Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAJOR PROBLEM Kerry Group Old Shares

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

And banner poor auld Davey could be gone in 24 hrs so a bad day for Kerry 2016 and clare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

fepper wrote: »
    And banner poor auld Davey could be gone in 24 hrs so a bad day for Kerry 2016 and clare

He's confidence will take an awful battering... what with the slander here and the fighting in the Clare camp.. looks like a bad day alright for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

To all readers non targeted .Boards is a good forum to discuss many points of view and there is no reason why people can't conduct themselves in a proper grown up way to express their point of view .Most people don't need to know nor care if you have one co op share ,a hundred thousand or none at all , it should not distract from having an opinion on kerry Co op shares and for all you know there are probably others on here with alot more than you .so no need to blow smoke and hot air or bullshot because it make you look like the clown who couldn't cope with others point of view .We all like to hear all opinions including kerry 2016.
    Some people are just immature simple as that and worst of all is when they don't relies it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Milkpriceman

kerry cow wrote: »
    To all readers non targeted .Boards is a good forum to discuss many points of view and there is no reason why people can't conduct themselves in a proper grown up way to express their point of view .Most people don't need to know nor care if you have one co op share ,a hundred thousand or none at all , it should not distract from having an opinion on kerry Co op shares and for all you know there are probably others on here with alot more than you .so no need to blow smoke and hot air or bullshot because it make you look like the clown who couldn't cope with others point of view .We all like to hear all opinions including kerry 2016.
    Some people are just immature simple as that and worst of all is when they don't relies it .

I agre with u fuly, I sold all my CoOp shares nd put up a milking parlour nd it sickenes me dat sum people have all dese tens of millions of euros of Co Op shares, I think it's a joke, dey should be ashamed of demselves nd have al dere shares taken off them and given out to small farmers like me and you, I hate dis pint of view by sum people who tink dey shud get all dare shares converted, I was readin all thru dis foreum earlier and I cudnt even eat my dinner after seein some peoples pints of views but I tink ur dead right in everything that you say Kerry Cow, that other Kerry 2016 fella is a disgrace to have such wealth, it should all be taken off him and given to small felas like us, dey shud be madee 2 either giv up sum of dare land r else give up dare shares + dey shudnt b allowed have bothe

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I agre with u fuly, I sold all my CoOp shares nd put up a milking parlour nd it sickenes me dat sum people have all dese tens of millions of euros of Co Op shares, I think it's a joke, dey should be ashamed of demselves nd have al dere shares taken off them and given out to small farmers like me and you, I hate dis pint of view by sum people who tink dey shud get all dare shares converted, I was readin all thru dis foreum earlier and I cudnt even eat my dinner after seein some peoples pints of views but I tink ur dead right in everything that you say Kerry Cow, that other Kerry 2016 fella is a disgrace to have such wealth, it should all be taken off him and given to small felas like us, dey shud be madee 2 either giv up sum of dare land r else give up dare shares + dey shudnt b allowed have bothe

Please don't use text speak, as per rules of the forum. It makes it easier for everyone to read. Thanks. MOD
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167649

• Advertisement

Nd I forgote 2 adde dat Kerrycow is rite 2 dat even if u havenent no kerrycoop shares u shud still be able2 make evry1 listenn 2 ure opinin

I guarente yee al on dis foreum dat al dose felas whu wantss dare shares converrtd probily votee for Fine Gale aswel, dese Fine Galers can goe awaye wit al dare moneye, ive votid SF al my lyfe nd wen I had coop sharess I votid agenst eviry share conversin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I guarente yee al on dis foreum dat al dose felas whu wantss dare shares converrtd probily votee for Fine Gale aswel, dese Fine Galers can goe awaye wit al dare moneye, ive votid SF al my lyfe nd wen I had coop sharess I votid agenst eviry share conversin

Can you please post in full words and not shortened versions. It's impossible to read and against the board rules. Thank you!
    Mod

You begrudge other people having too many shares and yet thanks to the value of your shares you built a parlour so your really in no position to be telling us how to manage our shares,as regards a communist state you seem to be promoting where we are all equal,DREAM ON and keep thanking those shares for your shiny new milking parlour

Milkpriceman. .. your policies work best in non capitalist countries..
    If capitalism and Kerry2016's wealth sickens you so much would you feel more at ease farming in Russia, China or North Korea maybe?

You invested in your milking parlour to expand presumably.. was expanding not a Capitalist move?

• Advertisement

Milk price man you just registered on 21th September .looks like you are out to disrupt the thread with your comments .no one in their right mind would want people's shares taken off them .You had yours and gained from them .
    Suspicious over the authenticity of poster and name ,just looks like someone out to thrash farmers who relies in milk price as a means to live .
    Hocus , pocus !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Kerry 2016 has come back as milkpriceman

Lads we need to limit the thread to comments on Kerry co-op shares and all things that affect the realisation of the value of these shares.
    This is what the Thread was set up for, an information sharing thread.

Lads we need to limit the thread to comments on Kerry co-op shares and all things that affect the realisation of the value of these shares.
    This is what the Thread was set up for, an information sharing thread.
    Well said banner,thats the bottom line really,we all have what we have now,all this jealously on how many a person has is irrelevant,its a each single share that we want its full value to be fully realized and not to be used as a slush fund for a irrelevant coop board to dip into for management fees when we are quite capable of managing our own shares as we see fit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

There seems to be some big mix up/witch hunt here with me getting blamed for some comments from some "milkman" account which I personally couldn't be more opposed to.

Everyone would do well to remember that it was me who started this thread and all I've done is try organise us Kerry Co Op shareholders so we can realise the potential of our shares - pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong by doing so. I know a few of ye are thankful for me starting this thread and I'm greatful for that.

Does anyone have any idea who most likely will be the 2 farmers elected to the PLC's board? Will be very interesting to see who gets it. The Co Op board will elect a few different people, if the PLC think any of them are suitable they'll then pick out 2 of them.

One more thing, I don't get why I'm constantly being accused of not caring about the price we get paid for our milk, I'm going to say this at the risk of getting banned again but I'm more than likely producing more milk than the all of ye put together so bear that in mind

It will be an interesting fight out for the 2 seats.
    I don't have the Annual Accounts of Kerry Group in front of me but I suspect they will try and give the 2 seats to those highest on the Director Annual re election roster of for results (Most liked by the Institutional Investors) preferred choice, the most educated two...

Lads they will be some fighting for the 43,000 Group salary for kissing Stan the man's ring

I'd say Kerry Group shareholding would be a great help in keeping your seat also.

Looking at the accounts (Public information Moderator) the Directors have the following shares in Kerry Group per the 2015 accounts;

Js Dev 4,994
    Pk Cas 20,052
    JJ O'Con 21,932
    Ml Ah 3,341

It's a clear 2 horse race based on shareholding I'd say... all they now need is to say yes to Stan ;-)

would you think they would be looking for someone with proven success in dairying barry and these would usually would have large accummalations of shares anyway through bonus and patronage shareouts in the past, would that be their thinking on dealing with milk suppliers side of it as the 4 in there now dont seem to capable of handling the plc and suppliers expectations

I am not sure tbh. I see from other PLC'S that they like to have Directors with "skin in the game" hence Pk Cas & JJ O'C would be the best on that front.
    A Director of a PLC seen buying shares in a PLC actually drives up the price of that company.

If hypothetically these 2 Directors were to have say 2000 Co-Op shares and say they converted all the Co-Op shares next week the stockmarket announcement would be they bought 12,200 Group shares or acquired €904k worth of shares adding to their existing large holding.
    This would show confidence in the PLC to the institutional investors and would drive up the share price.. My money is on these 2 to keep their positions unless they are required to retire by rotation.

With all the goings on at present between the co op and plc from a milk supplier point of view none of the present sitting plc farmers are up to delivering for the farmer . As a share holder I would want well educated business men in those places , not a farmer who just happened to win the lotto .
    You can have a fair milk price and a powering plc at the same time if the right people are in charge .let the plc run its business and let the farmers fight their cone separately on price .matching the rest of the country on price .If that makes sense .split it now .cut clean .

• Advertisement

It doesn't change the position of the coops policy here though with regards conversion of the assets, it just makes it easier for plc to cherry pick from a existing board/panel only,cant see any benefit from that for the ordinary coop members here

With all the goings on at present between the co op and plc from a milk supplier point of view none of the present sitting plc farmers are up to delivering for the farmer . As a share holder I would want well educated business men in those places , not a farmer who just happened to win the lotto .
    You can have a fair milk price and a powering plc at the same time if the right people are in charge .let the plc run its business and let the farmers fight their cone separately on price .matching the rest of the country on price .If that makes sense .split it now .cut clean .
    That's the way it is now anyway kerrycow but somehow people think Kerry coop are running the whole show still and will be their saviour.....!!

True enough.... Not a big deal for us... the only thing is an increase in Group price is an increase in our Co op asset value.
    Our Co op's Group shares are worth on paper today €1.79 billion .
    That equates to each of our Kerry Co Op shares being worth ~ €460 on paper.
    A €5 increase in Kerry Groups share price is a theoretical €31 per share increase in our Co op share value..

Do we need to get the Kerry co op shares more profile so the big hedge funds start to realise the opportunity on these shares and bring the co op market value closer to the book value of ~ €460 per share???

True enough.... Not a big deal for us... the only thing is an increase in Group price is an increase in our Co op asset value.<br /><br />
    Our Co op's Group shares are worth on paper today €1.79 billion .<br /><br />
    That equates to each of our Kerry Co Op shares being worth ~ €460 on paper.<br /><br />
    A €5 increase in Kerry Groups share price is a theoretical €31 per share increase in our Co op share value..
    Do we need to get the Kerry co op shares more profile so the big hedge funds start to realise the opportunity on these shares and bring the co op market value closer to the book value of ~ €460 per share???
    How could we do that banner,we are the owners of our destiny here,id want to keep shares in the plc and hopefully see them rising over time not sell now at today price to a hedge fund/pension fund,its thanks to the plc that pay out dividends to Kerry coop for it to continue its existence

I hear the plan in near future is that only people from the Co Op's board with Level 7 Diplomas (1 level lower than a degree) will be allowed to be put on the PLC's board, that of course should give rise to better educated people representing us

fepper wrote: »
    How could we do that banner,we are the owners of our destiny here,id want to keep shares in the plc and hopefully see them rising over time not sell now at today price to a hedge fund/pension fund,its thanks to the plc that pay out dividends to Kerry coop for it to continue its existence

The Hedge funds may buy at a more realistic price than today's 50% or more discount to their book value price.
    This would save broke farmers selling out at too low a price today.

Utopia would be that our Directors give us clarity on what their intentions are so we all know whether we can wait and get the full value for our shares.
    I would prefer not new shareholders be allowed in so existing and loyal shareholders maximise thr huge value of the co op.

Unfortunately when poor farmers and farmers with debts like myself are kept in limbo the more likely we are to have to sell out and leave our profits to investor's who never saw a milking parlour not to mind milked a cow!

I'm sure they know of the coops shareholding interest in plc and is a great idea but I'm sure they would be taxation at source issues where transition straight from coop into plc could be smoother?? Still preferred option here barry ,it cant be left hanging around for ever as you rightly said....

Kerry2016.... A young trained farmer and large shareholder like you... would you get yourself on the Advisory Committee and get yourself on the Board of Kerry Group in a year or two?

Kerry2016.... A young trained farmer and large shareholder like you... would you get yourself on the Advisory Committee and get yourself on the Board of Kerry Group in a year or two?

Highly doubt that the ordinary folk would vote me in tbh!

• Advertisement

Barry,we better keep Kerry 2016 as a ' INDEPENDENT ' for the Time being, as there is a good chance he could be CLONED ' into the Kerry coop regime that denying us our full coop share value conversion....!! Then he can go for election of the new KERRY COOP ' that's representing its milk suppliers that supply the plc..........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement