Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organic eggs?

Options
  • 10-05-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I live in south Dublin and I was looking to buy some organic eggs straight from a farm, would anyone know of any farms close to this area?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, welcome to Boards :)

I've moved this to the Dublin County South forum because you're more likely to get helpful replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Give Tim a shout at Oldcourt Hill Farm. He does Free Range Eggs.

https://www.facebook.com/Oldcourt-Hill-Farm-187231521465144/timeline

We have an allotment on the Farm. It's at the base of the Mountains just above Firhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The misses and all her friends get eggs delivered once a week it's 8 euro for a tray of 24 or 3where abouts are you ?

Here's his FB page https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009675137972&fref=nf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Tims the man, lovely eggs. Just hard boiled one there for my salad tomorrow!

Old Court Farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SandrA333

I'm in Deansgrange Ted, €8 sounds great, thanks for that, I,ll check them out 👍🏻

• Advertisement

I'll be out near Firhouse next week and I'll check Tim's eggs too, thanks for that Gandalf, how much does he sell them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH I hate to admit it but it's a while since I bought them. When I got them last year it was €2 for a half dozen. As I said we know Tim because we have an allotment on his farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

SandrA333 wrote:
    I'll be out near Firhouse next week and I'll check Tim's eggs too, thanks for that Gandalf, how much does he sell them for?

€2.70 per dozen.

They're mixed size so you might get some small and some big or all small/all big within a box but they're all excellent. I love a guggy egg and there's nothing like a super-fresh one from just up the road for that.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    €2.70 per dozen.

Its 2.50 per half dozen going up to 2.70 per half dozen on June 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Its 2.50 per half dozen going up to 2.70 per half dozen on June 1st.

I didn't really see the point in giving the lower price that only applies for another 19 days and will probably apply to new customers immediately.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I didn't really see the point in giving the lower price that only applies for another 19 days and will probably apply to new customers immediately.

Fair enough - I was more correcting the fact that you said it was per dozen but its actually per half dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Fair enough - I was more correcting the fact that you said it was per dozen but its actually per half dozen.

Yeah, in fairness €2.70 for a dozen organic eggs would be AMAZING value. I pay €1.89 for half a dozen large free-range eggs in Aldi.

called into Tim today and got some lovely eggs and also seen the hens :-) great size, really nice man, haven't tried them yet but I'm going to have some for breakfast in the morning :-) thanks for all the info :-)

SandrA333 wrote: »
    called into Tim today and got some lovely eggs and also seen the hens :-) great size, really nice man, haven't tried them yet but I'm going to have some for breakfast in the morning :-) thanks for all the info :-)

Ill tell him later on that it he got a whole thread on boards.ie recommending him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ill tell him later on that it he got a whole thread on boards.ie recommending him!

The power of word of mouth! I'll be dropping into him myself over the next few days to try some of these eggs :)

Digs wrote: »
    The power of word of mouth! I'll be dropping into him myself over the next few days to try some of these eggs :)

Ah Tims a great fella, I went up before to have a look at the allotments and ended up having a scone (baked by his missus!) and a nice cup of tea and a chat.

He is a sound guy. If you like organic local honey, a local beekeeper keeps bees on Tims land too.

Advertisement