Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New account

Options
  • 11-05-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭

Bought an apartment recently, didn't have MPRN until I received a letter addressed to occupant. Saying if I didn't register within 7 days I'd get disconnected. Thats tomorrow, 12th.
    Rang the 1850 number from someone else's phone, but had forgotten to bring meter reading taken the day I got the keys, CSR said I could do it online. They gave me an account number.
    Online, could only see a 'switch' option, so I went with that, although I haven't had an electric account since 1997.
    Filled in the details.
    Will the process be seamless? Don't want to be cut off!
    I can PM details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi bonzodog2,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    bonzodog2 wrote:
    Online, could only see a 'switch' option, so I went with that, although I haven't had an electric account since 1997.
    Filled in the details.
    Will the process be seamless? Don't want to be cut off!
    I can PM details.

The moving in/out facility on our website is located here (in the Online Services section), but using the switching application should have the same effect in this case. There shouldn't be any danger of disconnection, but we would be happy to look into this further for you if you can just PM us with the following details:
    • Your full name
    • The MPRN of the property
    • The first line of the address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Thanks,
    David

Advertisement