Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good service..

• 10-05-2016 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I have to acknowledge some pretty decent service from a garage I've never used until today.

I'd to pick up some brake pads for a bike I'm working on for someone, I hadn't got the time to order online and got a recommend for this guys.

(Normally I'd use Global in Santry but they're sadly gone out of business).

I called into GP Motorcycles in Finglas (Dublin 11) for the brake pads ~ €48 for a set of front pads for an SV650k2.

His visa machine wasn't working, and I'd no cash ~ He gave me the pads to take away and bring him back the cash tomorrow!!.

The lad had never set eyes on me before, didn't ask for a small deposit, my name or phone number and sent me off with the product!.

Now you can't say fairer than that!.

Defo a man I'll go back to for business.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Nice to hear. You must look at least somewhat respectable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nice to hear. You must look at least somewhat respectable!

Or somewhat intimidating! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Esel wrote: »
    Or somewhat intimidating! :D

He's in Finglas West, I doubt I'd intimidate anyone from there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Don't know what's upsetting me more.. Global going out of business or €48 for a set of pads....yikes...30 on eBay...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have to acknowledge some pretty decent service from a garage I've never used until today.

I'd to pick up some brake pads for a bike I'm working on for someone, I hadn't got the time to order online and got a recommend for this guys.

(Normally I'd use Global in Santry but they're sadly gone out of business).

I called into GP Motorcycles in Finglas (Dublin 11) for the brake pads ~ €48 for a set of front pads for an SV650k2.

His visa machine wasn't working, and I'd no cash ~ He gave me the pads to take away and bring him back the cash tomorrow!!.

The lad had never set eyes on me before, didn't ask for a small deposit, my name or phone number and sent me off with the product!.

Now you can't say fairer than that!.

Defo a man I'll go back to for business.

Do they sell bikes.....I promise I bring him in the cash the next day......:p:p:p

• Advertisement

(Normally I'd use Global in Santry but they're sadly gone out of business)..

..wonder why......:)))

Don't know what's upsetting me more.. Global going out of business or €48 for a set of pads....yikes...30 on eBay...:(

I needed to brakes ASAP, so I didn't mind.

I put them into my sons bike last night, and now he has brakes :D

Back to Ebay & Aliexpress purchases for me now (new puncture repair kit on the way from Bulgaria lol).

I needed to brakes ASAP, so I didn't mind.

I put them into my sons bike last night, and now he has brakes :D

Back to Ebay & Aliexpress purchases for me now (new puncture repair kit on the way from Bulgaria lol).

Know what you mean bud..got caught short meself couple of times ..had to go to the local Honda place...broke my heart ..:(

Know what you mean bud..got caught short meself couple of times ..had to go to the local Honda place...broke my heart ..:(

I know what that's like.

Rear disk cracked on my BMW, I went to Joe Duffys (bastards) and was quoted €337 plus VAT.. Got it from Ali for €49 delivered to my door ~ pretty fooking sweet :P

I'll be hated for this one.. Tried on a pair of boots recently priced at €199, before I had them taken off my son found them online for €99 lol, had them ordered before I got my arse off the seat lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hailing from Finglas I'm chuffed to hear this :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I get a couple of things done here, Dave in GP Finglas is sound

Advertisement