Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone SE

Options
  • 11-05-2016 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Qiuck question looking to buy an Iphone SE and notice they are nearly €50 cheaper in the UK - would I be better off ordering from the apple UK site and sending to Parcel motel or bite the bullet and pay the extra €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Leg it up to Belfast and pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Before you buy it be aware that the bluetooth has an audio quality issue. It will probably be solved in software but the fix hasn't been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Thanks guys your a wealth of information

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Grumpy00

iPhone SE now back in stock with Vodafone. €560 as Pay As You Go. A further €20 off if switching networks.

Can anyone tell me what way does locking to network work with these? Are they already locked upon receipt or is it a case of locking to first sim inserted into them?

If they are already locked to Vodafone network how much top ups would you need in order to unlock it or is it possible do so without any?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Grumpy00 wrote: »
    iPhone SE now back in stock with Vodafone. €560 as Pay As You Go. A further €20 off if switching networks.

Can anyone tell me what way does locking to network work with these? Are they already locked upon receipt or is it a case of locking to first sim inserted into them?

If they are already locked to Vodafone network how much top ups would you need in order to unlock it or is it possible do so without any?

Locked already to VF in this case. Putting in a 3 SIM, for example, at first use will not work.

AFAIR, its about €130 spend in 12mths for the unlock approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Grumpy00

dodzy wrote: »
    Locked already to VF in this case. Putting in a 3 SIM, for example, at first use will not work.

AFAIR, its about €130 spend in 12mths for the unlock approval.

Cheers dodzy for the info. Exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

TBi wrote: »
    Before you buy it be aware that the bluetooth has an audio quality issue. It will probably be solved in software but the fix hasn't been released yet.

What seems to be the problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi All

Qiuck question looking to buy an Iphone SE and notice they are nearly €50 cheaper in the UK - would I be better off ordering from the apple UK site and sending to Parcel motel or bite the bullet and pay the extra €50.

Maybe if it was 100 euros, but I don't think I would bother for 50 euros (and have you taken the bank fee for paying in pounds and cost of Parce Motel?)

Main reasons:
    - While Parcel Motel are usually good, you always have a small chance of them losing it, meaning you probably want to pay for the extra liability coverage, and even if you have it it could be a lot of paperwork and waiting for if something goes wrong
    - If the phone you receive as any manufacturing defect and you need to return it, Apple will want to collect it from a UK address which could be an inconvenience (if you are lucky they could be nice and collect in the Republic, but it's not guaranteed)

hdowney wrote: »
    What seems to be the problem here?

There were audio quality issues with bluetooth headsets. It now seems to be fixed: http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/iosapps/ios-9-new-release-date-features-download-9-3-2-features-music-memo-update-3585031/

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Cannot for the life of me get my hands on one of these...
    Dont want to order online but everywhere keeps saying 2-3 weeks ... !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

I just bought one in an apple store. Battery life is amazing.

Apple store ?? where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Possibly Belfast?

I can't get my hands on one either. Sucks, I want an unlocked one because I want to go with Virgin Media mobile.

Strange it still is in short supply several weeks after launch. I guess Apple really underestimated sales numbers.

According to my sis in law who works in Vodafone (I don't know how true this is) they are only getting 3 iphone SE in at a time and are only allowed sell them as bIll pay. They have to push the 5s for sale instead.

January wrote: »
    According to my sis in law who works in Vodafone (I don't know how true this is) they are only getting 3 iphone SE in at a time and are only allowed sell them as bIll pay. They have to push the 5s for sale instead.

If correct, I hope they are selling the 5S at a heavily discounted price. I believe Apple is not officially selling it anymore and the SE is definitely much better.

Bob24 wrote: »
    If correct, I hope they are selling the 5S at a heavily discounted price. I believe Apple is not officially selling it anymore and the SE is definitely much better.

The 5S is now free on a 24 month contract at €25 per month on 3. Is that a good deal do you think? My OH just broke his 5s and he liked the phone so considering going for this offer. The SE is obviously much better and will be supported longer by Apple but considering he's not particularly fussy about phones it might not be worth the extra cost.

The 5S is now free on a 24 month contract at €25 per month on 3. Is that a good deal do you think? My OH just broke his 5s and he liked the phone so considering going for this offer. The SE is obviously much better and will be supported longer by Apple but considering he's not particularly fussy about phones it might not be worth the extra cost.

If I navigate Three's website properly (correct me if I am wrong), a 16gb 5S is 300 euros cheaper that a 64GB SE for the same 25 euros plan?

If correct - yes I'd say it is not bad deal for someone who has a limited use of their phone. Just expect the phone to become a bit slow with the latest software update when comes September 2016, and to stop receiving updates either in 2017 or 2018.

Bob24 wrote: »

Currently going for 399.99 on Vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Is this in stock anywhere in Dublin anyone know?

• Advertisement

Not available anywhere in Dublin

Advertisement