Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis C.K. New Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Really enjoyed that. Thought it took him maybe 20 minutes to get going, until then it was a bit underwhelming. But then he just killed it. Great set.

Agree re: the warm up acts. The girl was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Really enjoyed that. Thought it took him maybe 20 minutes to get going, until then it was a bit underwhelming. But then he just killed it. Great set.

Agree re: the warm up acts. The girl was woeful.

I think he was nervous coming out - for such a career comedian that suprised me :eek: Also, thought he was locked coming out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I think he was nervous coming out - for such a career comedian that suprised me :eek: Also, thought he was locked coming out :pac:

My mate turned to me after he was on stage a minute and goes "he is stoned off his face" I had to agree with him, he was still really funny but after about 10 minutes or so he seemed to come around and really got into his stride. Excellent set

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

A very good performance, but the support was underwhelming for a big sell-out gig of that size. It seemed the support acts were there more to promote their "one hour special on Comedy Central!!" than anything else.
    Thankfully they only had about 10 minutes each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭techdiver

A very good performance, but the support was underwhelming for a big sell-out gig of that size. It seemed the support acts were there more to promote their "one hour special on Comedy Central!!" than anything else.
    Thankfully they only had about 10 minutes each.

In fairness I think that is harsh. The 2 guys were decent I though, especially the second guy. The woman was terrible, I'll give you that though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

techdiver wrote: »
    In fairness I think that is harsh. The 2 guys were decent I though, especially the second guy. The woman was terrible, I'll give you that though.

Ya maybe it was the tired Jewish-mom stereotypes mixed with irish audience. I want expecting any warm ups so I didn't mind. First time in the arena and was impressed with the setup alright, staff were on the ball.

Anyone remember the quote LCK had about stereotypes?
    Actually, anyone remember any good quotes.

Just found a site that shows Lucky Louie, can't believe I missed that. Nearly better than Louie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

The "Nine 11 Deniers" bit got me, thought that was very funny. Good show overall, I enjoyed the two male warm up acts, your one wasn't great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The whole thing about boyfriend envy going into Magic Mike and "I'd try the best of..." was stellar stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I lost it at the "soaked in olive oil" part. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, there were tears at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

My thoughts exactly in that i thought he was off his face, i was disgusted! IT was clear though he was actually very nervous/apprehensive about the little bit of 'irish' material he started with which wasn't great. That left me more disgusted lol but then he settled into his stride - he's a class act and the material was on the ball. The nine 11 deniers and the Gay thing lol.

The warm ups were warm ups - they are free comedians we all payed to see louis and i wasn't expecting a warm up at all. Joe list was class though the other two were just struggling with the size of the venue and a European audience. It was clearly some sort of Promo deal from comedy central who probably cover some of the tour costs for Louis - it's a no brainer for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 embryeck

Really enjoyed the show.

Was in stitches at so many gags, rescue dog on heroin, 'friendly man' and 'quiet man'...

His mcconaughey impression was great. Found the magic mike trailer on YT, full of comments of 'Louis CK brought me here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Thought he was brilliant! The gay thing was hilarious, holding it in your mouth for 20 seconds to decide whether to suck it or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

enjoyed last nights gig.
    I was nervous that his material wouldn't be fresh to me , as in this day and age its possible to see so much of his content as soon as its uttered on youtube, and I have devoured all of his material( lucky louis, louie, various comedy specials).

The suit is an interesting touch - i'm so used to seeing him in his slouch regalia.

agree with above posters on the various highlights - the suicide stuff can be a bit tricky with audience reaction but thats what makes it funny I guess" your 48 and you've flicked through the brochure, what are you hanging around for".

the venue was well run and staffed so good night had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Really enjoyed this, best stand up I've seen in a long time.

The Nine 11 Deniers bit gave me the biggest laugh of the night, I was in absolute tears. It was a bit stupid and pretty inoffensive as far as his material goes but just couldn't stop laughing.

I thought the 2 male stand-ups were decent, first guy started off a bit shaky but got better as it went on. The woman was pretty terrible though. I think giving 3 comedians 10 mins each is better than a 30 min slot for one support. If you're really not feeling one of them they'll be gone soon enough rather than having to listen to someone for half an hour who's doing the opposite of what a "warm up" is supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barryegan

Just about recovered from this. Gave me some sort of idea of what it must have been like to have seen Richard Pryor in his prime.

Advertisement