Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tour agent license

Options
  • 10-05-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I want to bring a group over to Peru from Ireland. Basically a package holiday flights accom food and drink. I'll be the guide. I live in Peru.

What sort of license do I need, was looking up the aviation Ireland website sounds like it costs 4% of initial turnover plus 300euro a year to get it.

Do I need insurance for bringing this group, or is their travel insurance enough cover?

I presume will need to set up a company, company bank account etc.

Thanks

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Talk to people operating as tour agents and maybe organise the travel and accommodation through them with you charging for internal tours.

A lot less risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Hi,

I want to bring a group over to Peru from Ireland. Basically a package holiday flights accom food and drink. I'll be the guide. I live in Peru.

What sort of license do I need, was looking up the aviation Ireland website sounds like it costs 4% of initial turnover plus 300euro a year to get it.

Do I need insurance for bringing this group, or is their travel insurance enough cover?

I presume will need to set up a company, company bank account etc.

Thanks

R

You lve in Peru, you work in Peru, your business is based in Peru, so it is Peruvian law that will govern your contracts with your travellers. If you set anything up in Ireland you become an Irish operation, need travel bonds, etc. You need professional help in Peru. !Suerte!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 horsebox316

Thanks Pedro, the plan was to get people to pay into an Irish bank account so would have thought to go down the Irish route. but yeah could avoid a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks Pedro, the plan was to get people to pay into an Irish bank account so would have thought to go down the Irish route. but yeah could avoid a lot of hassle

Speaking as someone well traveled, I'd have no interest in paying into an Irish bank account for a tour being organised by someone who is based in Peru. I'd want to be paying by Credit Card or PayPal, to an established operation for my own piece of mind.

You'd be better off acting on commission with established operators in Peru or Ireland.

Advertisement