Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste collection options in Headford

Options
  • 11-05-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I've read a few similar threads on this topic but nothing very recent, so it would be great to get opinions from people with recent experience. We've just moved to Headford and are looking at our options for waste/bin collection.

The options seem to be either Barna or WERS. WERS seems to have more of a bad rep historically on this site, but also seem to potentially work out cheaper if you're not a 'heavy' user and wouldn't put out a bin every week.

Barna looks to be €175 for 6 months (or 350/year in other words) where as WERS is €5/month service charge + pay per lift (€10.50 general waste, €4.50 recycling). From what I estimate as to our usage, we'd probably end up around the €280 - €300 mark per year with WERS.

So I'm wondering for the sake of a potentially better experience & customer service (based on rep), would we be better off just going with Barna?.....

Thanks in advance for any input!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

we just moved to the Corrandulla area in the last 6 months and we find the Barna service to be reliable and staff friendly to deal with, as good as CityBin who we were with in the city

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

tobdom wrote: »
    I've read a few similar threads on this topic but nothing very recent, so it would be great to get opinions from people with recent experience. We've just moved to Headford and are looking at our options for waste/bin collection.

The options seem to be either Barna or WERS. WERS seems to have more of a bad rep historically on this site, but also seem to potentially work out cheaper if you're not a 'heavy' user and wouldn't put out a bin every week.

Barna looks to be €175 for 6 months (or 350/year in other words) where as WERS is €5/month service charge + pay per lift (€10.50 general waste, €4.50 recycling). From what I estimate as to our usage, we'd probably end up around the €280 - €300 mark per year with WERS.

So I'm wondering for the sake of a potentially better experience & customer service (based on rep), would we be better off just going with Barna?.....

Thanks in advance for any input!

Wers tryied to charge me more for a bin than the 10 50 it was full of nappies at the time they were looking for 30 euro they said bin 2 heavy I said a bin is a bin make smaller bins if ye can't lift them I moved to barna no problems. I still have Wers bins rang told them to pick up bins that was 4 years ago

Advertisement