Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais LevelPay

Options
  • 11-05-2016 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up to Bord gais on their recent offering of €140 credit and 1000 tesco points etc and they have set my Levelpay amount at the default €61 per month despite my account having several years of history!

My account with FloGas has years of usage history which it seems Bord gais are not using?

How can I get the levelpay amount changed as it should only be €30 per month as my 3 summertime bi-monthly bills are all under €30 and 3 winter bi-monthly bills are always about €80, €120 and €140.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

I think they take the national average starting off

I was set up at 67 euro per a few months before xmas. recently this was revised based on my usage to 25 per month (I am not living in the house yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They revised mine after three months. However, I left after 12 and I had nearly an entire months payment in credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just emailed them asking them to adjust it from the default €61/month to a more realistic(given my history) €30-€35/month.

They replied very quickly to tell me that they have reduced the amount to €35 but that the first payment is due on 16th!! that is next Monday and that they cant stop that payment!!
    Thanks for your email to Bord Gáis Energy,

As per request I have reduced your monthly payments to €35.00 however you have a payment due to be taken on the 16th May for €61.00. As this is so close I am unable to stop it.

This €35.00 is subject to change depending on your usage.

If there’s anything else we can help you with, just reply to this email and we’ll be happy to help. If you’d like to speak to one of our team, simply call us on 1850 632 632. We’re available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

Surely they must give me 14 days notice of the direct debit and also send me out a bill at least 14 days before they raid my account??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

foggy_lad wrote: »

Surely they must give me 14 days notice of the direct debit and also send me out a bill at least 14 days before they raid my account??

Notice for the first I suspect so. As goes each dip, probably not as its not actually a bill as such, its an agreement payment to a fund that pays your bills.

L1011 wrote: »
    Notice for the first I suspect so. As goes each dip, probably not as its not actually a bill as such, its an agreement payment to a fund that pays your bills.

I got a letter from them this morning which is dated 4th May 2016, this is confirming the direct debit details and telling me that the debit will be taken from my account on the 16th of each month, this also gave the €61/month figure.

Do they hold such bills and letters for a week before sending it to customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hey foggy,

When that 61 is debited you could just do a SEPA refund on it and have them bill you the correct amount then?

Cheers

Joseph wrote: »
    Hey foggy,

When that 61 is debited you could just do a SEPA refund on it and have them bill you the correct amount then?

Cheers
    Yes but I don't mind the amount as much as the miserable amount of notice they give for direct debits! And they have changed the monthly amount to €35 for now.

SEPA direct debits should have 14 days notice but Bord Gais think that about 5 days is enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Agreed 5 days isn't good.

Advertisement