Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

Apparently back in the good ole days the Kerry Co Op board was made up of big progressive farmers who had no problem seeing other people getting on. It all started to go wrong when the rules were changed so that each individual represented more and more farmers by having a bigger catchment area, before a man would only have to spend a few days or a week canvassing for votes but they made the catchment area so big now that it takes a good 2/3 weeks to do the canvassing, the result of this is that only small farmers with tonnes of spare time to kill ended up being on the Co Op board as the big farmers didn't have the time, the miserable €14,000 of a salary that they get paid for being on the board means an awful lot to these small farmers - so much so that they keep the defunct Kerry Co Op in place and block all of us from getting our shares converted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Great point Fepper.. the "Kerry Milk Supplier Co op" could benefit greatly from Kerry2016's Green cert and modern thinking....I'm sure his experiences in the Bahamas celebrating his huge windfall from a 100% conversion would be a great story to share with the old fogies to make their eyes water in the Board room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Great point Fepper.. the "Kerry Milk Supplier Co op" could benefit greatly from Kerry2016's Green cert and modern thinking....I'm sure his experiences in the Bahamas celebrating his huge windfall from a 100% conversion would be a great story to share with the old fogies to make their eyes water in the Board room!
    Have to say Barry that's the funniest text of the whole 19 pages on here,nothing like a bit of humour thrown in!!

Kerry2016 come on and defend yourself.... Are you a "Playboy of the western world" or are you a "it's my field"character.. I'd say the former.. the women of Kerry must be fighting in the queue for you I'd say...

Banner Barry & Fepper, sometimes on this thread I get the feeling it's just the 3 of us talking to one another with the occasional communist butting in! Hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    Banner Barry & Fepper, sometimes on this thread I get the feeling it's just the 3 of us talking to one another with the occasional communist butting in! Hahaha

might not post much here but i read everything

Kerry 2016,the viewing figures are excellent for your thread so even for entertainment and information purposes you started a important thread,you wont be on moderators Christmas card list this year though,banner definitely keeps this thread interesting with his up-to-date facts and figures so overall I reckon its going well

fepper wrote: »
    Kerry 2016,the viewing figures are excellent for your thread so even for entertainment and information purposes you started a important thread,you wont be on moderators Christmas card list this year though,banner definitely keeps this thread interesting with his up-to-date facts and figures so overall I reckon its going well

Thanks Kerry2016 for the entertainment... I'm more the nerd with the facts... I'm going for the Kerry Co op Secretary position next year when Brian D retires. ..
    They are talking it will cost us Co Op shareholders about 1 million to do the secretarial work... I'll be anyone's secretary for that kinda money :D

I'm hearing rumours about Co Op shares having become easily available lately due to farmers being badly stuck for money, this together with the uncertainty hanging over future conversions etc has made them very cheap, what kind of prices have ye heard that they've been going for lately? I was thinking of buying up more of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

250 each .what have you heard 2016

• Advertisement

So long as the plc share price is dropping,it'll keep dropping coop share price in tandem I suppose

I heard they were making half that Kerry Cow… I blame the drop in share price on Brexit, markets hate uncertainty… all the forecasts I've seen on Kerry's Share price say that they should be back to the mid 80's by the end of the year

I have heard prices lower than half.
    Anyone thinking of selling at a fraction of their full €460 or so book value go have it out with your local Co op Director first. Put the pressure on him as to why you are not able to get a full price for your shares. Remind him of his legal obligations to you the shareholder.

I have heard prices lower than half.
    Anyone thinking of selling at a fraction of their full €460 or so book value go have it out with your local Co op Director first. Put the pressure on him as to why you are not able to get a full price for your shares. Remind him of his legal obligations to you the shareholder.

But there lies the problem banner, at AGM,show of hands in favour of conversion,few more with meself put them up,what more can you do if the majority are more than happy sitting on their nest egg in the coop incubator....

I heard they were making half that Kerry Cow… I blame the drop in share price on Brexit, markets hate uncertainty… all the forecasts I've seen on Kerry's Share price say that they should be back to the mid 80's by the end of the year

@ €150?? Sure thats pie in sky pub talk, €250 and up would be minimum and that is only starting position

I presume Kerry2016 means €225-€230, half their book value.
    Big issue if the shareholders are not for it. The Arbitration needs to be rectified 1st before they see the light.
    Any update on when an outcome is expected on this?

How long is a piece of string re arbitration,but sure something else will cause trouble again and coop will say they will have to sort this as well etc etc,a valuable coop holding being used for the likes of this penny pinching exercise is outrageous!!

No Banner Barry I'd heard that the Co Op shares were actually making €120 a piece, I think I was wrong informed though… at what price do ye think they're worth buying? Even at €200 them seem fairly worthwhile value

No Banner Barry I'd heard that the Co Op shares were actually making €120 a piece, I think I was wrong informed though… at what price do ye think they're worth buying? Even at €200 them seem fairly worthwhile value
    Banner it looks like Kerry 2016 has ambitions to buy up the Bahamas financed by Kerry shares

fepper wrote: »
    Banner it looks like Kerry 2016 has ambitions to buy up the Bahamas financed by Kerry shares

Jaysus... I was stuck on the bowl since I read Kerry2016's post... Miss Barbados's dowry has halved since this morning with that post!!! She's chasing Donald Trump's son now instead...
    I'd hope 230 - 260 would be a realistic price for the shares. ... We ll blame Kerry2016's exploding battery in his shiny Samsung Note 7's for that price typo!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

It makes no difference if they are 400 each or 120 each if not selling .but if you buy like myself or 2016 then it's good to buy at the lower end .Once your not in a rush for a conversion or need the money for a project it's growing either way . Personally I wish they were at 100 per co op share because I would buy buy buy .

I know people who bought a lot of them Co Op shares back on day 1 when the Co Op was first formed, it was £1 per share, those shares would later go on to be worth 11 PLC's each

Then in '86 when Kerry Group PLC came into existence the PLC shares were making 50p each but there was a deal in place where milk suppliers were allowed buy them for 30p each, apparently very few milk suppliers bought any of them for 30p even… there was an insane amount of money to be made from those shares back then considering the shares peaked at €84 earlier this year

I know people who bought a lot of them Co Op shares back on day 1 when the Co Op was first formed, it was £1 per share, those shares would later go on to be worth 11 PLC's each

Then in '86 when Kerry Group PLC came into existence the PLC shares were making 50p each but there was a deal in place where milk suppliers were allowed buy them for 30p each, apparently very few milk suppliers bought any of them for 30p even… there was an insane amount of money to be made from those shares back then considering the shares peaked at €84 earlier this year

No doubt about it that the shares were great value, I think milk suppliers could buy at 35p,they also gave a option to buy coop shares on a 1 to 1 basis based on previous coop shares you had for £1,caution and fear of unknown stopped a lot of farmers from taking the plunge big time then

Can any of ye advise me which areas it is easiest to scoop up Co Op shares nowadays? You'd often see that certain localities have them far more in abundance that others from time to time

I cant see coop shares being traded in big lots now or in the future,they'll be no more issued and like land no more of it being made,they're a collectors item now!!....

I was only intending to buy about another €100k worth, I could surely get that much of them? There's no point when they're all converted regretting that I didn't buy more of them while I'd the chance, it's a handy way of making money compared to milking cows!

All north Kerry especially the dairy areas,I'm here in tillage area so cows not big here in numbers or supply hence low number of shares,but I'm sure number of coop shares must be small anyway with all conversions up to now

Kerry 2016,I think you're falling in love ❤ with Kerry coop again,you started off with a love/hate relationship now you seem to cuddling up to them again, remember "LOVE IS BLIND"

As the winter progresses anyway and money gets more and more scarce I presume more farmers will be backed into a corner and have no choice but to sell their Co Op shares to keep the bank manager and everyone else happy so I might wait a while yet before I buy, their supply will have to go up, demand won't be going up anyway so they'll surely get some bit cheaper

• Advertisement

I think people didn't know the real value per share,I didnt realise each share was worth 6.12 plc per share from now on until conversion,and its on here I found that info, hate to have back to wall to sell at half that rate ,but needs be,there was another coop share thread on here when the old shares were trading at €80 and thought about selling them then,they've come a long way since,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement