Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

The only.people to stop their money going down the toilet is the b and c hold ers as the milk producers is blinded by the love of 1972 da de da .
    The b and c holders are interest in cash and like I said before there is a appetite by a certain few for a kerry 2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

This thread seems to have lots of visitors over the year,I'm sure the coop board directors visit it to bring back to boardroom meeting the goss
    We're on about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

fepper wrote: »
    This thread seems to have lots of visitors over the year,I'm sure the coop board directors visit it to bring back to boardroom meeting the goss
    We're on about

We are seen by the board as the Garda McCabe.. . Tarnished for telling the truth.. .. blacken our views and that of the majority of the shareholders and keep the co op doing the wrong thing for shareholders..

I'd say Ostrich tactics by the Board... hope it will go away... They may form a committee to do a Strategic Review into closing the Thread!

The old tactics of keep fellas poor and they will do whatever you want is the mantra by the Co op.

Drag another 10 years out of the co op and leave shareholders suffer on is the likely viewpoint at Board level.
    At this stage I would nearly agree to them getting a huge tax free redundancy package for loss of office if they converted all the shares... see when we are poor we are likely to agree to do whatever they want ;-)

Barry is that really you??,that statement comes from a broken down by the system man and not a anti coop warrior

Barry is that really you??,that statement comes from a broken down by the system man and not a anti coop warrior

Sorry fepper.... I'm back on the gargle :-(..... I had a moment of weakness. .. just after a black coffee and thinking straight again!

We know someone is going to have to get rich before we get our Kerry Co op share value entitlement......

These boys see themselves controlling €1.8 billion and as Dellboy would say... there's got to be an earner in it for us Rodney... As thr Strategic Review expenses run out there will need some income supplementation of some type to vacate the post...

its no different than the Government Quangos that get set up to monitor Agri Entitlements!

• Advertisement

Check out the Dealer online in the IFJ tonight. "The dealer understands that Brian Leslie will now not be taking up the position of Chief executive officer (CEO) with Kerry co-op."

It's hardly that the money wasn't sufficient?

Check out the Dealer online in the IFJ tonight. "The dealer understands that Brian Leslie will now not be taking up the position of Chief executive officer (CEO) with Kerry co-op."

It's hardly that the money wasn't sufficient?

Maybe he took exception to called "A RAT" on this thread if this works maybe we should go the vermin route with the other board directors

Maybe he took exception to called "A RAT" on this thread if this works maybe we should go the vermin route with the other board directors

1 down 28 more to go.
    The current structure is set to protect the co op board and not act in the interests of the members so maybe we are left with no alternative

1 down 28 more to go.
    The current structure is set to protect the co op board and not act in the interests of the members so maybe we are left with no alternative

I'm sure there's some clink in the armour that could be exploited somewhere Barry as it cant keep going on as a private members club with full control at their discretion

What I find odd about this thread is the fact that so many view but few engage .
    O why so shy

• Advertisement

kerry cow wrote: »
    What I find odd about this thread is the fact that so many view but few engage .
    O why so shy

the few of us that keep this thread going must be seen as theologians on this subject that our viewing figures are so good

To see what's going on at glanbia , I would be very worried about my investment of I was a dry shareholder .All your future going into a milk processing plant that the plc doesn't want .

To see what's going on at glanbia , I would be very worried about my investment of I was a dry shareholder .All your future going into a milk processing plant that the plc doesn't want .

Would you think buying a low margin Agribusiness would be in the interests of 73% of the Co Op dry shareholders?

There is a legal system there to stop actions that are not in the interests of the shareholders. ... This legal system will be used in the event of such rogue actions.

If some A shareholders want to buy the Agribusiness after the co op is fully converted they are entitled to do so with their post conversion money.. I would encourage it.

My converted Group shares will rise 10% on the day with such a great announcement I would think.

I suppose the idea in the first place was to provide processing facilities for milk for n Kerry dairy farmers for that investment so cant argue against that plan,its the massive appreciation in that initial investment by those farmers then that was achieved by Denis brosnan and his team then and now, no farmer would increase that worth by just farming only so all credit to management here but hard to know how to proceed here

Convert the shares and let everyone do what they like with the money .Personally I would not like to invest in a new kerry 2 .let the plc continue to purchase the milk .At the end of the day they will pay the same as every one else .my money is best left in the plc and not the co op.
    You would think now with all the uncertainty that the old co op share price would struggle ??

I think you should be looking at the coop share price x6.12 for the future

Convert the shares and let everyone do what they like with the money .Personally I would not like to invest in a new kerry 2 .let the plc continue to purchase the milk .At the end of the day they will pay the same as every one else .my money is best left in the plc and not the co op.
    You would think now with all the uncertainty that the old co op share price would struggle ??
    I think all this speculation that Kerry coop would or could buy back milk processing facilities is only clouding the conversion argument,they wasn't even a whisper about doing this at last AGM

I think all this speculation that Kerry coop would or could buy back milk processing facilities is only clouding the conversion argument,they wasn't even a whisper about doing this at last AGM

Leave the milk processing problems with a company and staff that can efficiently manage them.
    Our 28 Farmer Directors are not experienced in this.
    Our Kerry co op shareholders have gone the clever route and converted Co op shares and the average land in parts of Kerry make high prices due to this windfall money.

Glanbia are going buying an Agribusiness that has artificial profits based on low milk buy price and Co op shareholder funds topping up the milk cheques to keep suppliers from complaining.

Next year the Glanbia Co-Op op funds may be gone, the milk price paid to the farmers will have to rise and low and behold their investment in the Agribusiness profits will be lower.
    It's hard not to see this ending in tears imo.

I do not understand how Glanbia plc share price didn't rise more yesterday on the news that the poor farmers are taking away the PLCs problem for them.

Good post there Barry and a common sense approach to the Kerry plc route that rightly has the correct business model in place

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Are the Kerry Coop Accounts published anywhere, would be interesting to see if the directors holdings are disclosed.

• Advertisement

Are the Kerry Coop Accounts published anywhere, would be interesting to see if the directors holdings are disclosed.

The Co op accounts are published every year.
    If a shareholder wants a copy of the accounts and rules the Co op have to supply if you pay them 5 pence.
    Do it to remind them how outdated their rules are!

PLC'S have to disclose in the accounts how many shares directord have.
    I don't understand why the Co op don't and they are a €1.7 billion company.
    For ethical reasons they should be made disclose this.

Would be interesting to see if Directors are flogging shares or buying them up in wife's Maiden names or Daughters married names or something like that!

It would also be interesting to know how many coop share transfers were approved by the board in the last say 5yrs

It would also be interesting to know how many coop share transfers were approved by the board in the last say 5yrs

In the annual accounts they show the shares by Shareholder Category (A B C) rolled to the nearest million (conveniently)!
    They should a 0.1 million move from A's to B's or C's most years so we can figure between family transfers, fellas no longer milking and all there may be over 50k shares transferred each year.

Would be interesting to see if Directors are flogging shares or buying them up in wife's Maiden names or Daughters married names or something like that![/QUOTE]

If this was the case Barry,a conversion would definitely be the ultimate aim

Would be interesting to see if Directors are flogging shares or buying them up in wife's Maiden names or Daughters married names or something like that!

If this was the case Barry,a conversion would definitely be the ultimate aim[/QUOTE]

Ciarrai Abu2s point was very valid. What are the Directors doing. We don't know but are speculating somewhat should they be selling it's a very bad sign. Should they be buying (but not allowed for insider trading reasons) and buying through other means then that would be a very positive sign on future conversions. Would anyone know what's happening on their actions I wonder?

Does anyone know why they are not required to divulge their share dealing and how many shares they and their families have?

If this was the case Barry,a conversion would definitely be the ultimate aim

Ciarrai Abu2s point was very valid. What are the Directors doing. We don't know but are speculating somewhat should they be selling it's a very bad sign. Should they be buying (but not allowed for insider trading reasons) and buying through other means then that would be a very positive sign on future conversions. Would anyone know what's happening on their actions I wonder?

Does anyone know why they are not required to divulge their share dealing and how many shares they and their families have?[/QUOTE]
    It could be hard to prove if a board director sold/downsized his shareholding did it for maybe for personal or business reasons and other board directors buying those shares to increase their shareholdings,but if all board members had sold a substantial lot of shares and kept onto bare minimum,it could be suspect alright,but it could be family distribution in lots of cases and we all like our privacy on these things,we cant but trust their actions here is for the greater good??

Does anyone know why they are not required to divulge their share dealing and how many shares they and their families have?
    It could be hard to prove if a board director sold/downsized his shareholding did it for maybe for personal or business reasons and other board directors buying those shares to increase their shareholdings,but if all board members had sold a substantial lot of shares and kept onto bare minimum,it could be suspect alright,but it could be family distribution in lots of cases and we all like our privacy on these things,we cant but trust their actions here is for the greater good??[/QUOTE]

Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt on rhe reason for a share buy or sell.... even the former CEO of an Irish Food company that relocated to Switzerland, who sold €16m or so of company shares a few weeks before profit a profit warning and share price tank.... I'm sure the Yacht needed a lick of paint and the sale was purely "good timing" in hindsight by the CEO!

Actually Barry there is always a few yachts around fenit harbour here so if they stay around here its a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

As far as I'm aware since the last companies act 2014 the directors have to disclose the shareholding and remuneration. Maine a coop is different.

I wonder how many, if any, are afraid of a cash sweep by the banks if a conversion takes place.

• Advertisement

As far as I'm aware since the last companies act 2014 the directors have to disclose the shareholding and remuneration. Maine a coop is different.

I wonder how many, if any, are afraid of a cash sweep by the banks if a conversion takes place.

It's easy enough for shareholders to open another bank account in a different bank if they want to lodge a conversion windfall.
    The shareholder dictate what their own bank gets as a repayment then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement