Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

I think the process in getting the shares converted albeit slowly and the role of advisory and board members in a organization thats totally irrelevant to dry shareholders and even less representative for milk suppliers,but it seems the momentum is going in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

As I posted before , the plc share are on the slide and as for the co op total conversion is all but a pipe dream .you will be holding them for a whole longer than you think . The board have zero appetite for change .
    Feels like "ye all dressed up but no where to go " .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

kerry cow wrote: »
    As I posted before , the plc share are on the slide and as for the co op total conversion is all but a pipe dream .you will be holding them for a whole longer than you think . The board have zero appetite for change .

I'll look after my few million euros worth of shares and you stick to looking after your few ponys or whatever it is that you have at home

Ps. Your obviously bitter for a reason and it's not because your overly successful

During my last campaign of buying Co Op shares I paid €80 for thousands of them, they're making upto €300 now, you ever make a 375% return on an investment before?

kerry cow wrote: »
    But kerrycow what exactly have the coop board a appetite for, to me it looks like for status and expenses not growing the value of my coop shares as thats what the plc do minus a few blips now and then on the share value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Kerry2016 wrote: »

I'll look after my few million euros worth of shares and you stick to looking after your few ponys or whatever it is that you have at home

Kerry2016, when the Kerry CoOp shares are converted 100% on fools day next year will you pull a few fivers you use to start the fire out for a night of reminiscing of bygone threads down in Tralee :-)

With that gain on shares you might see us skipping a few rounds when the Champagne and Caviar comes out though!

• Advertisement

By all accounts banner,the conversion bash by kerry2016 will be black-tie affair and im sure we'll be upgraded to the VIP section and mingling with the likes of Stan and the lads from princess st and as you say champagne and caviar will be a welcome change from the bacon and cabbage,we wont know ourselves,I'm sure he will have organised a few high class hostesses to end the night with a bang

fepper wrote: »
    By all accounts banner,the conversion bash by kerry2016 will be black-tie affair and im sure we'll be upgraded to the VIP section and mingling with the likes of Stan and the lads from princess st and as you say champagne and caviar will be a welcome change from the bacon and cabbage,we wont know ourselves,I'm sure he will have organised a few high class hostesses to end the night with a bang

We will have gout from the rich food and Stan & Brian will be on our speed dial after that bash......
    Could turn into a Hangover film if some of the Old Cronies turn up to spoil the show....
    Maybe the bash should be held with the hostesses before the next board meeting......
    might have them in a more decisive frame of mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Any news to report from the Co Op meeting in Ballyroe Hotel on last Tuesday night ?

Kerry2016, you must be down at least €90k on paper after today's Group price falls???
    Not a good night for a bit of ball hopping with you I guess.

He said he'd be financing his coop share buying spree by plc share selling so I suppose things are not going according to plan,I feel your pain kerry16!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jesus a bad day alright.

Been a while now since they were these low.

marno21 wrote: »
    Jesus a bad day alright.

Been a while now since they were these low.

Other food stocks are down a good bit in the last few months also in Europe at least anyway.
    The most optimistic we can hope for is better value acquisitions from Kerry Group as a result of the market falls. .. by paying less money for a company with higher profits it will drive Kerry Groups future earnings and in turn the Group share price...
    It would be very welcome if they could announce a few acquisitions in the November results update in a few weeks.
    It was last year's acquisitions announcement at that results update that really caused the Group share price to take off

I was only thinking lately when the shares were at €80 or so that surely at some stage they'd dip below €70 for a while, that's shares, they go up and down etc, seems like a pretty good opening for people to invest in Kerry Group Shares now as an alternative of paying into a pension… the sterling is expected to fall in value even further, things probably won't be looking pretty on the iseq for a while… I remember a couple years ago or so the shares were at €60 and they fell away down to €49 then over the space of about 2 weeks, that's a drop of almost 20%, it had blown over in no time

I see written somewhere a while ago that some analysts were saying that Kerry plc were overpriced and should be around the mid €50s according to them

Ya I saw something similar to that too, if all those anylstys knew what they were talking about though I guess they'd all be millionaires, The Financial Times would be fairly reliable, have a look at their forecasts here http://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=KRZ:ISE

Ya I saw something similar to that too, if all those anylstys knew what they were talking about though I guess they'd all be millionaires, The Financial Times would be fairly reliable, have a look at their forecasts here http://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=KRZ:ISE

Nice link. Thanks. Interesting to see the lowest of analysts forecast is €75 per share...
    The CoOp Directors must have lost a fair few paper euros yesterday also.
    That may help them focus their attentions to doing their best for shareholder value based on their legal obligations to us Shareholders

Even when shares were at €84,I don't think people would sell cos they are waiting for them to go over €90 then and then wait to go over €100 especially if you got them on previous conversions so in practical terms your not losing,id start selling at 100 minimum from now on cos I sold too many before this for a song really

fepper wrote: »
    Even when shares were at €84,I don't think people would sell cos they are waiting for them to go over €90 then and then wait to go over €100 especially if you got them on previous conversions so in practical terms your not losing,id start selling at 100 minimum from now on cos I sold too many before this for a song really

Very true.... Over the last 2, 5, 10 & 26 years bar none Kerry Group have outperformed all indexes and very most shares.

What do ye all make of the crash in the price of the shares? Hit their 52 week low this morning at €68.09, they've been falling basically every day for weeks now, they seem to just be in free fall at this stage, I know the UK is a big trading partner but it hardly justifies €2.5 billion being wiped off the value of the company

What do ye all make of the crash in the price of the shares? Hit their 52 week low this morning at €68.09, they've been falling basically every day for weeks now, they seem to just be in free fall at this stage, I know the UK is a big trading partner but it hardly justifies €2.5 billion being wiped off the value of the company

It's crazy. All the far eastern currencies are tanking.
    These are the growth countries for Kerry and in turn the market are expecting revenues from there to be lower when reported in Euros I guess.

The bit the market is missing I hope is that Kerry may be able to use their strong revenue from the US to buy cheap companies in Asia and the UK right now.... Fingers crossed they announce an Acquisition or two at the November 2nd Financial Update like they did last year..

We should get worried if Stan starts selling €15 million worth of shares like food company Aryzta's CEO who "regretted having to sell"... I bet he doesn't regret it now considering their shares have nearly halved since!

• Advertisement

If my memory serves me right Aryzta made a huge acquisition that never worked out that well for them and that's why their shares have performed so badly in the last while I think… from the reports I'm seeing in the English media it sounds as though the people over there are totally perplexed over Unilever upping the wholesale price of their goods by 10%, the sterling has devalued by 15% since the start of the year, they can't wrap their heads around how Unilever felt entitled to up the price of their goods… I think the UK is going to be heading into an economic wilderness for the next couple of years with Margaret Thatcher 2.0 aka Theresa May at the helm, hopefully the British won't drag our shares or our economy down with them

Some investment group in the U.K. have come out and said now is a good time to buy Kerry Group Shares, here's a link for their report on them, they're telling investors to be aiming for a price of €92 a share when they're selling them http://www.thecerbatgem.com/2016/10/14/kerry-group-public-ltd-co-kyga-coverage-initiated-by-analysts-at-liberum-capital.html

Thanks for the link. Fingers crossed they are worth at least €92.... at some stage in the future anyway.

Why do you say or know that the investment company are selling Group shares?

Thanks for the link. Fingers crossed they are worth at least €92.... at some stage in the future anyway.

Why do you say or know that the investment company are selling Group shares?

I presume you meant to say how do I know they're buying Kerry Group Shares? I read a few different things about them but that's what they've put out there anyway, I'm not quiet sure how their business works (they're called Liberum Capital) but they're telling their shareholders to buy Kerry Group Shares aswell, I think they're an investment bank or something

Sorry Kerry2016.. misread your previous post..
    Thanks for the link and information.. hopefully the November 2nd results will be good and outlook great driving the share price significantly higher.
    There's been many bumps in the road before and Kerry recovered stronger so here's hoping for more of the same.

Any update on the 1300 shares and whether they were sold for the hefty guide from the solicitor?

Sorry Kerry2016.. misread your previous post..
    Thanks for the link and information.. hopefully the November 2nd results will be good and outlook great driving the share price significantly higher.
    There's been many bumps in the road before and Kerry recovered stronger so here's hoping for more of the same.

Any update on the 1300 shares and whether they were sold for the hefty guide from the solicitor?

No I never even rang up about those 1300 shares because I presumed they'd be wanting to sell them off in the one batch… I got onto a couple solicitors though and they got back to me, there seems to be an awful lot of shares changing hands at the moment tbh, about 500 Co Op shares were sold by one of the solicitors this week that had been onto me, their was a reserve of €235 on them though and with the PLC's price being down I left them off, I'll wait until the PLC price recovers to €75 or so, I'm sure there'll still be a plentiful amount of Co Op shares available

It's great the co op share price is holding at that level.
    If the financial results are good on 2nd November we should expect a Group price rally.
    The UK is less than 20% of total Group revenue.
    A lot of its costs are sourced from UK factories hence heir margins should be unaffected by Brexit.
    The retranslation of revenue and profits should be a elmer 2-3% overall and the shares have fell 10% or more so think share price falls are well overdone.

Any update on the Arbitration?

It's great the co op share price is holding at that level.
    If the financial results are good on 2nd November we should expect a Group price rally.
    The UK is less than 20% of total Group revenue.
    A lot of its costs are sourced from UK factories hence heir margins should be unaffected by Brexit.
    The retranslation of revenue and profits should be a elmer 2-3% overall and the shares have fell 10% or more so think share price falls are well overdone.

Any update on the Arbitration?

All that sounds good, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Kerry's business plan anyway at least, the only people to blame for the shares dip in value is the British public for being tick enough to vote to leave the EU…

No I haven't heard anything about the arbitration in a long time, I thought it would've been sorted by now…. I wasn't happy with how it went relatively unnoticed about the Co Op board sending out 3,300 solicitors letters at gigantic expense about representing us at the arbitration that time, would love to know how much of our money those idiots wasted on that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Billyballs

All that sounds good, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Kerry's business plan anyway at least, the only people to blame for the shares dip in value is the British public for being tick enough to vote to leave the EU…

No I haven't heard anything about the arbitration in a long time, I thought it would've been sorted by now…. I wasn't happy with how it went relatively unnoticed about the Co Op board sending out 3,300 solicitors letters at gigantic expense about representing us at the arbitration that time, would love to know how much of our money those idiots wasted on that

Hang on a minute are you the same lad who couldn't get money off some fella for working on a farm and now your a Kerry millionaire!!
    Give me a break and the other two experts on here the sense of entitlement is laughable you'd swear ye were after making the company profitable yourselves, armchair farmers! What a joke!
    Rant over! Ban me away mods but this has to be said. Lots of people work hard to add profit to these shares and these couple of experts do f'all

• Advertisement

Yea looking at the way currencies have gone in Asia which is around 20% of Kerry's business revenue for the year will likely to be pared back somewhat over this and Brexit (UK seems to be ~18% of total revenue).
    My bet is for profits to be fine on 2nd November and revenue to be guided a little lighter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement