Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance at age 25

• 10-05-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm wondering how long it takes for health insurance to start working. If say I bought it today would I be covered tomorrow or how does it work? Bit confused with all the polices aswell but I'd what i'd really like would to be able to see a consultant fast if there was something wrong (have witnessed family sitting on public waiting list for 6 months plus)

Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

26 weeks for new conditions to be covered.
    5 years for pre existing Conditions

An actual consultant visit on an out orient basis if covered on your plan would be covered immediately but not any treatment.

The 26 week wait for new conditions can be waived and typically will be at your age if you request it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

If you join a health insurance via a company scheme you normally don't have any waiting period.

Advertisement