Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options
  • 10-05-2016 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

In the Kerry Co Op board 4 of the directors are conspiring to grab 25% of the existing shareholders shares. They are hatching up a plan to take the vote back off the "B" and "C" shareholders in the Co Op in order to execute their plan. They want to give the shares out to the new start up dairy farmers with 200+ cows in order to help them produce cheap milk and put the rest of us out of business for once and for all. It is vitally important to show up to the next Kerry Co Op AGM and to get all of our Co Op shares converted into PLC shares before the board grabs them from us. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

Do you want all your Kerry Co Op shares converted? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Can they really do that without a vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

fepper wrote: »
    Can they really do that without a vote

The Co Op board are going to hold us to ransom by offering a 20% conversion, one of the clauses of the conversion will be that the "B" and "C" shareholders will lose their vote. And then only the "A" shareholders (all the milk suppliers who hold 1 or more Co Op shares) will be the only ones allowed to vote in such matters and then they can do what they like with the Co Op shares, ie. sell the shares to prop up the milk price just like Glanbia's Co Op have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Is this why Stan McCarthy is resigning from the Co-oP

newman10 wrote: »
    Is this why Stan McCarthy is resigning from the Co-oP

That is the main reason why, the 4 directors who are hatching a plan to grab everyone's shares were trying to bully him into paying a milk price which would be totally detached from reality in order for them to then let a share conversion go through. So seemingly as an act of defiance he has resigned from his position in the Co Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

when is the next agm

• Advertisement

Henwin wrote: »
    when is the next agm

We're all asking the same question, the Co Op board aren't even capable of calling an AGM it seems

Its usually in June,then the dividends are paid on coop shares a few days later.

fepper wrote: »
    Its usually in June,then the dividends are paid on coop shares a few days later.

In previous years we'd always have been notified by now though.

We will soon no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Reading the IFJ this week I am baffled by Jack Kennedy and the €450,000 pay he attributes to the 28 Kerry Co-op Directors.

I looked up the 2014 Kerry Co-op Accounts and see €0.7m Operating expenses.
    Note 8 to the accounts states "Kerry Co-operative Creameries Limited utilises administrative services of Kerry Group plc for which no fee is charged"

In Irish Examiner we see a spokesman for Kerry states
    "No executive in Kerry Group receives any wages from Kerry Co-op, and the group has never sought any payment for the services it provides to the co-op."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/kerry-group-reaffirms-its-commitment-to-milk-suppliers-398800.html

Where has the €250K difference gone here or has the IFJ understated the pay & expenses of the 28 Kerry Co-op Directors???

• Advertisement

Do the advisory members from each creamery get expenses

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    Would it be hard to get a story printed in the farmers journal about the scheming by the Co Op board do ye think? it's definitely a newsworthy story with the way how we're being treated so badly by those fools, it would be great if we could expose them for what they are and name them in the farmers journal for the whole world to see what they're doing to us.

I think that comment is unfair. The Board in my opinion have interests in their business, ie Dairy Farming.
    As the Co ops member base has moved from Active milk supplier to Dry shareholders the Board structure just haven't moved.

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    Would it be hard to get a story printed in the farmers journal about the scheming by the Co Op board do ye think? it's definitely a newsworthy story with the way how we're being treated so badly by those fools, it would be great if we could expose them for what they are and name them in the farmers journal for the whole world to see what they're doing to us.
    <br />
    <br />
    You defo have it in for the coop board members??,I'm hoping that they do their best on milk price and try to keep relations with plc as amicable as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

You won t get any story printed on the journal maybe start off by writing a letter to the journal and put your name to it with your concerns. What exactly do you want to happen , you want the co op gone you want all shares spun out. There is a bit of a cosy cartel going on a great job if you can get on the board there pay in my calculations is 16000 which for what they do is high but not crazy like IFA or anything maybe they are 2 many board members but my view is that this is all to lucrative for it to just stop. But maybe someone has to shout stop.

Kerry2016 would you sign your name to a letter to farmers journal letters page detailing all Kerry coops plan according to you, you'd really put the cat among the pigeons then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

kerryjack wrote: »
    You won t get any story printed on the journal maybe start off by writing a letter to the journal and put your name to it with your concerns. What exactly do you want to happen , you want the co op gone you want all shares spun out. There is a bit of a cosy cartel going on a great job if you can get on the board there pay in my calculations is 16000 which for what they do is high but not crazy like IFA or anything maybe they are 2 many board members but my view is that this is all to lucrative for it to just stop. But maybe someone has to shout stop.

If I were you, I'd contact Paul Mooney in the Journal. He writes good stuff and is a good lad. I met him before and, unlike a lot of them, he actually farms. Let him hear you out rather than write a letter and see what happens

Dan White in the Sunday Indo had a good article today on the Co Op structure and the impact of current Milk prices on dairy farmers.

Interestingly is the spokesperson for Kerry pointed out the obvious of Kerry Co Op (Our Share Holding company) has " nothing to do with collecting, processing or paying for milk".... ie its not really a Dairy Co Op anymore.

"Stan will continue to be available to all shareholders and milk suppliers,"
    Will Stan have a meeting with you Kerry2016... Forget Paul Mooney go straight to the Top :-)

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/milk-price-crash-can-only-signal-an-increase-in-tempo-for-the-slow-dance-of-dairy-processing-marriages-34714552.html

so the coop board members are technically not representing milk suppliers legally as they are not supplying milk to kerry coop but kerry plc ?? its all coming out in the wash now

they really have no leg to stand on now to stay on as coop board members as they represent no one at anything now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

If you know one of these farmers that are in serious trouble advise them to come forward and tell there story to the media they have these shares that could sort there problem but can't cash them in ,would make a great story.

• Advertisement

I think the agm would be the place to question the need for a board now only claiming expenses off our coop bank a/c for being a board member in name only sitting pretty!!,I am going to email farmers journal ( the dealer) and tell them have a look at boards.ie(farming forum) to see that Kerry coop shareholders want full full conversion of their shares as the board now defunct

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

Taken from their website.

News Desk: Patrick Donohoe
    01 419 9500/ 087 766 4111
    pdonohoe@farmersjournal.ie

Pat O’Toole
    01 419 9500/ 086 825 2162
    potoole@farmersjournal.ie

Paul Mooney
    01 419 9500/ 087 235 0425
    pmooney@farmersjournal.ie

Kerry Co-Op got the Advisory Committee members to go door to door to the Active milk suppliers recently to have same supplier sign it was ok for the Co Op to represent them in the discussions with Kerry Group on the Leading Milk price row.

The Milk contracts are with Kerry Group, the Co-op served no purpose even in this instance and had no authority to legally discuss milk price on the suppliers behalf.

What a joke; Kerry Co-op appear not have any remit, purpose, power, voice, respect or future as far as one can see judging by what is said here.

The Co-Op Directors appear to act mainly in the interests of the 3300 milk suppliers but are legally obliged to act in the interests of the A, B & C Shareholders, all 13,000+ of us.

Well I suppose Barry the milk suppliers currently on the board have a right to discuss the milk price with the plc on behalf of the other milk suppliers but not on behalf of all the shareholders ,in the FJ it said that Kerry coop would be preparing a legal team to take on the plc on milk price,if the milk suppliers want to take on the plc on milk price tell the coop board members to fund this out of their own coop expenses!!

Some chance of it been funded out of their own expenses!
    Us Shareholders are paying for it.

Honestly it is correct that they represent the A Shareholders in the milk dispute.

The point was they did not have the remit to do so until the suppliers signed a power of attorney or such to allow the Co-op negotiate on the individual suppliers behalf with Kerry Group.

Interesting to see in the Farmers Journal this week, your view section, a farmer has a similar grievance with Glanbia Co op as we have.

He notes 60% of members were not notified of the Glanbia Co-Op AGM or allowed attend even though they are shareholders.
    He outlines how Glanbia Co-Op are using the Co ops assets (that are owned by the members) to Prop up milk prices to the tune of €25m.
    What's worse is that €15m of this money is essentially being robbed from the Dry Shareholders to give to the current suppliers along with their own €10m of Co op funds.
    Other jurisdictions call this FRAUD I believe.

He notes the Dry Shareholders will not stand idly by and watch a shareholding that has built up over many years be used in this way.
    He notes the removal of his vote and also the devaluation of his shares and how the Glanbia Co-Op are not applying the CoOp Ethos.
    He finishes by saying the proper thing to do is spin out the remaining Glanbia Co op shares to Plc shares.

His concerns are very similar to ours.

Glanbia Co-Op is a trading company for processing milk and has a 30% shareholding in Glanbia PLC.

We have a Non Trading Investment holding company and the majority of our shareholders don't get invited to the AGM or get a copy of the Annual Report, crazy application of rules I'm my opinion.

Can't see that in this weeks FJ Barry,maybe lasts weeks?

Jaysus you are correct. I was not finished reading the 30 April Journal and pulled it out instead of this week's one.!
    Well written article similar issues.

Carberry have their financial in the same edition.
    Despite the highest milk prices their shares are worth €3.08 per share.
    I wonder would they prefer Kerry co-op shares and Division 2 milk prices or Division 1 milk prices and shares worth €3.08?

When the quotas went,milk was the new GOLD , and still farmers suppliers seem to think its priceless?? While the real 24ct golden nuggets are buried under the co-ops floorboards,twisted thinking!!

• Advertisement

Anyone read the farmers journal this week yet? 2 articles were written in criticising my article last week about wanting the shares converted. I'm fairly certain that the Co Op board wrote the article on page 10, I'm fairly sure which one of the directors was behind it. In the paper it was supposedly young farmers who wrote in saying they'd no shares and the 13th payment was a big deal to them it was clearly a ploy by the board to put the issue of a share conversion out of people's minds before the AGM. I'm sick of young farmers giving out about not having shares. We handed out about 1bn worth of patron shares already, what more do they want?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement