Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Free at last lads... have been on the top shelf since the injustice I suffered a few days ago.

Back to business.... Our co op shares are worth €440 per share fully converted now.
    This is after adding in the One51 and the cash in bank.

Big drop since the €500 per share summer valuation but still meaningful from the petty €200+ prices our Directors allow the shares be transferred to some investor at each board meeting.

We need to call our Co-Op Directors to act in our interests here and put a minimum transfer price on these valuable co op shares so shareholders can get a realistic price for their assets while we wait for the Kerry Co op Directors to finalise a Share Conversion... This has now taken 3.5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Welcome back Barry and a very good starting again statement,I suppose we will put up with the multiple poster and their multiple personality disorder

fepper wrote: »
    Welcome back Barry and a very good starting again statement,I suppose we will put up with the multiple poster and their multiple personality disorder

I feel reformed!!
    Yea we will keep the thread on track going forward and any diversionaries need to be asked to move off the thread. This is a Kerry co-op shares and all directly related topics only..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@BannerBarry - I'll remind you that commenting on a mod action on-thread is an actionable offence.

@fepper - If you suspect that a poster is contravening site rules - report the post or PM the Mods. Meanwhile - please stay on topic & do not make accusations on thread.

A zero-tolerance policy is in effect on this thread from now on as the mod team have had enough of the carry-on from all sides of this 'debate'.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Billyballs

I feel reformed!!
    Yea we will keep the thread on track going forward and any diversionaries need to be asked to move off the thread. This is a Kerry co-op shares and all directly related topics only..

It's great you feel refreshed, welcome back. I'm looking forward to posting again on this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

If kerry Co op shares are in joint names , not husband and wife .has any one any experience in splitting them .That is creating 2 certs one in each name , are they treated as €1.25 each or market value for cgt ?? .

What's the relationship between both persons on the cert currently

Brother and sister .were milking cows at one stage and patronage shares issued in both names .One cert .now they both want half each as they both have family and wants to keep for inheritance some time . If one passes now t,he other gets all and other family get nothing .
    I am going milking back home in spring and need to sort the two of them first .
    Family problems seem to never end .

I know from two who had a 50/50 house share that when one wanted to buy number 2 out that Stamp duty and cgt was payable at the market value of the house at the time of the deal for the 50% not owned.
    I would think this would be the same for the shares.

Kerry2016 might know a bit more on this as he is fairly to date on share trading amd market value and all that.

Agree banner but in this situation they only want their 50 / 50 share.
    Not one taking the lot .

• Advertisement

Did you try Kerry Group share department?
    They should be able to help you.

They may be able to split the share certificate in two for your father and aunt... I'm only guessing... Best get on to them fast before the Group kick the Co op out of the building or charge for the administration they do for the co op.

Cant PM

Blocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

fepper wrote: »
    Blocked

Are you not able to PM anyone? I've a similar problem

Did you try Kerry Group share department?
    They should be able to help you.

They may be able to split the share certificate in two for your father and aunt... I'm only guessing... Best get on to them fast before the Group kick the Co op out of the building or charge for the administration they do for the co op.

I tried send you a PM just there Banner, it said your inbox is full and you've to delete some before you can receive my message

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Check your account settings as it may be set not to accept PM's.

a/c setting ok here, was fine yesterday and all before that

Anyone look at the share price this morning? Slipped down to €67.88 for a while, the price of ourselves and Glanbias shares seem to have gone to complete **** and Aryzta are doing pretty alright at the moment, Brexit doesn't seem to have effected them

I know a business man who sold all his plc shares at 82 euro and he had millions .said the ass was going to fall out of them and if he wanted he could buy back when they floored .I though he was mad but looks like he knows what he is at .
    Where's the bottom .

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Watching shares going up and down is not a very nice pastime I used to do it and it would put you in bad form when they droped now I only sell 100 every year usaly sell early summer for the holidays so if they are bad it will be a week in ballybunnion and if they are good it will be a trip for family to Florida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Batten down the hatches matey, you'll will be lucky to even see Ballyb this year.

Hard to call a bottom, but we're already at the 20th August 2015 lows, so €63 then €57 barriers to be broken imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

amadain wrote: »
    Batten down the hatches matey, you'll will be lucky to even see Ballyb this year.

Hard to call a bottom, but we're already at the 20th August 2015 lows, so €63 then €57 barriers to be broken imho.

I am in them for the long hall I have seen the bottom not long ago sold them for 14 euro sold some for 80+ they might be worth somewhere in the middle of that,

What makes you think they'll come down to around €57?

I'm perplexed as to why they keep falling. I suppose it's turning into a perfect storm between the implications of the Brexit vote, low oil prices and presumably being somewhat overpriced in the first place.

Something I stumbled across which made interesting reading, gets fairly technical but still a good insight from what I could pick out from it http://quotes.morningstar.com/stock/analysis-report?t=XDUB:KRZ&region=irl&culture=en-US&productcode=MLE&cur=

Are we heading for a melt down , britexi , president trump . Kerry shares to half ??? Nothing is now beyond belief .
    Sure any smart investor on here would sell at 82 euro and buy back his stock at the bottom . 25 % gain at the moment .!!!
    Someone is laughing and some not .
    Where is the bottom ??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Closed at 62.70 for the day, down 3.20 from yesterday.

A bad, bad day to say the least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭NovemberJersey

Sold a good shot of them at €80 but was putting them into property, they just happened to be making €80 that day, it's there to be seen by everyone that our P/E ratio was a tad bit high for a company that's so heavily involved in consumer foods, mind you it has fallen a lot since… there has been a lot of uncertainty and overselling of food stocks across of late so don't get me wrong, the prices have been skewed… as for trump it would strike me that a lot of what's going on is typical hysteria, although himself and the sennet seemingly plan to be cutting ties with NATO that would be very detrimental to all of Europe but it's not something that would effect the iseq or any share exchanges a whole pile, Trumps relationship with the UK could ultimately prove for his presidency to be beneficial for all of Ireland because if he doesn't do a good trade deal with the UK then that's really going to turn Brexit upside down… I read on a link above that the shares correct price is circa €67 and there will always be further fluctuations but the fear that's there at the moment due to trump and Brexit is really adding fuel to the fire

Batten down the hatches matey...Hard to call a bottom, but we're already at the 20th August 2015 lows, so €63 then €57 barriers to be broken imho.

Read my lips...

AND downgrades yet to follow

• Advertisement

Kerry Group have done nothing wrong in the last 6 months since the share price fell over 20%.
    Kerry trade off 20 times earnings now and are growing year over year since 1986... not many companies can boast that acholade.

Shares are always only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them.

Remember the summer purchase by Danone of WhiteWave for more than 50 times earnings.
    Based on this.. and Kerry going to make euro 3.20 or so this year in earnings Kerry Group could be worth more than €163 based on those huge valuations... €100 over their closing price on Friday.
    The funny thing here WhiteWave don't have significantly higher margins than Kerry or a higher growth record.

I wouldn't short Kerry Group just yet boys!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement