protected structure, in a conservation area, in an archaeological zone, in a registered monument, zoning, specific planning objectives, flood zone etc. In general a Council will look favourably at tidying up a derelict site. Is there public water, sewer, drains etc. Planning fee is 65 for house and 80 for demolition. Check what planning levies may apply if granted. Times frame is 12 weeks assuming no further information request.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Angry bird wrote: »
    Check out site specifics like is it a protected structure, in a conservation area, in an archaeological zone, in a registered monument, zoning, specific planning objectives, flood zone etc. In general a Council will look favourably at tidying up a derelict site. Is there public water, sewer, drains etc. Planning fee is 65 for house and 80 for demolition. Check what planning levies may apply if granted. Times frame is 12 weeks assuming no further information request.

And the plot size to see if waste water treatment is possible. Assuming there is no waste mains system available.

Cork coco website will explain planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks lads. i rang the cork county council today just to ask a few questions about what and where i need to start. must say i don't think i've ever spoken to someone more unhelpful and uninterested. think i know less than before!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

bungaro79 wrote: »
    thanks lads. i rang the cork county council today just to ask a few questions about what and where i need to start. must say i don't think i've ever spoken to someone more unhelpful and uninterested. think i know less than before!!

😀 http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Planning/Planning%20Guides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks again bryanf!!

just had a quick look at the planning guide application form from that link you gave. its a bit of a catch 22 with the sites we're looking at. they have no planning permission but the bank won't give us a mortgage without planning permission on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭anronmor

interested in the same scenario else where, did you go for planning?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anronmor wrote: »
    interested in the same scenario else where, did you go for planning?

Planning will be required on a site with a derelict cottage/house on it.
    Best to fund this portion yourself as the banks require planning in place before they will offer a mortgage to build.

Advertisement