Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

Billyballs wrote: »
    Hang on a minute are you the same lad who couldn't get money off some fella for working on a farm and now your a Kerry millionaire!!
    Give me a break and the other two experts on here the sense of entitlement is laughable you'd swear ye were after making the company profitable yourselves, armchair farmers! What a joke!
    Rant over! Ban me away mods but this has to be said. Lots of people work hard to add profit to these shares and these couple of experts do f'all

Hold on a second, I was an Ag College student last year, as part of the course I had to work for a farmer for 3 months. I'm not some farm hand. It was all part of getting my green cert. I'm sorry if it upsets you that I happen to have a lot of Kerry Group shares as does the rest of my family.

The average milk supplier for Kerry Group sends in 70,000 gallons of milk annually, we're sending in over 4 times that so I've done more than my fair share to make the company profitable but it's the men running Kerry Group who deserve 100% of the credit for the company's success. I'm far from an armchair farmer, when your lying down in bed tomorrow morning I'll have a few hours work done already.

And what's this sense of entitlement thing your on about, entitled to what? Entitled to be interested in the growth of a company which I've an awful lot of shares in? If you had as much money's worth of shares as I do then I'm sure you'd share a similar interest.

Also I think the only joke here is that you've never amounted to anything so you've barged into this forum to randomly hurl insults at total strangers because they've got more money than you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Billyballs

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    Hold on a second, I was an Ag College student last year, as part of the course I had to work for a farmer for 3 months. I'm not some farm hand. It was all part of getting my green cert. I'm sorry if it upsets you that I happen to have a lot of Kerry Group shares as does the rest of my family.

The average milk supplier for Kerry Group sends in 70,000 gallons of milk annually, we're sending in over 4 times that so I've done more than my fair share to make the company profitable but it's the men running Kerry Group who deserve 100% of the credit for the company's success. I'm far from an armchair farmer, when your lying down in bed tomorrow morning I'll have a few hours work done already.

And what's this sense of entitlement thing your on about, entitled to what? Entitled to be interested in the growth of a company which I've an awful lot of shares in? If you had as much money's worth of shares as I do then I'm sure you'd share a similar interest.

Also I think the only joke here is that you've never amounted to anything so you've barged into this forum to randomly hurl insults at total strangers because they've got more money than you.

Never amounted to anything says the fella who went working for a farmer and was so bad he wasn't worth paying. Give me a break.
    So you send in over a million litres of milk? Were you not the guy that started this thread saying your shares were being taken by fellas supplying a similar amount of milk?
    Sure if you have all this money what were you moaning over a few quid for power washing some farmers shed.

Never amounted to anything says the fella who went working for a farmer and was so bad he wasn't worth paying. Give me a break.
    So you send in over a million litres of milk? Were you not the guy that started this thread saying your shares were being taken by fellas supplying a similar amount of milk?
    Sure if you have all this money what were you moaning over a few quid for power washing some farmers shed.

The farmer I was working for on work placement was bad with his nerves and spent his days in bed, myself and another workman kept the show on the road for the 3 months I was there, I ran his farm for him and just because I'm wealthy doesn't justify that after all that he paid me €11.40, if you can't see that for the mental illness that it then that's your problem.

And yes I do send in well in excess of a million litres. The problem that I had about the Co Op giving out more patron shares to farmers similar in size to ourselves is that it would've been diluting the rest of our Co Op shares, maybe we would've ended up with twice as many Co Op shares but they'd of only been worth a couple of PLC's each instead of 6.12 PLC's, I hope you understand the basic mathematics of how I'd be at a loss in such a situation?

I don't see how any of what I've said is in anyway offensive and your bitter to the point that it's laughable.

I saw in your other posts that you said you've an interest in farming but you don't come from a farming background. Feel free to send me on your CV in the messenger if your looking for work, I'll show you how it's done by us big farmers! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Magellan Murphy

Your a mighty farmer fair play to you, mind don't fall off that horse some day.

Your a mighty farmer fair play to you, mind don't fall off that horse some day.

You posted your comment 2 minutes after I wrote my post so you almost certainly didn't take the time to read and duely process what I had said. And I was just trying to explain to the man the dynamics of how diluting the shares further wouldn't be beneficial to me, or basically any other shareholder for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Kerry's Valuation is pretty expensive as per my buddy DAVY.
    Sterling weakness is also a negative for them.
    Just gone Ex-Dividend on 13th Oct.
    There are a large volume of sellers right now and with potential earnings downgrades to come from weak sterling.
    GOING LOWER from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

'Keep her lit' KERRY2016

amadain wrote: »
    Kerry's Valuation is pretty expensive as per my buddy DAVY.
    Sterling weakness is also a negative for them.
    Just gone Ex-Dividend on 13th Oct.
    There are a large volume of sellers right now and with potential earnings downgrades to come from weak sterling.
    GOING LOWER from here.

You should get onto the people at the Financial Times and also the people at the investment bank Liberum Capital and let them know they're wrong

http://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/forecasts?s=KRZ:ISE

http://www.thecerbatgem.com/2016/10/14/kerry-group-public-ltd-co-kyga-coverage-initiated-by-analysts-at-liberum-capital.html

I think it's important people remember the purpose of the thread is to discuss our Co Op shares

The farmer I was working for on work placement was bad with his nerves and spent his days in bed, myself and another workman kept the show on the road for the 3 months I was there, I ran his farm for him and just because I'm wealthy doesn't justify that after all that he paid me €11.40, if you can't see that for the mental illness that it then that's your problem.

And yes I do send in well in excess of a million litres. The problem that I had about the Co Op giving out more patron shares to farmers similar in size to ourselves is that it would've been diluting the rest of our Co Op shares, maybe we would've ended up with twice as many Co Op shares but they'd of only been worth a couple of PLC's each instead of 6.12 PLC's, I hope you understand the basic mathematics of how I'd be at a loss in such a situation?

I don't see how any of what I've said is in anyway offensive and your bitter to the point that it's laughable.

I saw in your other posts that you said you've an interest in farming but you don't come from a farming background. Feel free to send me on your CV in the messenger if your looking for work, I'll show you how it's done by us big farmers! :)

I'd say you believe your own lies at this stage!! They just flow out from you!
    I'd say your smart arse attitude is the reason you didn't get paid.
    Do you ever stop and think that people know who that farmer was and here you are making up stories.
    I call bull****e on you kiddo.

I'd say you believe your own lies at this stage!! They just flow out from you!
    I'd say your smart arse attitude is the reason you didn't get paid.
    Do you ever stop and think that people know who that farmer was and here you are making up stories.
    I call bull****e on you kiddo.

Here look leave your jealousy aside and stop ruining this chat myself and the other shareholders were having, that's hardly too much to ask for. Who would I supposedly be impressing if I was being untruthful, its an anonymous forum, why would I make up lies on an anonymous forum to a bunch of other anonymous users? Why reason could I possibly have to lie? Your saying I've got a smart ass attitude because I'm successful. Are you that fella that I was working for or something? The reason he didn't pay me is because he's clean broke and doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out and the poor man just isn't well on top of that then

At the end of the day buddy your not a big shareholder in Kerry Group and you've got no business on this thread, there's plenty other threads for you to troll people on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Every one has a opinion on something and is entitled to express it , but at the same time nobody is really interested in kerry 2016 boasting about his dad's wealth .you can still express opinion with only owning 1 share as every ones possession is their gold .

kerry cow wrote: »
    Every one has a opinion on something and is entitled to express it , but at the same time nobody is really interested in kerry 2016 boasting about his dad's wealth .you can still express opinion with only owning 1 share as every ones possession is their gold .

Myself, fepper and bannerbarry were discussing the share price and buying more Co Op shares when that guy with the new account came along and started going on about how we were armchair farmers and thought that we'd personally made the company so successful and had a sense of entitlement. He didn't share an opinion as such, it was more a case of being generally confrontational and insulting. If he wanted to say Kerry Group is a ****e company or whatever then that would be his opinion and whatever fair enough but the opinion he's been sharing is the opinion he has on me which he's unqualified to make since the man doesn't know me and seemingly hates me because I'm well off.

I'm above all this childish bickering that's going on but I'm astonished at how this man with the new account is so hurt that I'm a young man who happens to have a lot of shares and has a nice farm. My ethos is more so a case of best of luck to everyone and if they have more than me, never would I dislike someone then for such an obscene reason.

If I saw another thread on this website about let's say for example Glanbia shares and if there were people on that with millions worth of those shares discussing the company do you think I'd go onto their thread and start telling them that they're all liars with smart ass attitudes?

And there's a difference between boasting and stating facts. Is anyone out there that sad that it upsets them to the extent that they've to set up an account on an online forum just so they can insult a total stranger because they're well off?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lads will you please keep it civil and stick to the point of the thread! If this doesn't stop there will be formal warnings given. MOD

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Lads will you please keep it civil and stick to the point of the thread! If this doesn't stop there will be formal warnings given. MOD

Two posts removed and no notification. A bit one sided there mods. I can be insulted but cannot retort.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Two posts removed and no notification. A bit one sided there mods. I can be insulted but cannot retort.

No one insulted you. We will remove whatever posts we see fit to remove. We don't need to give notification. We already asked for the posts to be civil. Please do not question a Mod's decision.

You should remove the entire argument so as you have tilted it in favour of another poster. There was nothing inflammatory in the two posts you removed.
    Maybe you should run this one by your boss.

What is the rush kerry 2016 in getting our shares converted ? Will they not still hold there value .
    Personally I hope they are not converted for at least 5 more years .It might just torment Stan a while longer , keeping the milk supplier to mind and not be cast in to history as a distant memory . My source tells me it won't happen for a while longer anyhow .

The milk suppliers will have a say in what happens there alright. The big massive wealthy farmers/Wall Street dollar jockeys and the armchair farmers might not like that but sure there is f'all they can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

If you were a wise man you would be selling plc shares and buying co op shares for the last 20 years you would have made a small fortune. I think our kerry 2016 is more intrested in sniffing out cheap co op shares and wants them converted so he can take over north kerry.

At the end of the day it's our chairman and the Co op board that will decide when to convert and that won't be any time soon .In fairness most farmers are not in any rush as they know their asset is in safe hands and the majority won't be selling plc share if they are converted .
    The only ones that want a conversion are the belly up ones . Old story asset rich .Cash poor .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

kerry cow wrote: »
    At the end of the day it's our chairman and the Co op board that will decide when to convert and that won't be any time soon .In fairness most farmers are not in any rush as they know their asset is in safe hands and the majority won't be selling plc share if they are converted .
    The only ones that want a conversion are the belly up ones . Old story asset rich .Cash poor .
    So you want to leave a board in place thats contributing nothing to the value of existing shares,would you let your best cattle at the mart if you didn't sell and hope they'd be in good hands till the next sale?I'll take my shares in my safe hands,thanks

fepper wrote: »
    So you want to leave a board in place thats contributing nothing to the value of existing shares,would you let your best cattle at the mart if you didn't sell and hope they'd be in good hands till the next sale?I'll take my shares in my safe hands,thanks

Ah but you forget that it's the fellas milking that are in no rush. It suits them for they are looking past the quick Euro.
    You should have kept the cows another while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Ah but you forget that it's the fellas milking that are in no rush. It suits them for they are looking past the quick Euro.
    You should have kept the cows another while.

Is it not the milk supplier farmers of Kerry Agribusiness that are selling shares at less than half their true value that are suffering most by the current structure?
    Milk suppliers under financial pressure need to sell their golden goose at a fraction of the real value.
    Every farmer is different.
    Give the farmer or former farmer or ancestor of a farmer or investor the option to realise the full value of his or her shares. Let them leave the shares in Kerry Group PLC if they choose to do so.

Each shareholder has around 300 shares on average. These are worth €134,000 each approx if fully converted.
    Today a shareholder can only realise about €70k for these shares because of the dysfunction structures in place. Every shareholder is unique... Some may sell the shares to put to greater use in a better investment or start a business.... give him or her the choice to make the decision that is best for them.
    Having shares trading at less than half their true value is scandalous.

WHY DOES THE BOARD OF KERRY CO-OP PUNISH IT'S SHAREHOLDERS AND MILK SUPPLIERS LIKE THIS??

<deleted comments removed>

I didn't think he was referencing you directly.
    Why would the wet shareholders sell up if they are making enough from farming.
    They are taking the long term view, why would they sell out and have no control over anything.
    Weather ye like it or not milk price is more important to these people then share price.
    Kerry2016 your off on a tangent again throwing insults. When your all grown up and trying to making a living from cows you may regret your current stance.
    When the shares are gone, they are gone, milk price is the long term goal.
    Ye boys should have stayed milking.

I didn't think he was referencing you directly.
    Why would the wet shareholders sell up if they are making enough from farming.
    They are taking the long term view, why would they sell out and have no control over anything.
    Weather ye like it or not milk price is more important to these people then share price.
    Kerry2016 your off on a tangent again throwing insults. When your all grown up and trying to making a living from cows you may regret your current stance.
    When the shares are gone, they are gone, milk price is the long term goal.
    Ye boys should have stayed milking.

I'm milking a couple hundred cows? Stop pretending that you know what your talking about and stop making me cringe. Back on day 1 that the Co Op was founded decades before I was born my family put a lot of money into the Co Op from buying a tremendous amount of shares so we've got an awful lot of PLC's anyway. I think it's immoral though that those Co Op board members are being paid allmosy €1 million annually for their made up jobs. Out of the top 15 processors in the EU Kerry Group are ranked as being the 6th best on price paid for the milk, bear in mind Ireland is a very cheap place to produce milk due to our abundance of grass compared to mainland Europe where their lack of rainfall results in a lack of grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Kerry2016 banned for 1 week.

Post deleted.

tHB

I'm milking a couple hundred cows? Stop pretending that you know what your talking about and stop making me cringe. Back on day 1 that the Co Op was founded decades before I was born my family put a lot of money into the Co Op from buying a tremendous amount of shares so we've got an awful lot of PLC's anyway. I think it's immoral though that those Co Op board members are being paid allmosy €1 million annually for their made up jobs. Out of the top 15 processors in the EU Kerry Group are ranked as being the 6th best on price paid for the milk, bear in mind Ireland is a very cheap place to produce milk due to our abundance of grass compared to mainland Europe where their lack of rainfall results in a lack of grass.

You obviously read your last statement in the ifj or your just not experienced enough to know anything about the myth of cheap grass based milk.
    Three years in a row of record gain harvest makes the rest of the world match Ireland for cheap milk and they have cows that'll pump out 10,000ltrs per year compared to Ireland 5500ltr average they can turn on the taps at will.
    Added to that mainland Europe have very cheap interest rates for farmers. Cheap credit and cheap grain x scale = cheap milk.
    There won't be much of a living from milk if your going to bang that drum kiddo.

At least at last we agree that some of us have inherited our wealth and shares and didn't just turn 18 and pull it all out our ass in 2 years .
    Be thankful to the older generation and our co op board and plc directors for the wealth our share holders enjoy .
    I should hope that a milking dairy farmer will never from today onward sell a share to prop milk price .
    <mod snip> needs to grow up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

The older generation that invested in the coops beginning are the ones that deserve to realise the full value now for their forward thinking at that time,the plc is now the new investment for todays dairy farmers and they should buy into it if they so wish and thank the last generation by at least giving them their just rewards for leaving dairy farmers a great platform for future prosperity

• Advertisement

fepper wrote: »
    The older generation that invested in the coops beginning are the ones that deserve to realise the full value now for their forward thinking at that time,the plc is now the new investment for todays dairy farmers and they should buy into it if they so wish and thank the last generation by at least giving them their just rewards for leaving dairy farmers a great platform for future prosperity

Do you think the farmers of today should get their shares for supplying milk the same as you got yours?
    The money being made by the company by processing milk is still adding to the company's profits same as the old days.
    You've no skin in the game now so your only looking at the small picture.
    I got mine screw the rest attitude is small minded and greedy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement