Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Hold For 41 Mins. Call Credit Gone. Credit Card Not Working.

Options
  • 10-05-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Last Thursday morning the 5th of May I lodged a cheque into my local branch.

This afternoon at 5pm it still hadn't cleared, not to worry, I'll use my Credit Card to buy groceries and pick up a few bits and pieces. It has a €6k limit and the outstanding balance is only €1k, shouldn't be a problem right? Nope. Credit Card not being accepted. Tried the card in a Bank of Ireland ATM using my PIN, which works, however clicking on Display Balance returns an error message and my card is returned. Tried changing my PIN, same issue.

Called 1890 251 251 and was told to expect a 10 minute wait time. After 41 minutes on hold my Call Credit expired. I had already inputted my 16 digit Credit Card number, two questions, why isn't Customer Service a Freephone number for situations like this? Secondly after already entering my Credit Card details, why doesn't an agent call back to see what the issue was?

Anyway, long story short I've come to expect this level of poor customer service from BoI, just see some of my other Threads in this Forum. I think it's time I start banking elsewhere.

In the meantime can someone please call me to explain what is wrong with my Credit Card? As I can't call you.

Please use some common sense and look at previous Private Messages to find my phone number and details without me having to reply as I have no internet access either until I can top up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Elgire wrote: »

This afternoon at 5pm it still hadn't cleared, not to worry, I'll use my Credit Card to buy groceries and pick up a few bits and pieces. It has a €6k limit and the outstanding balance is only €1k, shouldn't be a problem right? Nope. Credit Card not being accepted. Tried the card in a Bank of Ireland ATM using my PIN, which works, however clicking on Display Balance returns an error message and my card is returned. Tried changing my PIN, same issue.

Called 1890 251 251 and was told to expect a 10 minute wait time. After 41 minutes on hold my Call Credit expired. I had already inputted my 16 digit Credit Card number, two questions, why isn't Customer Service a Freephone number for situations like this? Secondly after already entering my Credit Card details, why doesn't an agent call back to see what the issue was?

Anyway, long story short I've come to expect this level of poor customer service from BoI, just see some of my other Threads in this Forum. I think it's time I start banking elsewhere.

In the meantime can someone please call me to explain what is wrong with my Credit Card? As I can't call you.

Please use some common sense and look at previous Private Messages to find my phone number and details without me having to reply as I have no internet access either until I can top up.
    Hi Elgire

Thanks for coming to us here on Boards.

We would like to try and arrange a call for you to have your card query looked into further and we do apologise for the hold time you have experience trying to reach a colleague. We'll be passing on your feedback to our Card Services Team.

Could you send us a PM please with your full name and contact number? Please be careful for security reasons not to send us any account/card details. 

To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel and then click on my signature link to send your PM.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elgire

Hi Elgire

We would like to try and arrange a call for you to have your card query looked into further and we do apologise for the hold time you have experience trying to reach a colleague. We'll be passing on your feedback to our Card Services Team.

Could you send us a PM please with your full name and contact number? Please be careful for security reasons not to send us any account/card details. 

To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel and then click on my signature link to send your PM.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Alison,

Did you read my post? I clearly said I have no call credit or internet access but you still asked me to PM you despite the fact I've emailed you and other BoI Reps on this Forum before with my details, a little searching goes along away.

I'll PM you my number again, it would be great if someone could call as soon as possible.

Hi Elgire

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Alison,

Did you read my post? I clearly said I have no call credit or internet access but you still asked me to PM you despite the fact I've emailed you and other BoI Reps on this Forum before with my details, a little searching goes along away.

I'll PM you my number again, it would be great if someone could call as soon as possible.
    Hi Elgire

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the oversight. 

We'll forward this on for you and request a call to help with your card query.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hi Elgire

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Just to piggy back on this. Have also recently been calling the credit card customer service and the length of time to get an answer is shocking. How can it take so long? What if a person is stuck somewhere with little cash or credit and trying to contact this customer service? Really needs to be improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi Elgire

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Just to piggy back on this. Have also recently been calling the credit card customer service and the length of time to get an answer is shocking. How can it take so long? What if a person is stuck somewhere with little cash or credit and trying to contact this customer service? Really needs to be improved.
    Hi maximo31,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re very sorry that you have experienced delays trying to contact card services by phone.

Just to mention we also have a new site called ‘Card Care’ where there are various functions including – View PIN Online, give travel notice, limit increase/decrease and many more.

See here for more information on Card Care.

We appreciate the time taken to send us on your feedback; we’ll certainly pass on your feedback to our card services team.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Hi Elgire

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi maximo31,

We’re very sorry that you have experienced delays trying to contact card services by phone.

Just to mention we also have a new site called ‘Card Care’ where there are various functions including – View PIN Online, give travel notice, limit increase/decrease and many more.

We appreciate the time taken to send us on your feedback; we’ll certainly pass on your feedback to our card services team.

Thanks,

Tara C
    31 minutes and counting...and just given up. 35 minutes. Can somebody here request a callback?

Makood wrote: »
    Hi Elgire

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi maximo31,

Thanks,

Tara C
    31 minutes and counting...and just given up. 35 minutes. Can somebody here request a callback?
    Hi Makood

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear of the delays. 

If you have yet to receive assistance, you can send us a PM with your full name, contact number and credit card query and we'll arrange for a colleague to contact you. Please be careful not send any account information for security reasons. 

To send us a PM please ensure you have your signature set to display in your Control Panel and click my signature link to send your PM.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I know it's a side issue, but geographic numbers (as in not 1890 / 1891) are generally cheaper to call from either a landline / mobile / Skype. For Credit card services use the "calling from abroad" number - 056 775 7747 is what's on my MasterCard.

Advertisement