Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Download MMS Messages

Options
  • 11-05-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Eir mobile phone bill pay customer here and for some reason I can't download MMS messages that I am sent anymore.

I used to be able to receive them no problem and I have my messaging app set to automatically download MMS but in this past week I can't even manually download them. I just receive a message saying "You have a new MMS to download" but requesting the download does nothing.

Is there any solution to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Hi There,

Eir mobile phone bill pay customer here and for some reason I can't download MMS messages that I am sent anymore.

I used to be able to receive them no problem and I have my messaging app set to automatically download MMS but in this past week I can't even manually download them. I just receive a message saying "You have a new MMS to download" but requesting the download does nothing.

Hi Adamcp898,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you make sure your wifi is off and data on when trying to download an MMS message?
    Let me know if that works :)

-Pamela

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Criddy

Contact your service provider. They will resend the correct settings. Sometimes changes because of updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hi There,

Hi Adamcp898,

Can you make sure your wifi is off and data on when trying to download an MMS message?

-Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I've tried it both with data and WiFi. I generally have data turned on 24/7.

Have there been any changes to the APN MMS settings that I should alter? i.e. they've always been mms.mymeteor.ie but has this changed recently?

Hi There,

Hi Adamcp898,

-Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I've tried it both with data and WiFi. I generally have data turned on 24/7.

Have there been any changes to the APN MMS settings that I should alter? i.e. they've always been mms.mymeteor.ie but has this changed recently?
    No problem Adamcp898,

Please see the correct settings below,

-Pamela 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]MMS[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]
    1.mms.eircom.ie

2.Username: my

3.Password: wap

4.Server: leave blank

5.Mmsc: [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]http://mms.eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]

6.Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85

7.Mms port: 8799

8.Mms protocol: wap 2.0 
    9.Mcn: 03

10.Authentication type: pap

11.Apn type: mms[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hi There,

Hi Adamcp898,

-Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

No problem Adamcp898,

-Pamela 

1.mms.eircom.ie

Thanks Pamela that has worked.

Just so you know when the you request to download the network's internet settings it still downloads the meteor version as default. 

• Advertisement

Hi There,

Hi Adamcp898,

-Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

No problem Adamcp898,

-Pamela 

1.mms.eircom.ie

Thanks Pamela that has worked.

Just so you know when the you request to download the network's internet settings it still downloads the meteor version as default. 
    No problem Adamcp898 :)
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll have that flagged.

-Pamela 

Advertisement