Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tynans

Options
  • 10-05-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Any one know what the story is. Sad sight to see it closed. It's been around for"more years than I care to remember "

Comments

http://kclr96fm.com/future-of-the-iconic-tynans-bridge-house-bar-in-kilkenny-uncertain/

This is all I could find on KCLR's website, it doesn't really make us any wiser. Tynan's Facebook page doesn't say anything either.
    There was a thread on here a few years back about fire safety concerns and threats that the pub would have to do major renovations in order to comply so maybe this closure has something to do with that. Hopefully it's not closed permanently - it's definitely one of KK's treasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Saw kclr'spost. As you say it says nothing. Fingers crossed it will be back soon,it must be either revenue or as you say fire safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Wasn't it been ran by the banks for last while same owners as step house in borris .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Didn't the then owner try to claim subsidence as a result of the drainage works on the river? Always got a weird sensation standing in the front area of the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

citykat wrote: »
    Didn't the then owner try to claim subsidence as a result of the drainage works on the river? Always got a weird sensation standing in the front area of the bar.
    I reckon the issues regarding the front bar predated the flood works, more likely preexisting structural problems that were going to cost a fortune to rectify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

catbear wrote: »
    I reckon the issues regarding the front bar predated the flood works, more likely preexisting structural problems that were going to cost a fortune to rectify.

I worked there throughout my teens and can confidently tell you that those issues with the cellar/front bar didn't predate the flood works. Many a night I spent up to my knees in sh*t changing kegs!

Advertisement