Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is there an interim dividend being paid this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Yes... you will be paid €0.168 per Group share on Friday coming in Interim Dividend.
    The dividend is growing around 12% year over year.

Next year the co op should receive over €13.9m in dividends from Kerry Group plc for our 24 million shares invested in Kerry Group

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Yes... you will be paid €0.168 per Group share on Friday coming in Interim Dividend.
    The dividend is growing around 12% year over year.

Next year the co op should receive over €13.9m in dividends from Kerry Group plc for our 24 million shares invested in Kerry Group
    I went back and looked at the interim management report again. How did I miss it the first time? :)

Cheers for the info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

amadain wrote: »
    Batten down the hatches matey...Hard to call a bottom, but we're already at the 20th August 2015 lows, so 63 then 57 barriers to be broken imho.

Read my lips...

Do you care to enlighten the rest of us about what's going on with the share price? Is it correct that the food ingredients sector is having a tough time as people are selling up to invest in the financial services sector which is undoubtedly going to do well via the deregulation that Trumps presidency is going to give way to ?

*** ATTENTION ***

Great news for all Co Op shareholders

The people have spoken and last night the chairman of the Co Op got voted off the board, it's all over for him

He's just an ordinary shareholder now like any of the rest of us and won't be able to try give our shares away to strangers or anything

It looks like his plot to grab our shares didn't get him very far

• Advertisement

Kerry2016 thank you for sharing this information with us.
    This is very positive and badly needed, potentially positive information for us Kerry Co Op shareholders.

Let's hope the new blood added to the board are interested in representing ALL the shareholders going forward.
    Their duties as Directors are to shareholders and they need to listen to the wishes of all the shareholders.

They are personally liable to us and should they try and not act in our interested as a whole again they WILL face legal action.

The ousted Directors have presided over the disolvement of over €500 million in shareholder value in the last 6 months.
    Here's hoping the new directors do not put personal interests and the interests of the minority above the interests of the majority

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Billyballs

Kerry2016 thank you for sharing this information with us.
    This is very positive and badly needed, potentially positive information for us Kerry Co Op shareholders.

Let's hope the new blood added to the board are interested in representing ALL the shareholders going forward.
    Their duties as Directors are to shareholders and they need to listen to the wishes of all the shareholders.

They are personally liable to us and should they try and not act in our interested as a whole again they WILL face legal action.

The ousted Directors have presided over the disolvement of over €500 million in shareholder value in the last 6 months.
    Here's hoping the new directors do not put personal interests and the interests of the minority above the interests of the majority

Barry Who are the minority and who are the majority?

Great recovery in Kerry Group PLC shares today and over the last few days.
    Kerry Co op shares are again worth €400 per share if fully converted based on the Groups closing share price.

Billyballs wrote: »
    Barry Who are the minority and who are the majority?

The last time that there was a vote on getting the Kerry Co Op shares converted into PLC shares 90% of the people who did vote voted in favour of getting the shares converted into PLC's so you can be figuring it out for yourself who is in the majority

I also have some great news for my fellow shareholders in Kerry Co Op that read this forum, apparently the next man that's being touted to become chairman has only got one thing on his mind and that's to get rid of the Co Op for once and for all and convert every single last share… it's all coming to a head now

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Lots of share buyers on Friday (big volume) BUT that also means a lot of SELLERS

Buy NESTLE SA imvho

• Advertisement

Lots of share buyers on Friday (big volume) BUT that also means a lot of SELLERS

Buy NESTLE SA imvho

The volume of shares sold was about 2% higher than the average for the company, that hardly equates to a lot of sellers?

http://www.kerrygroup.com/investors/investor-centre/share-price-tools/

Lots of (short) Sellers - the €60 barrier will be broken invho

You see Amandain we bought a lot of our shares on day 1 of the whole thing back in 1972, we backed Kerry Group to the last when it's global HQ was a caravan in a field here in Listowel, our PLC shares have only cost us a few cent each, I've every faith in the supreme management by the men running Kerry Group that they'll sort out whatever needs to be sorted out, if the shares do drop below €60 which I doubt they will then so be it

Can you actually explain the points you make? Kerry's P/E ratio is 21 or so and the industry average is 28, I've read repeatedly that they're being oversold recently, big difference between that and being overbought… in all seriousness I would like it if you'd share your opinions but furthermore explain them

On the Friday volume does it not just show that the chart guys all jumped on the Kerry band wagon once Kerry broke past some chart technical levels that suggest the share price will now go higher?
    Any company growing EPS at an average of nearly 10% year over year in the last 10 years can easily justify 20 times earnings.. 20 times earnings is 16 times 2018 earnings remember if those growth rates continue.

I'm sure the currency movements can help Kerry. Remember the last time sterling was weak.. We found out during the Pork contamination scandal that Denny Sausages were UK sourced...
    Leave it to the Kerry Group boys and they will extract a few extra pounds out of Brexit and the wild currency movements that are happening around the world.

A year ago when the dollar stengthened 1% Kerry Group share price strengthened 0.5% or so... why is that methodology gone now I wonder with the dollar at 1.05 and half Kerry profits in the US?

On the Friday volume does it not just show that the chart guys all jumped on the Kerry band wagon once Kerry broke past some chart technical levels that suggest the share price will now go higher?
    Any company growing EPS at an average of nearly 10% year over year in the last 10 years can easily justify 20 times earnings.. 20 times earnings is 16 times 2018 earnings remember if those growth rates continue.

I'm sure the currency movements can help Kerry. Remember the last time sterling was weak.. We found out during the Pork contamination scandal that Denny Sausages were UK sourced...
    Leave it to the Kerry Group boys and they will extract a few extra pounds out of Brexit and the wild currency movements that are happening around the world.

A year ago when the dollar stengthened 1% Kerry Group share price strengthened 0.5% or so... why is that methodology gone now I wonder with the dollar at 1.05 and half Kerry profits in the US?

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of absolutely anything that guy says tbh Banner, have a look at his other posts, he doesn't strike me as much of a Wall Street guru and if he ever does prove to be right I'd put it down to coincidence

The Irish Times wrote an article lately which talked about how food companies have been having a tough time lately as people are putting their money into oil companies and buying shares in banks which are expected to prosper under Trump…… type in "nestle share price" to google and a graph of their share price of the past 12 months will come up, its pretty much the exact same trajectory as Kerry Groups has been

Around €70 is a fair enough share price for Kerry at the minute but these things usually take a while to correct themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

I wonder would the fact that kerry paid the dividend on friday and a lot of investors reinvest their divedend back in the company, probably is a reason for the high volume of transactions

978k shares traded on the day worth €63m.
    Divided of 16.8 cent paid to 175m shares on same day.
    Kerry Co op (13.7%) put the dividend in the bank we know so the maximum that could be reinvested would be €25m of the €63m shares traded on the day imo... its probably not the full answer to the high volume and share price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Lot of farmers opening post today and getting bold letters from revenue, looking for the additional income on patronage shares from the coop.

That's scandalous. How far back are they going?
    Are they adding interest and penalties also?

Have try written to Glanbia Co-Op shareholders also looking for this BIK?

• Advertisement

11,12 & 13 at the moment, 65, 75 and 90 are the share values being applied by revenue, added to income to calculate the additional income tax, Prsi and USC plus interest and penalties.

Would they not be better off taxing the International Property investors and the Multinationals than scre**ng farmers over in the worst farming year in modern history... pure miserable strategy to go backwards...
    Will they apply this to all Co op's and not just Kerry Milk suppliers?

Don't know, but Kerry Coop at the moment, I suppose they will see how much they make, the interest will be the big killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Can you explain that simply to me about values per year and back tax calculations.

Lets say you got 100 shares per year;

The added income would be:

2011 6500
    2012 7500
    2013 9000

This would than be added to your income for those years and the additional tax would have to paid over, plus interest and penalties. The penalty you would probably get away with 3%, but the interest would be a killer (not to mind the extra tax).

There is only a few letters gone out at the moment, there might be a full roll out.

There's no fines or penalties attached to it, I just got the letter

For every patron co op share you got in '11 you've to pay €65, so 200 co op shares = €13,000

For every patron co op share in '12 it's €80, every patron share in '13 it's €90

They've sent this out to the biggest suppliers only

I'd advise everyone who gets these letters to reply to the revenue with solicitors letters

They've no legal basis and for the original shareholders who's co op shares got diluted with the patron shares scheme we owe clean sweet **** all coz our shares got robbed off us, we lost massive amounts of money thanks to the patron shares scheme and now they're trying to tax us on that

You don't pay 13,000, it's added to your income for 2011 and taxed accordingly depending on your marginal rate same for 202 and 2013. It might not say anything about interest and penalties but you will be charged them.

You don't pay 13,000, it's added to your income for 2011 and taxed accordingly depending on your marginal rate same for 202 and 2013. It might not say anything about interest and penalties but you will be charged them.

Yeah sorry your right, if you were in the top tax bracket you'd just pay 50% or whatever on the €13,000

This is only the start they're gonna go charging us for all the previous years too if they get their way, it's gonna run into crazy money

• Advertisement

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry your right, if you were in the top tax bracket you'd just pay 50% or whatever on the €13,000

This is only the start they're gonna go charging us for all the previous years too if they get their way, it's gonna run into crazy money

They can if they wish nut I think they will do from 2011 to 2013 and leave it at that, which is small comfort to anyone who gets the letter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement