Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

A goodwill gesture on behalf of the plc so to acquire us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

There's a rumour that there's going to be some picketing done outside one of Kerry Group's processing plants this week. They'll be protesting against the Co Op board for getting us a bad milk price and the PLC for paying us a bad price. The whole thing is embarrassing and nonsensical anyway and as a milk supplier myself I wouldn't goto it if you paid me €1,000. Part of the unusual rule structure involving Kerry Co Op shares stipulates that the Co Op board may buy your Co Op shares back off you at anytime if they feel you've behaved inappropriately, eg. gone on the news protesting against the company disgracing us all. If the Co Op board did decide to buy the shares back off those people they'd be paying them €1.27 per Co Op share (€1.27 being equivalent to the £1 value placed on them back when the Co Op was first formed in the 70's). So hopefully people will think wisely before they go on this protest, I personally hope anyone that does goto it does get their Co Op shares bought back off them for €1.27 a piece.

I've been at protests outside kerry headquarters in Tralee and outside the factory in listowel, no problems then and you have that right to fight for a good milk price whether they like it or not

fepper wrote: »
    I've been at protests outside kerry headquarters in Tralee and outside the factory in listowel, no problems then and you have that right to fight for a good milk price whether they like it or not

We're getting a perfectly fair milk price. You ever hear of supply and demand and price elasticity? Supply at the moment has totally passed out demand so price has collapsed. The same happens with everything, look at the price of oil. It's not our God given right to get paid 40c/L for our milk

I don't think the plc will be too worried about any protests regarding milk price, usually a P.R.exercise by IFA with no teeth,always is supply/demand that'll dictate price,fair dues to you for the common sense approach you have on milk price reality while others seem to living in a bubble

• Advertisement

This whole protest is a typical example of what we're dealing with, nobody cares about our €2 billion worth of shares that are being kept inaccessible by the Co Op board, people are losing the plot altogether over Kerry not raising the price for last months milk by a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

The share price is one issue , the milk price is another .It doesn't take alot of brain cells to understand the laws of supply and demand , well done lad .but to say the milk suppliers are not entitled to a leading milk price , when other processor's are paying more is very flawed .
    Kerry 2016 if you were not holding hands with your seniors and we're solely milking on your own with no share nest egg then milk price promise would be of more importance .someone has to lead price , so why do kerry have to lag behind by 18 months at arbitration ? Sorry but you are blinded by share conversion which will come in due course .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    This whole protest is a typical example of what we're dealing with, nobody cares about our €2 billion worth of shares that are being kept inaccessible by the Co Op board, people are losing the plot altogether over Kerry not raising the price for last months milk by a cent.

Rest easy now ,the protest is called due to weather being as bad as the milk price

Your in the wrong country if your complaining bout the weather and to protest about it??...

kerry cow wrote: »
    The share price is one issue , the milk price is another .It doesn't take alot of brain cells to understand the laws of supply and demand , well done lad .but to say the milk suppliers are not entitled to a leading milk price , when other processor's are paying more is very flawed .
    Kerry 2016 if you were not holding hands with your seniors and we're solely milking on your own with no share nest egg then milk price promise would be of more importance .someone has to lead price , so why do kerry have to lag behind by 18 months at arbitration ? Sorry but you are blinded by share conversion which will come in due course .

It's not like Stan McCarthy came knocking on your door begging you to produce milk for Kerry Group, go produce milk for someone else if you think Kerry's price is so bad. Milk prices are on the way up anyway and all this will be forgotten about in another few months. I'm producing 250,000 gallons of milk a year and you don't here me crying about milk prices. Go off and buy yourself a few Co Op shares and there'll be no fear of you

• Advertisement

Just going by your other threads Kerry 16,300 acres,supplying over a million litres of milk to Kerry plc,Kerry coop shares and prob loads of road frontage and still a young lad going on your posts on green cert,the girls must be flocking all over you with all that wealth!! You landed on your feet well done

I know people like that and like I said before its dad's and uncles that built it up quotas and shares and not the mouth piece that blows .As a student you have nothing proven but all to do .
    And there's a lot of people out there producing milk long before Stan or kerry plc . Some people can be very green behind the ears as shown before .

I know people like that and like I said before its dad's and uncles that built it up quotas and shares and not the mouth piece that blows .As a student you have nothing proven but all to do .
    And there's a lot of people out there producing milk long before Stan or kerry plc . Some people can be very green behind the ears as shown before .

For your information I bought my shares with my own money, the Revenue were onto me lately trying to figure out how did I amass so much money's worth of shares at my age. Needless to say all of my finances are above board but the Revenue were very taken aback by the wealth I've managed to create for myself so there's no need for you to worry about me being "very green", because nobody else seems to think that there's any fear of me.

Don't worry the revenue will get their cut at some stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Kerry 2016 holding on to that wealth is going to be a problem for you, first up is the siblings who will all cry kerry 2016 is loaded and what did I get, they will all have to get there share, than if you are fortunate or unfortunate enough to find time to find a wife, she will take half it straight away and than your ould pair might go mad when they retire and go on a world cruise and expect a pension pot of a grand a week to fund a lavish life style and you will be the fool at home that slaved away all his youth and never left the cow****e

Green cert students don't amass a huge volume of shares on their own without the backing of either the bank or parents etc .banks don't lend for shares unless you tell them otherwise .and you don't get money unless you can guarantee it with a asset .so sat at less than say 21yrs old you can have done it on your own with out help ? may I say you seem to have a big ego problem ,chip on the shoulder .
    And I suppose you built up that quota nothing to do with the old bosses.
    You were green enough to get caught working for nothing last spring .
    There are too many poor farmers out there using kerry shares to build sheds ,houses etc because there farms are poorly managed and can ntstand on their own two feet .
    Tell us how do you do it . Where did you get the fortune from . Put us in our spot after all the year of toil and nothing for us to show .

popa smurf wrote: »
    Kerry 2016 holding on to that wealth is going to be a problem for you, first up is the siblings who will all cry kerry 2016 is loaded and what did I get, they will all have to get there share, than if you are fortunate or unfortunate enough to find time to find a wife, she will take half it straight away and than your ould pair might go mad when they retire and go on a world cruise and expect a pension pot of a grand a week to fund a lavish life style and you will be the fool at home that slaved away all his youth and never left the cow****e

Wow talk about having a chip on your shoulder. My siblings are somehow going to confiscate my shares even though that's illegal and they're already successful in their own right, you've decided if that won't be the demise that I'll get divorced and that my wife will take half of what's mine, you've convinced yourself of the idea that my parents aren't well off so I'll have to send them on their world cruises? Dude you seriously need to buck up and get a life, if you ever have half my money then you can call me a fool but until then… you've surely got something better to be doing than picking on someone about 1/3 of your age on an online forum just because he's more successful than you.

Green cert students don't amass a huge volume of shares on their own without the backing of either the bank or parents etc .banks don't lend for shares unless you tell them otherwise .and you don't get money unless you can guarantee it with a asset .so sat at less than say 21yrs old you can have done it on your own with out help ? may I say you seem to have a big ego problem ,chip on the shoulder .
    And I suppose you built up that quota nothing to do with the old bosses.
    You were green enough to get caught working for nothing last spring .
    There are too many poor farmers out there using kerry shares to build sheds ,houses etc because there farms are poorly managed and can ntstand on their own two feet .
    Tell us how do you do it . Where did you get the fortune from . Put us in our spot after all the year of toil and nothing for us to show .

I'm not going to discuss the intricate details of my finances on an online forum for the whole world to see as shocking as that may be to you.
    Not quite sure either if you know what having "a chip on your shoulder" even means, I've more money now that any given Joe Soap will ever have after their life's work so why would I have a problem with other people getting on. I love to see other people doing well and succeeding.
    You sound like your the one with the chip on your shoulder, "after all the years of toil and nothing to show" it sounds like your not best pleased with someone decades younger than you doing better than you without ever having to work hard for it.
    Also you talk about farmers with shares not being able to stand on their own two feet etc, the wealthiest of the Kerry farmers are the ones who were good enough of farmers to have been able to put money aside to buy the Co Op shares in the first place when everyone else was selling them.
    And I read in one of your posts that your going to be producing milk soon for your first time, you seem awfully concerned about a lousy few cent of a milk price so we'll see how you get on standing on your own 2 feet as a milk supplier.

Also yeah I did get taken down by that farmer in the spring time that I was working for as part of getting my Green Cert but a little birdie told me lately that he's had a lot of visits from the county council about his pollution problems that they've just found out about, visits from the department after they found out about him tail docking his cattle and now even the taxman is onto him so I think he'll need that money yet that he took me down for.

Best of luck to you .i have my own challenges ahead and like any milk supplier I need to get a decent fair price for my milk so as to make a family living . Shares are not needed as you mentioned earlier as it would be bad faming practice to have to subsidies income .so therefore it would be logical to agree a fair milk price is required by a farming family to survive .
    Also Didn't think pedigree breeders would have pollution problem or tail dock their cattle especially when they sell them at high value . Most of them guys have top class facilities and also when they take students they would be teagasc approved .

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Kerry2016 wrote: »
    I'm not going to discuss the intricate details of my finances on an online forum for the whole world to see as shocking as that may be to you.
    Not quite sure either if you know what having "a chip on your shoulder" even means, I've more money now that any given Joe Soap will ever have after their life's work so why would I have a problem with other people getting on. I love to see other people doing well and succeeding.
    You sound like your the one with the chip on your shoulder, "after all the years of toil and nothing to show" it sounds like your not best pleased with someone decades younger than you doing better than you without ever having to work hard for it.
    Also you talk about farmers with shares not being able to stand on their own two feet etc, the wealthiest of the Kerry farmers are the ones who were good enough of farmers to have been able to put money aside to buy the Co Op shares in the first place when everyone else was selling them.
    And I read in one of your posts that your going to be producing milk soon for your first time, you seem awfully concerned about a lousy few cent of a milk price so we'll see how you get on standing on your own 2 feet as a milk supplier.

Also yeah I did get taken down by that farmer in the spring time that I was working for as part of getting my Green Cert but a little birdie told me lately that he's had a lot of visits from the county council about his pollution problems that they've just found out about, visits from the department after they found out about him tail docking his cattle and now even the taxman is onto him so I think he'll need that money yet that he took me down for.

I think kerry 2016 your host farmers problems started the day you walked in to his yard . you would do well to remember the farming community is a very small community.

• Advertisement

popa smurf wrote: »
    I think kerry 2016 your host farmers problems started the day you walked in to his yard . you would do well to remember the farming community is a very small community.

Myself and the host farmer never had a problem while I was working for him. Sure I was overworked, starved and he never spoke to me but I took that in my stride as being part of the joys of work placement. My Ag College showed me the report card that the host farmer sent them about me and it was impeccable. The day the host farmers problems started was when I rang him up and asked him for the couple thousand euro he owed me and he decided to send me out a postal order of €11.40. I'd be inclined to think that that was the day his problems started. What kind of farmer or man are you to think they my host farmer was justified in paying me €750 for 3 months work where I was working 50 hours a week for him and according to himself I was "a diligent worker".
    Also I couldn't give one fcuk about the what the community thinks of me and I think your opinion is truly shameful.

What are the co op shares trading at now the plc shares are in free fall .??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Accountant told me he sold some a month back and try as hard as he could €220 was what he got

Wouldn't be too worried bout value of old coop shares as long as the plc share price doesn't drop too much bringing both values down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Irish Independent Article

Farmer representation on the board of Kerry Group Plc will be halved next year under new proposals from the company.

There are currently four Kerry Co-op nominees on the 15-member Kerry Group Plc board. However, this number will be reduced to two next year.

Kerry Group informed the board of Kerry Co-op regarding the proposed changes over the last fortnight.

When contacted by the Farming Independent on this issue, Kerry Group Plc confirmed that farmer representation was being reduced.

"Recognising the dairy heritage of the group, the chairman of Kerry Group has informed the Kerry Co-op board that a new process for selecting two appropriate appointees will commence in mid-2017," Kerry Group stated.

The manner in which farmers are selected for membership of the company's board is also being totally revamped.

In the past the four candidates were elected from among the 28-member Kerry Co-op board. However, from next year, the co-op board must put a minimum of eight nominations forward for the two company board positions, with two successful candidates being chosen after an interview process.

It is understood that the matter has been discussed by the Kerry Co-op board, and clarity has been sought regarding the proposals.

A spokesman for Kerry Group Plc said that the nomination committee - a sub-committee of the company's board - had sole responsibility for board appointments.

"The board of Kerry Group Plc, upon the recommendations of its nomination committee, is solely responsible for appointments to the board of Kerry Group Plc. All such appointments are subject to shareholder approval," Kerry Group stated.

Process

Farmer representation on the Kerry Group Plc board was cut from seven to four in 2011 as part of the process which saw the co-op's shareholding in the company drop below 20pc. The co-op currently holds a 13.7pc shareholding in the Kerry Group Plc.

Meanwhile, the arbitration process is continuing involving Kerry Group Plc and Kerry Co-op regarding a commitment given by the company's chief executive Stan McCarthy in 2011 to pay the country's leading milk price (on a like-for-like basis).

Kerry Group argue that the commitment on the leading milk price did not include the West Cork co-ops, a contention that is being challenged by the co-op. Kerry's failure to raise its milk price for July supplies has added fuel to farmer anger with the processor.

Co-op shareholders concerns have also been heightened by a question mark hanging over the provision of secretarial services to manage the co-op's €1.77bn stake in the multi-national food ingrediants giant. There are suggestions that the co-op should assume the cost of this function when current secretary retires next year.

If ever there was a reason to try and wind up the coop from now on as the power(if any) is being slowly whittled away from coop and shared services under review,Stan asserting his power now by the looks of it with the way the coop board shafted him

100% fepper. We now see why the low milk price for July. Stan is flexing his muscle and making us realise the hard way the co op structure in its current format isn't helping anyone.
    We should not liquidate the co op... just take all the assets out of it..

That's it in one quote,Barry,couldn't have said it better myself

Does it really make any difference to milk price ? If there are 4 directors or 2 . Lads should not panic in to diluting the co op that is what Stan wants .what is the rush .you won't loose value .
    On milk price suppliers are on their own .sitting duck they are .

• Advertisement

I do not believe 4 versus 2 directors will make any difference... The 4 are not delivering on price for milk suppliers today anyway.
    On future share conversions, milk price and co op shareholder investments have no relationship..
    I hope they won't go down on price but the Group shares are down from €85 in May so who knows...
    Why Kerry Cow should they be locked in a non performing Co op structure?

Convert and allow us the choice to make our own decision on hold or sell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement