Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Billyballs wrote: »
    Do you think the farmers of today should get their shares for supplying milk the same as you got yours?
    The money being made by the company by processing milk is still adding to the company's profits same as the old days.
    You've no skin in the game now so your only looking at the small picture.
    I got mine screw the rest attitude is small minded and greedy.

Billyballs, do you milk many cows do you milk and do you have Kerry co-op shares?

Would you like these shares to be worth more than they trade at today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Billyballs

Billyballs, do you milk many cows do you milk and do you have Kerry co-op shares?

Would you like these shares to be worth more than they trade at today?

No cows no shares, my opinion is that farmers should be paid properly for what they produce and have a say in the company they supply.
    Shares are only a bonus to farmers. Look on the milk price threads and see how many shareholders are happy with what glanbia are doing to them. Ye boys want Kerry to follow the same path for your own greed farmers want to be sustainable.
    While we are on the subject, how many shares have you and how many cows do you milk, did you ever milk a cow??Where did you get the majority of your shares??

No cows no shares, my opinion is that farmers should be paid properly for what they produce and have a say in the company they supply.
    Shares are only a bonus to farmers. Look on the milk price threads and see how many shareholders are happy with what glanbia are doing to them. Ye boys want Kerry to follow the same path for your own greed farmers want to be sustainable.
    While we are on the subject, how many shares have you and how many cows do you milk, did you ever milk a cow??Where did you get the majority of your shares??

You know quite an amount about milk considering you do not supply. Did you milk cows in younger years or did you get a green cert like myself?

What's your concern on Co op share conversions if you don't have shares?
    Re your questions read my posts over the last few years and you will have those answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Slightly off topic but there is another co-op in Kerry that is causing even more friction among it's members according to today's Independent. Could be worse if you had a stake in that co-op by the sound of things....

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/farmers-families-and-funerals-split-over-the-running-of-a-small-kerry-coop-35137302.html

You know quite an amount about milk considering you do not supply. Did you milk cows in younger years or did you get a green cert like myself?

What's your concern on Co op share conversions if you don't have shares?
    Re your questions read my posts over the last few years and you will have those answers.

I have studied the co-op movement and the move away from it. That's where my interests lie.
    The gains from a conversion will be short term and ultimately fatal to dairy farmers in the Kerry region.
    Farmers need to have some control in the company who pays them.
    Short term greed like your and your buddies are pushing will benefit no one in the long term.
    You may as well post answers to my previous questions now as I have answered yours civilly. Or if you would like me to cast my eye over your previous and report back here I will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Do you think the farmers of today should get their shares for supplying milk the same as you got yours?
    The money being made by the company by processing milk is still adding to the company's profits same as the old days.
    You've no skin in the game now so your only looking at the small picture.
    I got mine screw the rest attitude is small minded and greedy.
    I supplied Kerry coop and I bought coop shares with the money I got for my milk supplied to Kerry coop and Kerry coop paid me,I PAID OK,now Kerry don't process or sell milk and if I was supplying milk now it would be to a different company namely Kerry plc who would pay me for my milk and I'd use the money to buy plc shares,SIMPLE AS

I have studied the co-op movement and the move away from it. That's where my interests lie.
    The gains from a conversion will be short term and ultimately fatal to dairy farmers in the Kerry region.
    Farmers need to have some control in the company who pays them.
    Short term greed like your and your buddies are pushing will benefit no one in the long term.
    You may as well post answers to my previous questions now as I have answered yours civilly. Or if you would like me to cast my eye over your previous and report back here I will.

Excellent... where did you do your studies and research as I have a very strong knowledge in this field.
    Start a new thread and I'll debate all day with you on this topic of co op movement... The Kerry Way was my read.

Who's Co-Op model have the largest co op in the world followed?

Looking forward to this banner, should be interesting debate with this expert

fepper wrote: »
    I supplied Kerry coop and I bought coop shares with the money I got for my milk supplied to Kerry coop and Kerry coop paid me,I PAID OK,now Kerry don't process or sell milk and if I was supplying milk now it would be to a different company namely Kerry plc who would pay me for my milk and I'd use the money to buy plc shares,SIMPLE AS

You've no skin in the game just like your buddy. It's greed pure greed.

Had a quick look at some of your previous and your banging this drum for over 5yrs and you've had fellas like me stating the same argument back at you.

It's time to look at the long term Barry not your arse pocket, successful farmers doing well working in harmony with Kerry Agri will increase your share price, it'll just take longer.

If you supplied milk to Kerry at the time you say you would have being given shares by the coop every yr this remember is no longer the case dairy farmers live and die by milk price.
    Very few ex milkers went out and bought shares after they stopped milking.

Looking forward to this banner, should be interesting debate with this expert

Don't be shy now fepper your a bit of a genius at making money by doing as little as possible be sure to add something here.

• Advertisement

Excellent... where did you do your studies and research as I have a very strong knowledge in this field.
    Start a new thread and I'll debate all day with you on this topic of co op movement... The Kerry Way was my read.

Only have my inter cert so I probably wouldn't be as educated at yourself and your two buddies here.
    If your such a follower of the movement why are you trying your best to untangle the final piece.
    You can't admit that what your after is down to pure greed nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The sniping & baiting of others in this thread stops now. If you cannot discuss the topic without being snide & uncivil - do not post here again or you will be banned.

tHB

Don't be shy now fepper your a bit of a genius at making money by doing as little as possible be sure to add something here.

You studied coop movement,now explain Kerry coops business model now in 2016 and in the future ,thanks for genius complement,life is good !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Well lads will ye tell me what ye think is a better investment than having your shares tied up with kerry .why would ye be in such a rush to convert especially when ye have so many plc share to liquidate . Sure why would any one want to liquidate when you money is in great hands .
    Relax .It would be different if you felt the market was slipping and you asset was eroding .
    Some people don't want to milk cows but instead liquidate assets to live .bad business .

Cows and milk are not part of Kerry coop anymore,Kerry coop is shareholders only and if you want your shares sleeping in there thats fine but others want other options with their shares,it called democracy!!

Barry when you have to change the subject you've lost the debate.

Cows and milk are not part of Kerry coop anymore,Kerry coop is shareholders only and if you want your shares sleeping in there thats fine but others want other options with their shares,it called democracy!!

Ah but that's where your wrong the wet shareholders still have power!!

Ah but that's where your wrong the wet shareholders still have power!!

There slowly coming out of their deep slumber thinking that they are still supplying milk to a COOP and the shock of actually coming to terms with they are supplying to a plc should cure that problem

Barry when you have to change the subject you've lost the debate.

You are on this Kerry Co Op shares thread because of your interests in Co Operatives... right?

I have a similar very keen interest and am more than willing to debate the history of the current and the future of the co op movement with you...

If you are not interested in debating the pros and cons of the co operative structure...and you have no Co op shares at all...and you are not a milk supplier..... one wonders why would you even join this thread on Kerry Co Op shares?

You are on this Kerry Co Op shares thread because of your interests in Co Operatives... right?

I have a similar very keen interest and am more than willing to debate the history of the current and the future of the co op movement with you...

If you are not interested in debating the pros and cons of the co operative structure...and you have no Co op shares at all...and you are not a milk supplier..... one wonders why would you even join this thread on Kerry Co Op shares?

Unfortunately for you a your cosy cartel of opinion here it's a free country and I can have my views and air them on what is a public forum the exact same as yourself.

• Advertisement

There slowly coming out of their deep slumber thinking that they are still supplying milk to a COOP and the shock of actually coming to terms with they are supplying to a plc should cure that problem

I think your in a bit of shock that your not getting your way. It's unfortunate that you have such a low opinion of your former contemporaries

Unfortunately for you a your cosy cartel of opinion here it's a free country and I can have my views and air them on what is a public forum the exact same as yourself.

100%, you are very much entitled to your opinion..... The problem is that you have a different opinion depending upon which Alias you choose to log in to this thread as.... stop wasting your valuable time... We know how busy you are.

100%, you are very much entitled to your opinion..... The problem is that you have a different opinion depending upon which Alias you choose to log in to this thread as.... stop wasting your valuable time... We know how busy you are.

Ah sure I never said I was busy Barry. I don't know what your talking about an Alias my opinion has been pretty consistent. Your just annoyed that someone has a different and valid opinion from yourself.
    And to be clear I'll be free to express my opinion on this thread the same as yourself.

Come on lads stop the locker room chat .
    We are all big boys here .I hoped all that hot air would have blown over when <mod snip>was put back in his box .
    It would be much more informative if we could hear the whispers of the inner circle of kerry share direction from informed people that are on here .

kerry cow wrote: »
    Come on lads stop the locker room chat .
    We are all big boys here .I hoped all that hot air would have blown over when patrick was put back in his box .
    It would be much more informative if we could hear the whispers of the inner circle of kerry share direction from informed people that are on here .

But you said that your shares are in good safe hands and trust them 100% and and want them to keep them for a good bit longer yet want to hear whispers on share direction from inner circle,make up your mind here

BannerBarry - 3 days off for breach of charter.

Post deleted.

tHB

Poor banner I don't think he deserved that,he's a good honest poster on here

Totally agree with you .I am happy with there performance but when you buy shares you like to keep in the know what the whispers are .

Who's performance are you happy with,coop or plc??

• Advertisement

kerry cow - 3 days off for breach of charter.

Posts edited.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement