Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aromatherapy/ Essential Oils

Options
  • 10-05-2016 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an aromatherapy/ essential oils kit for use in pregnancy and labour? I don't know much about this but heard it was good, also that lots weren't safe to use in pregnancy so would like to buy a kit where all that had been taken into account. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Hi holding, not a recommendation for a kit per se but most of the sets/kits on the market contain jasmine, lavender and clary sage essential oils. I had these on hand for my own labour. Lavender is perfectly safe throughout pregnancy (diluted in carrier oil to apply on skin, or in a diffuser - but never neat, although that applies to all essential oils as they are so concentrated). Jasmine and clary sage are thought to help stimulate labour/enhance contractions so not recommended until labour has kicked off.

I must say I never actually got around to using the clary sage - I had a diffuser going with jasmine and lavender at the beginning but I found that my contractions were naturally coming close enough from the get go (from nothing to every minute or so!) that i never felt the need to resort to the clary sage.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Get lavender. When you get to that last month it will save you from losing your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Thanks a million for the replies, I think it will help a lot, but was really unsure where to start as I had heard some were unsafe during pregnancy.

Advertisement