Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

fepper wrote: »
    I wish I had way more coop shares in Kerry coop as banner says dividends are better than other coops thanks to plc being its partners along the way but I suppose you should never look at gift horse in the mouth so am grateful for the few I have

Exactly. Great share, way undervalued. Some day the Directors will see the light and realise the true value.
    In the mean time the 24m Kerry Group shares may rise if they continue doing a great job.
    One big acquisition now and the shares would rise significantly I would expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Exactly. Great share, way undervalued. Some day the Directors will see the light and realise the true value.
    In the mean time the 24m Kerry Group shares may rise if they continue doing a great job.
    One big acquisition now and the shares would rise significantly I would expect.

Maybe the directors are waiting till it reaches the €100 per plc share banner and set us free from the coop shackles so we can go on that well earned world cruise!!

Maybe the directors are waiting till it reaches the €100 per plc share banner and set us free from the coop shackles so we can go on that well earned world cruise!!

Maybe you are right. The Co Op have information from having directors on the Board of Kerry Group.
    They may be positive on the future share price and are stalling giving us our deserved windfall until the shares go higher.

Danone bought WhiteWave a few weeks ago for more than 50 times earnings.
    Based on this.. and Kerry going to make euro3.25 or more this year in earnings Kerry Group could be worth more than €163 based on those huge valuations.
    The funny thing is WhiteWave didn't have significantly higher margins than Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mickey joes

What price are co op shares these days

• Advertisement

Not sure what they are making right now. Best place to check out the real price would be Kerry Share transfer department 066 7182000 I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

Between €250 to €300 was the last I heard they were making

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Well lads where are our chest out big headed , high horse farmer plc directors and our co op chairman agreeing to a milk price 2 cent below the competition.
    Mind boggling stuff .

Maybe they will surprise all with a 3 cent increase shortly!!

kerry cow wrote: »
    Well lads where are our chest out big headed , high horse farmer plc directors and our co op chairman agreeing to a milk price 2 cent below the competition.
    Mind boggling stuff .

I heard that the chairman is going around telling people that he's retiring from the Co Op board at the end of next year so "he doesn't give a bollox about milk prices", he's said to have a lot on his plate with some farm he bought for a few million euro below in Limerick a good few years ago. Doesn't sound like he's of any help to us… Glanbia, Lakeland and Dairygold are all after rising their prices now haven't they? I feel we're getting a raw deal and I personally feel extremely aggrieved with the chairman after all the ****ing noise he made about getting us a good milk price

• Advertisement

Kerry plc shares were a great help for that farm purchase so the story goes,pity he doesn't put as much effort into converting coop shares into plc shares under the best possible terms that we can get, so we can achieve our long term plans as well, I'm surprised you still think coop board influences milk prices on plc after shafting Stan the man!!

Kerry plc shares were a great help for that farm purchase so the story goes,pity he doesn't put as much effort into converting coop shares into plc shares under the best possible terms that we can get, so we can achieve our long term plans as well, I'm surprised you still think coop board influences milk prices on plc after shafting Stan the man!!

I've a dog at home called Piper and I'll tell ye the truth that dog has as much influence over the price Kerry group Plc pay us for our milk as that <snipped> chairman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Why kerry plc can not pay properly for milk would have me worried if i had lot of kerry plc shares!!!
    The plc shares can not keep snowballing for ever .I can also see when kerry plc lose the leading milk price arbitration ,they will have to back pay anyway so all they are doing is trying to buy time to keep profits up.
    Imo opinion there should be a big clean out of all committee,advisorory committee and directors of kerry co op .It is all the same families down generations that have all this sown up and they don't give a fup about anyone only there own interests

cute geoge wrote: »
    Why kerry plc can not pay properly for milk would have me worried if i had lot of kerry plc shares!!!
    The plc shares can not keep snowballing for ever .I can also see when kerry plc lose the leading milk price arbitration ,they will have to back pay anyway so all they are doing is trying to buy time to keep profits up.
    Imo opinion there should be a big clean out of all committee,advisorory committee and directors of kerry co op .It is all the same families down generations that have all this sown up and they don't give a fup about anyone only there own interests

You don't have a clue what your talking about, why should any PLC pay extra money for their raw material when they don't need to? How hard is it to understand how a public limited company works, what's wrong with u like

If you want a big clearout of all coop committees,full coop conversion is only way and pronto imo,if plc price stayed@ €80 for the future that'd ok

George,the plc is a food and beverages company not a milk company , milk has very low input into that sector now and no bearing on share price going forward

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    I've a dog at home called Piper and I'll tell ye the truth that dog has as much influence over the price Kerry group Plc pay us for our milk as that <snipped> chairman

Please refrain from using bad language! Thanks. Mod

The people living back home is kerry must be very quite people to put up with all this carry on .
    The plc is doing its job but the co op is not delivering the input and output prices to the farmer .like I have said for a long time until some people in kerry grow a large pair of ball and let the new age farmer speak up and get represented the plc laugh will continue .Our co op board buy inputs expensive , sell our milk cheap and signs us in to a milk contract sloped in favour of the plc , some job lads , and kerry farmers are all talk and no action .where are these stars today the farmer plc directors or the farmer co op guys ? It's a protest at the gate of our reps houses that is needed .

Kerry coop doesn't buy or sell inputs,doesn't buy or sell milk,IT KEEPS OUR SHARES LOCKED UP!!

The people living back home is kerry must be very quite people to put up with all this carry on .
    The plc is doing its job but the co op is not delivering the input and output prices to the farmer .like I have said for a long time until some people in kerry grow a large pair of ball and let the new age farmer speak up and get represented the plc laugh will continue .Our co op board buy inputs expensive , sell our milk cheap and signs us in to a milk contract sloped in favour of the plc , some job lads , and kerry farmers are all talk and no action .where are these stars today the farmer plc directors or the farmer co op guys ? It's a protest at the gate of our reps houses that is needed .

Just to clarify you do realise that the Co Op literally don't buy or sell one thing of any description? The "Co Op" is just an investment company, their assets include 24 million Kerry group PLC shares, however many one51 shares that they have aswell. I agree with a lot of what your saying though. The Co Op board are holding onto our shares because that's somehow suppose to get us a good milk price, but look at the way things are now, we're getting one of the worst milk prices in the country surely are we? I wouldn't go as far as to say we should have protests but farmers should get onto whoever their local Co Op board members are and pull them aside for their shambolic carry on, all Kerry Co Op is good for is jobs for the boys, those Co Op board members are only sneering and laughing at us ordinary farmers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Forget about pulling them aside ,giving out to them is futile exercise .Now is the chance to get younger farmers onto these local creamery committee's preferably lads with very few shares .I discussed this already locally with a few young farmers in the same boat and they commented that most previous canidates for committee's were outspoken for the good of co op members until they got elected and once on board the gravy train they zipped up sharpish so can you win at all !!

So the co op is no more . Kerry 2016 as a farmer and kerry milk supplier who represents you . Are you and all other kerry farmers buying goods from the plc as individual joe soap ? Who is representing you on milk price ? And who recommended the milk contract for you to sign . If you have no representation where does that leave ya ??

cute geoge wrote: »
    Forget about pulling them aside ,giving out to them is futile exercise .Now is the chance to get younger farmers onto these local creamery committee's preferably lads with very few shares .I discussed this already locally with a few young farmers in the same boat and they commented that most previous canidates for committee's were outspoken for the good of co op members until they got elected and once on board the gravy train they zipped up sharpish so can you win at all !!

What does having no shares have to do with getting a good milk price, God help whoever it was that had to teach you while you were in school cos you just don't listen. The Co Op are just shareholders in the PLC, they've absolutely nothing to do with the price that the PLC pays us for our milk, why can't you understand that? It doesn't matter who we put onto the Co Op board, Jesus Christ himself wouldn't have a say on milk price even if he was on the board

So the co op is no more . Kerry 2016 as a farmer and kerry milk supplier who represents you . Are you and all other kerry farmers buying goods from the plc as individual joe soap ? Who is representing you on milk price ? And who recommended the milk contract for you to sign . If you have no representation where does that leave ya ??

All us milk suppliers have relationships with Kerry Group PLC, they buy our milk and we buy feed, fertiliser etc off them them if we then choose…. What choice did we have but to sign those milk contracts realistically like, what else were we going to do? I have no representation and neither does any other milk supplier, there's no going back from that now. It just annoys me how the Co Op board members make themselves out to be our knights in shining amour and all they're doing is freeloading off our share dividends which is used to pay their wages. Most of those co op board members are making completely disgraceful attempts at running their own farms, they use the money they get paid for being on the board to supplement their sinking ships of farms.

Milk prices will have rebounded a lot by this time next year I would think, hopefully we'll never again see prices as bad as the ones we're currently experiencing

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    What does having no shares have to do with getting a good milk price, God help whoever it was that had to teach you while you were in school cos you just don't listen. The Co Op are just shareholders in the PLC, they've absolutely nothing to do with the price that the PLC pays us for our milk, why can't you understand that? It doesn't matter who we put onto the Co Op board, Jesus Christ himself wouldn't have a say on milk price even if he was on the board

I'm laughing at that answer Kerry 16,very good again and again!!!!.....

So kerry 2016 , I am not winding you but genuinely asking if you have no representation or no choice signing you contract , apart from buying your inputs where you like it seems every kerry farmer is screwed .take what you get and shut up .ok these directors are free wheels and eventually the spin out will happen .you get you plc share but what about the every day man milking his cows . In every other county they are represented by a fighting committee.
    Where do you see your future , as I plan you start my own milking next year it all sounds quite disheartening .

Cute George and Kerry Cow who says you cannot be represented without a Co Op?
    From what I can derive most fellas want The Co Op for 3 thing but mask it as one, being bargaining power on milk price.
    With a properly drafted MSA this can be properly defined and there doesn't have to be monthly "negotiations" between CoOp and Group on price. We know how well this is going!!!

2nd Being on the Board and getting €15k before other consultancy costs such as the Strategic Review and then mileage etc.
    This is the reason for some wanting to keep the co op. This costs you and I €0.25 per share for the privilege. Cute George, canvass for getting on the Board with a zero Salary manifesto. Will you lead here with this approach?

3rd Free Shares. This boat has passed. Kerry Group can look at giving their Milk Supplier employees the Employee Share Purchase discount going forward.

Lastly we need Kerry Group PLC more than ever now. The Chairman of the Co-Op retirement this year may be an opportunity to bridge broken relationships between both sides.
    The most efficient way to realise our shares value of our shares may be a merger of Kerry Co-Op and Kerry GroupPLC.. ;-)...... Please God our new Chairman will have good interpersonal skills!!!

Barry would a merger between plc and coop still define the company as a plc or would it have a new status and most importantly would it sort out that little problem once and for all

2nd Being on the Board and getting €15k before other consultancy costs such as the Strategic Review and then mileage etc. <br />
    This is the reason for some wanting to keep the co op. This costs you and I €0.25 per share for the privilege. Cute George, canvass for getting on the Board with a zero Salary manifesto. Will you lead [/QUOTE]<br />
    <br />
    Barry,don't be encouraging George on to the coop board or we will never get rid of it,George wouldn't be long getting sick of his volunteer work!!

• Advertisement

Barry would a merger between plc and coop still define the company as a plc or would it have a new status and most importantly would it sort out that little problem once and for all

I was reading on the news this week about a french pharmaceutical company Flamel Techonolgies moving to Ireland for tax reasons.
    Their Parent company and a subsidiary company are merging and re forming in ireland as a PlC.
    There no major cost such as tax for doing so.
    This got me comparing them to the Kerry Co-Op and Group scenario.

If Kerry Group Merged with Kerry co-op and Kerry Group swapped 24m Group shares for our 3.9million Co-Op shares it looks feasible that it could be an efficient way for a Win Win for us.
    I'm far from a tax advisor but this seems to be an approach a lot of multinationals take when joining or taking over other companies. Kerry Group are acquiring monthly and have many accountants and tax advisors hence their expertise here would be essential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement