Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis C.K. New Tour

Options
  • 11-05-2016 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Louis C.K. has announced he'll be doing a new tour, really hoping for an Irish date to be on the list when he releases information on Monday!
    Hello getter of this message.

I'm writing to tell you that I'm going on tour, doing standup comedy, all over the country and world for the next year (or so) starting next week. In Baltimore.

Today the Spring tour dates go on sale. This coming Monday we will announce and put on sale the dates for summer and some of the fall.
    Here are the dates and cities that are on sale now at https://louisck.net/tour-dates:
    Lyric Theatre, Baltimore, MD: 5/17/2016
    Lyric Theatre, Baltimore, MD: 5/17/2016 *late show
    Lyric Theatre, Baltimore, MD: 5/18/2016

Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ: 5/19/2016
    Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ: 5/20/2016
    Foxwoods Grand Theatre, Mashantucket, CT: 5/25/2016
    Foxwoods Grand Theatre, Mashantucket, CT: 5/26/2016
    Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL: 5/31/2016
    Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL: 6/1/2016
    Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL: 6/2/2016
    Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL: 6/3/2016
    Mohegan Sun Arena, Wilkes Barre, PA: 6/8/2016
    Santander Arena, Reading, PA: 6/9/2016

For the rest of you in other cities and in Europe and beyond, look for an email coming next Monday (May 16th).

I've been working on this particular standup material for a long time and I'm excited to bring it to you on all these various stages.
    As always when I tour, we are keeping the ticket prices low and eliminating all extra ticketing fees and keeping the tickets away from scalpers as much as possible.

See you out there! (Well, you'll see me if you come to the shows. I'll see you mostly as a general group. Not as individuals)

Your comedian,
    Louis CK
    Didn't make it to London a few years ago when he played, and would really love to see him live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Tickets on sale now. Stealth release by the looks of it. Got front row tickets. Ticketmaster. Go Go Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just got a flat seating ticket on Row E somehow after a few refreshes, it all seems to be gone now. Only the tiered seating left. Mate was so desperate to book one he booked without me (before I did) and got block D which is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I got Block C Row 19, now to find a seating map and see how I did :)

Booked on phone, forgot about it til I got Louis' email this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Block b row 6. Unbelievable. So excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I forgot about this until I received the email. We got up the front of the cheap seats of Wembley arena so quite happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I live in Poland so thinking of going to see him in prague.

Only thing is the dates look insane to me; hes in jerusalem on the 18th of august, Helsinki on the 19th, copenhagen on the 20th, paris on the 21st and prague on the 22nd. Maybe he's done this before but it seems ridiculous to me.

Slightly OT but the Irish tickets are mad money. I just did a quick search out of curiosity and block P row 50 (i.e. right at the back) is €113 for 2 - it'll be a good show but funk that. In Wembley we've got upper tier, row C, £49 for the pair - understandably that section is sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

The price thing is something he does in every show, all the tickets are about the same price. Doesn't have "premium price seating" that costs more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Goddammit, I got the presale text from 3 this morning, logged on there hoping to get great seats and ended up with alright seats :mad:

Ah well. Got 'em anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Just tried the three presage code and got two tickets for C block. Row 70ish. I presume that's pretty good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Dots1982 wrote: »

Only thing is the dates look insane to me; hes in jerusalem on the 18th of august, Helsinki on the 19th, copenhagen on the 20th, paris on the 21st and prague on the 22nd. Maybe he's done this before but it seems ridiculous to me.

He'll probably use an airplane to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

Got tickets in block D .
    Assuming it will sell out soon.

Its his 1st time playing here since he got booed off stage playing support to the desperately unfunny des bishop. He has mentioned it a few times, and it appears to have been the reason he wasn't that keen to come back, until now.

Should be a funny funny show .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

He'll probably use an airplane to get around.
    I'll spell it out, too many shows in too short a time span with too far a distance between the venues.

I'll spell it out, too many shows in too short a time span with too far a distance between the venues.

I think everyone got that.

My comment was what those in the comedy business like to refer to as a 'joke'.

As for the touring schedule. It is fairly hectic but he's making a sh*tload of money off it and he needs to make back that Horace and Pete money.

Plus he might have to settle some lawsuits down the line if those rumours about him are true. So he needs the cash.

Saw him in London a few years back. He's fantastic but the O2 is a terrible venue for comedy unless you're right up the front so I'm not going to go to this.

Got tickets in block D .
    Assuming it will sell out soon.

Its his 1st time playing here since he got booed off stage playing support to the desperately unfunny des bishop. He has mentioned it a few times, and it appears to have been the reason he wasn't that keen to come back, until now.

Should be a funny funny show .

Was he booed off stage? I thought he just had a ropey gig because the crowd were all there to see Des Bishop.

You might be mixing up that incident and the Stanhope Cat Laughs one where he definitely did get booed off stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

What's the story with getting booed off stage?

And any way to nudge me toward where I'd find out these lawsuit rumours?

What's the story with getting booed off stage?

I don't think he did. He just bombed at the Vodafone comedy festival some years back (it mightn't have been Vodafone then but the one in Iveagh Gardens)
    And any way to nudge me toward where I'd find out these lawsuit rumours?

I was being a bit facetious about needing the money. I don't think anyone is suing him. I'll PM you though.

PM me while you're at it, I'm curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NickNY

I just discovered this gig is going on now, went to ticket master to look at tickets, I don't know about you, but being at a gig, you've got to be at least some way close to the gig, not at the back of the top tier where the comedian looks like an ant. You're not seeing the act, you're watching on a big screen in the same building as where the act is going on. All for the privilege price of €125.

I love Louis C.K., he's my favourite comedian (well, between him and Bill Burr), but meh, not worth it.

NickNY wrote: »
    I just discovered this gig is going on now, went to ticket master to look at tickets, I don't know about you, but being at a gig, you've got to be at least some way close to the gig, not at the back of the top tier where the comedian looks like an ant. You're not seeing the act, you're watching on a big screen in the same building as where the act is going on. All for the privilege price of €125.

I love Louis C.K., he's my favourite comedian (well, between him and Bill Burr), but meh, not worth it.

I agree, I was shocked at the Irish prices as mentioned previously. We've got 2 decent upper tier tickets for Wembley arena for £49 total. Even the ground floor seats were £45 - £55 each iirc which I was considering but we're stocking up on nappies for an arrival very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I get the feeling there's not many going!

I hope I've not watched him too much on YouTube andhe has new material (I.e. Not...I have 2 kids / masturbation / everyone dies).

Gebgbegb wrote: »

I hope I've not watched him too much on YouTube andhe has new material (I.e. Not...I have 2 kids / masturbation / everyone dies).

I think that's been his MO for many years at this stage haha.

He'll talk about hating other people's kids and their parents, putting on weight/loving food, masturbation, smoking weed, and probably a Donald Trump reference!

I was at Wembley arena last night. Absolutely hilarious. Sh!te seats though - restricted view with no prior warning of such - complaint going in. MrsTeal (who wasn't a fan of his previous videos that I made her watch!) enjoyed it even more than I did. Got to skip the massive queue to get in too as she's 7 months preggers :D

I think that's been his MO for many years at this stage haha.

He'll talk about hating other people's kids and their parents (nope), putting on weight/loving food (nope), masturbation (nope), smoking weed (nope), and probably a Donald Trump reference! (nope)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭techdiver

Looks like it is sold out on ticketmaster anyway.

Can't wait. He's been my favourite comedian for the last number of years. Love his TV shows and Horace & Pete is genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I don't think he did. He just bombed at the Vodafone comedy festival some years back (it mightn't have been Vodafone then but the one in Iveagh Gardens)

I was being a bit facetious about needing the money. I don't think anyone is suing him. I'll PM you though.

Can you PM me too? Really looking forward to tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

There were 9000 there tonight - straight from the horses mouth! Quite a crowd!

Anyway, he was very funny! Warm ups were meh imo but Louis really hit his stride after a while! Once again, the 3Arena organisation and setup was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just back from it. Really enjoyed it. He was his usual brilliant! All new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Thought he was good without being brilliant. Maybe a sober Monday gig after a heavy weekend meant I was incapable of being blown away but I enjoyed it at the same time.

The first two warmup acts were decent. Thought the female comic was ****e enought tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought that was seriously high quality stuff. A little darker than usual at times, which I loved.

Advertisement