Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP OAuth Libraries

Options
  • 11-05-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, instead of coding it all from scratch is there a reliable PHP OAuth library I can get on packagist that will allow me to log into a custom site using Google, Facebook & Twitter?!

I was looking at hybridauth, has anyone used it before?

I've implemented this functionality from scratch before but looking to save time if possible where security is not compromised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

I previously used PHPoAuthLib. It has a large list of implementations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Talisman wrote: »
    I previously used PHPoAuthLib. It has a large list of implementations.
    Thanks, I'll have a look at it. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ziycon wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll have a look at it. :)

I'd be tempted to investigate some of the others. This would cause alarm bells for me:
    NOTE: I'm looking for someone who could help to maintain this package alongside me, just because I don't have a ton of time to devote to it. However, I'm still going to keep trying to pay attention to PRs, etc.

Graham wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to investigate some of the others. This would cause alarm bells for me:
    Very good point, I'm leaning more towards just coding it from scratch as I only every want the three routes on top of the normal site login.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ziycon wrote: »
    Very good point, I'm leaning more towards just coding it from scratch as I only every want the three routes on top of the normal site login.

Not sure I'd go to the trouble of coding from scratch, depends on your requirements I guess.

There's a couple of packages on packagist with a million+ downloads and multiple contributors that might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

In the end I went with Facebook's API, Google's API and the Codebird API for Twitter and wrapped them in my own code, saved a fair bit of time using these APIs compared to writing from scratch and with the help of my own custom wrapper I've been able to integrate them seamlessly into my codebase.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

Advertisement